• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jujutsu Kaisen Discussion Page #1

Hanami’s arm was vulnerable because Maki hit it with PC. Megumi’s Divine Dog’s are stated to harm a Special Grade with its claws, as proven in OoO, and in the Hanami fight. Panda with Gorilla mode should be fairly obvious, especially since Base Panda was able to make Todo bleed, though he was paralyzed.
Fair enough, I agree with this so long as they aren’t fully scaling to Hanami since ofc Hanami wasn’t going all out.

Wonder what Yuji will reveal next chapter. Sukuna looked irritated and planning to step in then his expression changed to surprise then elation so who knows.

Wonder what Yuji will reveal next chapter. Sukuna looked irritated and planning to step in then his expression changed to surprise then elation so who knows.
Maybe Sukuna will find Yuta also interesting like with Megumi and could possibly assist in what ever his plan is.
I’d still like to see Yuta fight 15 finger Sukuna though.

I don’t think Maki should scale to Hanami. No matter how you slice it Playful Cloud is an amp to attack power. Plus Maki got oneshot by Jogo. She definitely shouldn’t scale to Special Grades.

As for Panda, I just rewatched the scene and I don’t recall him drawing blood from Todo at all

I mean yeah, Playful Cloud is an amp. We'd just give her Hanami's tier with Playful Cloud

Saying playful cloud is an amp is odd considering it's stated to be based off the users own power, so I don't know if you guys are just gonna ignore that or if there's some other reason for it being an amp.
I don’t think Maki should scale to Hanami. No matter how you slice it Playful Cloud is an amp to attack power. Plus Maki got oneshot by Jogo. She definitely shouldn’t scale to Special Grades.

As for Panda, I just rewatched the scene and I don’t recall him drawing blood from Todo at all

Saying playful cloud is an amp is odd considering it's stated to be based off the users own power, so I don't know if you guys are just gonna ignore that or if there's some other reason for it being an amp.
Maki can't damage Hanami, but with playful cloud she can, so it's a amp

Maki hit Hanami with her Bisento and does no damage. Maki hits Hanami with Megumi’s sword and does no damage. Maki hits Hanami with Playful Cloud and takes a chunk out of his arm. That’s a clear amp.

0046-019.png

This looks like blood splatter to me.

And then with megumi's sword it doesn't seem like she was trying to hurt her since their plan was to actually attack her branches that's why they switched weapons to throw hanami off guard when she notices maki using a sword instead. Doesn't make sense to give megumi pc when he doesn't fight well with it.

They’re still attacking him as Megumi attacks Hanami’s chest with the sword and Maki directly strikes his palm.

Hanami took no damage from the Bisento. If that was a wound we’d have seen it rather than vague prticles.

Special grades can regen really quick so us not seeing the wound doesn't really work. And they don't attack her chest they attack her branches.

Because it's a deeper wound probably. Unless hanami just can't regen that would be weird. Idk. Just seems weird for pc to be based off your own power but have but give an amp.

Now that memory manipulation was debunked as Yuji's power by the author themself, do you guys ever want Yuji to get his own unique curse technique + domain outside Sukuna's techniques?

So much rampant misinformation being spread, Jesus...

1.) Playful Cloud is not an amp. It is directly tied to the strength of the wielder, and lacks a cursed technique. Because it relies on strength, Toji, being superior, managed to take it from her.

2.) Maki has consistently harmed Special Gradewith Playful Cloud. She put a dent in Dagon’s arm, and was the second to actually harm Hanami. Miwa’s sword isn’t a cursed tool, and cannot keep up with Maki’s strength, that’s exactly why Hanami mentions it cannot her.

3.) Panda draws blood from Todo here, and clearly has a bruise.

Some of these claims are blatant headcanon and dishonest claims of what actually happened.

Maki couldn’t have used her Bisento against Hanami, because she broke it against Miwa. Playful Cloud doesn’t give anymore strength than what you have, unless you’re saying Geto needed to amp himself against Yuta when he was stated to be superior to him twice, and Toji needed to be amped to kill Dagon.

Assuming Playful Cloud isn’t an amp and is directly tied to the wielder’s strength it is a woefully pointless weapon and Maki would simply beat the hell out of curses with her fists. This isn’t shown and Maki treats Playful Cloud as though it makes a big difference as she behaved against Dagon.

Maki couldn’t harm Dagon with her Bisento either. If your argument is really that her raw physicals are enough to beat up curses why does she rely on cursed tools?

Listen to yourself. Does it make any sense for a Grade 2 to compare in any way to a Special Grade? When Kamo (who is above Grade 2) can barely do any damage to Hanami (who wasn’t even taking them seriously). Todo was likely not fighting seriously.

Some of these claims are blatant headcanon and dishonest claims of what actually happened.

Maki couldn’t have used her Bisento against Hanami, because she broke it against Miwa. Playful Cloud doesn’t give anymore strength than what you have, unless you’re saying Geto needed to amp himself against Yuta when he was stated to be superior to him twice, and Toji needed to be amped to kill Dagon.
Right my bad I mad a mistake with the bisento and sword.

So you’re saying Maki can beat Special Grades down and tear them apart with her hands? The fact that Playful Cloud is an amp is the only way it makes sense for Maki to use it and for her to do zero damage with Megumi’s sword but take a chunk out of Hanami’s arm with Playful Cloud.

Assuming Playful Cloud isn’t an amp and is directly tied to the wielder’s strength it is a woefully pointless weapon and Maki would simply beat the hell out of curses with her fists. This isn’t shown and Maki treats Playful Cloud as though it makes a big difference as she behaved against Dagon.
That is directly what the manga says. Again, listen to what Hanami said, that sword cannot harm her because it’s not a cursed tool, and cannot keep up with her strength. That’s the exact reason why when Megumi pulls out the black sword, she openly admits it’s a good sword.

Same goes for point two.

Does it make any sense for a Grade 2 to compare in any way to a Special Grade? When Kamo (who is above Grade 2) can barely do any damage to Hanami (who wasn’t even taking them seriously). Todo was likely not fighting seriously.
Are we not forgetting the Grading system is somewhat flawed? Semi-Grade 1 Mechamaru was absolutely embarrassed by Semi-Grade 2 Base Panda, Second Grade Yuji is stated to be stronger than First Grade Todo, and, literally, Maki Zenin’s existence.

So you’re saying Maki can beat Special Grades down and tear them apart with her hands? The fact that Playful Cloud is an amp is the only way it makes sense for Maki to use it and for her to do zero damage with Megumi’s sword but take a chunk out of Hanami’s arm with Playful Cloud.
Yes, I am. Do you think that Geto, who was stated to be superior twice, needed an amp to beat a just barely experienced Yuta? Do you think Toji needed to be amped against Dagon?

It is not a pointless weapon, you understand the increased distance you get using them right? her arm's length plus the pc length is better than just getting up even closer with bare fist. And also the reason she doesn't use her fist is cause of the heavenly restriction.

That is directly what the manga says. Again, listen to what Hanami said, that sword cannot harm her because it’s not a cursed tool, and cannot keep up with her strength. That’s the exact reason why when Megumi pulls out the black sword, she openly admits it’s a good sword.

Same goes for point two.

Are we not forgetting the Grading system is somewhat flawed? Semi-Grade 1 Mechamaru was absolutely embarrassed by Semi-Grade 2 Base Panda, Second Grade Yuji is stated to be stronger than First Grade Todo, and, literally, Maki Zenin’s existence.

Yes, I am. Do you think that Geto, who was stated to be superior twice, needed an amp to beat a just barely experienced Yuta? Do you think Toji needed to be amped against Dagon?
Yet Maki does no damage with Megumi’s sword.

When was Yuji called a second grade? Yuji is stronger in raw physical strength which is his whole schtick. Panda is a h2h fighter. Mechamaru isn’t and he even took negligible damage from base Panda’s assault.

Getou was trying to kill Yuta and has no clue of Rika’s limits. Using Playful Cloud doesn’t say anything bad about him. We have no clue what Toji’s AP in base even is. Whatever the case he wanted Playful Cloud.

There are wrong things in this:
1-Yuji is just PHYSICALLY stronger than Todo, so this doesn't include CE
2-We don't know Yuji's Grade
3-While it's true that Panda was keeping up with Mechamaru are we not forgetting that if were not for his cores he was gonna be one-shoted by Mechamaru's Ultimate Cannon

I'm like 99% sure Geto was testing how good of a fighter Yuta is and decided to try fighting him himself, not really that he didn't know rika's limits. He at least knows how strong Rika is to come to the conclusion that with her he'd beat the jujutsu families. So kinda pointless to continue with this getou bs.

I'm like 99% sure Geto was testing how good of a fighter Yuta is and decided to try fighting him himself, not really that he didn't know rika's limits. He at least knows how strong Rika is to come to the conclusion that with her he'd beat the jujutsu families. So kinda pointless to continue with this getou bs.
Having an idea of what someone could do doesn’t translate to knowing their limits. As an example, I know a bear can easily move 700 pounds but I don’t know the maximum a bear can move.

I am unsure about Panda scaling tbh. The only time he hurt Todo was when he was paralyzed and caught off guard, and Todo wasn't going all out at the time either. It would also be weird considering Panda gained a massive boost in strength from Gorilla mode, yet was still weaker than Todo.

if anything, Panda would just scale to a an unknown percentage of Todo

Point is him using pc doesn't really matter in this instance.
Well yeah I agree. Milly made the point that Getou needed to be amped to fight Yuta and I’m just trying to say that’s not really the case.

I went over this before, that scene where Hanami stops the black sword isn't Maki trying to hurt Hanami, it was their plan to trick Hanami to catch her off guard so they could end up attacking her branches since it's the weak spot.
There’s no reason to not attack seriously but I digress

Some of you should look up the graph that was released on the students scaling.

Their Physical strength and CE are represented perfectly so you can sort of tell why one student would come off better than the other in different scenarios.

Back