• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jujutsu Kaisen Discussion Page #1

No if it scaled to the bullet, it would scale to Maki for catching it barehanded at point-blank in front of her face.
And if Maki scaled to it, then a ton of other people scaled to it.

However it is pretty clear that the AP and Speed of the bullet are not any more special than a regular bullet.
Mai's power it to create a singular bullet each day from nothing using her cursed energy.

This means that she has Large Town Level amount of energy that she can output.
But not for attacking as her sole ability is Construction it seems.

Though, Mai literally 1-shots Nobara.
So Mai should scale to her Dura.

No if it scaled to the bullet, it would scale to Maki for catching it barehanded at point-blank in front of her face.
And if Maki scaled to it, then a ton of other people scaled to it.

However it is pretty clear that the AP and Speed of the bullet are not any more special than a regular bullet.
Mai's power it to create a singular bullet each day from nothing using her cursed energy.

This means that she has Large Town Level amount of energy that she can output.
But not for attacking as her sole ability is Construction it seems.

Though, Mai literally 1-shots Nobara.
So Mai should scale to her Dura.
I think calling it not more special than a normal bullet is slightly downplaying since it’s cursed energy amped so real rounds fired from that gun if she amps it with cursed energy can pierce characters around her caliber without difficulties unless we consider Mai street level or something.

I agree with the bullet not scaling to the energy input of crating it tho.

I think calling it not more special than a normal bullet is slightly downplaying since it’s cursed energy amped so real rounds fired from that gun if she amps it with cursed energy can pierce characters around her caliber without difficulties unless we consider Mai street level or something.

I agree with the bullet not scaling to the energy input of crating it tho.
I mean street level Mai isn’t really contradicted by anything (although it’s kinda funny when I think about it) especially since according to Gege’s ratings Grades 4-2 spirits are actually street level and Mai is a Grade 3 sorcerer.

In fact I wonder why Nobara scales to Mahito since she never took a hit from him and fought his weaker clone the whole time. Plus her Resonance doesn’t have a set power on top of that.

Ok, so after watching the latest JJK episode and seeing the Maki vs Mai fight animated Btw the whole ep was brilliantly animated.

I remembered the cursed technique construction.
Where Mai is described to be creating an object from nothing outside of her own cursed energy.
It’s described to take a lot and I mean a lot of energy to use and 1 bullet per day is her max.

This sounds like E=MC^2, since she’s creating objects with mass from energy and is described to take a lot to make relatively quite little mass since bullets are quite light.Makes sense

So using E=MC^2 and using This website which says 9mm bullets standardly weigh between 10 and 14.5g

Low end:Mai creating a 10g round=898755179 Megajoules or 214.8 Kilotons
Large Town Level(High 7-C)
High End:14.5g Round=1303195009 Megajoules or 311 Kilotons
Large Town Level(High 7-C)

Do I even think using E=MC^2 for Mai’s bullets is valid probably not
But it’s interesting I guess.
Shit...

I mean street level Mai isn’t really contradicted by anything (although it’s kinda funny when I think about it) especially since according to Gege’s ratings Grades 4-2 spirits are actually street level and Mai is a Grade 3 sorcerer.

In fact I wonder why Nobara scales to Mahito since she never took a hit from him and fought his weaker clone the whole time. Plus her Resonance doesn’t have a set power on top of that.
I mean tbf via gege’s Ratings saying Special grades would need carpet bombing

That’s like 8-C up to potentially 8-A depending on the bombs used
But that’s if the same number of bombs used in a carpet bombing were dropped All exactly right on top of them but carpet bombing is about covering a wide area which means the explosions wouldn’t be focused
Which would mean it’s more like 8-C.

So I don’t think Gege’s grade explanations are the most valid on surface level and mainly make sense when comparing to each other

Descriptions like A carpet bombing might not be enough vs Calling it close with a shotgun.

I mean tbf via gege’s Ratings saying Special grades would need carpet bombing

That’s like 8-C up to potentially 8-A depending on the bombs used
But that’s if the same number of bombs used in a carpet bombing were dropped All exactly right on top of them but carpet bombing is about covering a wide area which means the explosions wouldn’t be focused
Which would mean it’s more like 8-C.

So I don’t think Gege’s grade explanations are the most valid on surface level and mainly make sense when comparing to each other

Descriptions like A carpet bombing might not be enough vs Calling it close with a shotgun.
The most common carpet bomb with cluster bombs I can find is 8B. It’s also said rapid carpet bombing isn’t enough. So at bare minimum that means 8C might possibly work on them which is contradicted by Grade 1 spirits being chump change and those are too much for tanks which range from 9A to 8C

The most common carpet bomb I can find is 8B. It’s also said rapid carpet bombing isn’t enough. So at bare minimum that means 8C does nothing to them which isn’t really contradicted and if anything is supported by Grade 1 spirits being chump change and those are too much for tanks which range from 9A to 8C
When I check I see bomber planes I mainly see they have bombs around 9-A to 8-C with exceptions out there.

However a google search tells me the MOAB is a common and strong bomb which yields 11 tons which is interesting I think that’s exactly the same as mechamaru’s calc
Maybe saying they’re at least that strong isn’t inconsistent after all I guess it’s just overshadowed by other feats

Last edited:
When I check I see bomber planes I mainly see they have bombs around 9-A to 8-C with exceptions out there.

However a google search tells me the MOAB is a common and strong bomb which yields 11 tons which is interesting I think that’s exactly the same as mechamaru’s calc
Maybe saying they’re at least that strong isn’t inconsistent after all I guess
Yeah especially since the special grades we’ve mainly seen a super powerful outliers so it isn’t out of the ordinary for them to be as high as 7C or something. If anything I’d say 8B would fit for Grade 1 sorcerers like Nanami or Todo who can fight special grades

Maybe saying they’re at least that strong isn’t inconsistent after all I guess it’s just overshadowed by other feats
Really no, Mechamaru is a semi-grade 1, wich means he can at least fight with special grades, and remember that if Panda didn't have his cores he would've been one shoted by his canon

Yeah especially since the special grades we’ve mainly seen a super powerful outliers so it isn’t out of the ordinary for them to be as high as 7C or something. If anything I’d say 8B would fit for Grade 1 sorcerers like Nanami or Todo who can fight special grades
In the cases of Todo and Yuji(Since he’s of that caliber) wouldn’t they be in the tier 7 range scaling off High 7-C Hanami Feat.

I’m not sure about Nanami since he has dura negating and we don’t see him slice Mahito without the ratio technique maybe I need to reread that fight so correct me if I am wrong.Im even more unsure about Overtime nanami since it’s clearly a big amp(Based on how impressed Mahito looked) But a very vague one.

In the cases of Todo and Yuji(Since he’s of that caliber) wouldn’t they be in the tier 7 range scaling off High 7-C Hanami Feat.

I’m not sure about Nanami since he has dura negating and we don’t see him slice Mahito without the ratio technique maybe I need to reread that fight so correct me if I am wrong.Im even more unsure about Overtime nanami since it’s clearly a big amp(Based on how impressed Mahito looked) But a very vague one.
Hanami's calc is faulty since it relies on calc stacking (unless there's a tier 7 result from superhuman or peak human reactions). Otherwise yeah they could be Tier 7.

Yh now that you mention it I don't recall Nanami harming him without Ratio or even getting hit by Mahito but he scales to Yuji.

Hanami's calc is faulty since it relies on calc stacking (unless there's a tier 7 result from superhuman or peak human reactions). Otherwise yeah they could be Tier 7.

Yh now that you mention it I don't recall Nanami harming him without Ratio or even getting hit by Mahito but he scales to Yuji.
Hanami’s calc is High 7-C using Peak Human Reactions or more specifically 161 Kilotons of tnt
Oh yeah Nanami scales to Yuji, well I guess he has justification being Tier 7 then

I just binged the entirety of JJK and just want to ask: Choso's Blood Manipulation was described to be moving at transonic speeds, with Itadori struggling to evade it. Is this legit or a mistranslation?

There is also the issue with the old drunk Zenin dude having a 1 second divided by 24 frames reaction as a special skill. I might be misinterpreting the ability, but that sounds way too slow.

Well, if there are inconsistencies like these, the best way to resolve it is probably to compile all the speed feats, and see which ones are inconsistent with the rest and deem it an outlier. I think.

It just annoys me that this could potentially limit/downgrade the majority of the casts' speed since Yuji was only able to block and maybe react to Chose's bloody stream.

Last edited:
It just annoys me that this could potentially limit/downgrade the majority of the casts' speed since Yuji was only able to block and maybe react to Chose's bloody stream
Well to be fair Yuji did dodge the attack at close range once albeit it did graze him

Uraume blocked it at close range I don’t think it will yield high results since she barely moved but it’s something.

Yuji has stated that the transonic bloody streams are too fast and his chances of dodging are 50/50.
Although yeah, he did dodge it at close range, although he timed and predicted the attack beforehand and Choso played along.

I'm not sure how to calculate it however, I feel like results might end up inflated (dodging a transonic projectile in that range could yield supersonic+ or even hypersonic speeds). Though that depends on how the Maki feat goes. I feel like more calc group members should evaluate it (one says it's fine to use, the other has some disagreements).

Just that the context in the Choso fights clearly implies that Yuji can still get tagged, but Yuji is capable of blocking and even dodging it. If he had supersonic+ or hypersonic movement speed he won't have any trouble with a transonic attack with 50/50 chance of dodging, IMO.

You should actually give Yuji: Regeneration Negation (Low Godly) instead of Soul Manipulation

not really, divergent fist is just two normal hits, it's not really an amp or something, besides, Yuji uses it regularly, so this would just be his normal AP
Didn’t Nanami say it was a 100% boost to his strength as well or am I misremembering

Besides that Nanami did say the initial hit is weaker due to it not being Yuji’s full Cursed energy so the second impact should be stronger
However it is true it is his standard AP outside of between Post Goodwill and the Choso fight so I agree there

Last edited:
1 second divided by 24 frames reaction as a special skill. I might be misinterpreting the ability, but that sounds way too slow.
So his ability is essentially this; Imagine setting up predetermined positions that you will move across, his ability allows him to move across them in 1 second and the 1 second shouldn't be taken as how fast he is considering that time is perceived differently at different speeds, which means naobito's 1s is perceived differently and also when doing the ability Nanami nor Maki can see it happen so regardless of it being in the span of 1s it's still a good speed for him and for people who scale above.

0111-012.png

Back