• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jujutsu Kaisen Discussion Page #1

Alright so I had a friend translate this scan for me to see if it makes sense in the series considering makis feat would be above the speed of sound

呪力で強化された血液の初速は音速をも超える
The initial velocity of blood strengthened by curse exceeds the speed of sound

image0.jpg

So either my friend translated it wrong or Piercing on fire off exceeds sos and then slows down.

What has changed, the speed of the projectile?
There are suggestions to use only the speed of a rubber bullet, because there was no indication that Mai created and used a real bullet, against her sister no less.

Alright so I had a friend translate this scan for me to see if it makes sense in the series considering makis feat would be above the speed of sound

呪力で強化された血液の初速は音速をも超える
The initial velocity of blood strengthened by curse exceeds the speed of sound
Does your friend know Japanese?
In any case, it would make sense that it could at least be supersonic since its initial release creates a shockwave.
I plugged the text you provided on DeepL and it also translates it as exceeding the speed of sound.
I'd suggest we consult a proficient Japanese speaker in the wiki, just to be sure though.

Speed of Sound is Transonic.
That's kinda, slower than I figured.

Cause Yuji is one of the physically fastest, if he is only Transonic Combat with Hypersonic Reactions a bunch of other characters will be even slower.

Also what is Yuji's travel speed?
He's shown to be faster than regular humans can even run, Superhuman
But he also caught up to a speeding car right? When he pulled Eso off it?

That never happened. He moved faster than Esos blood wing ability with his travel speed. Now we have no speed for that attack but I highly doubt it's slower than superhuman which is yujis only known travel speed. So either Eso's attack is insanely slow or Yuji travel speed scales to his combat. Besides scaling his travel to his combat I'd say his travel speed is likely subsonic post goodwill

Ah Eso fell off because of Nobara's technique. Yuji didn't pull Eso off. But he is right there to punch him.

Last edited:
Also I'm not saying anything about scaling travel speed and combat speed.
I am was just asking what Travel speed he should have on his profile.

Travel Speed and Combat Speed are separate stats.

Eso's attack is a Poison that induces Corrosion, so Poison Manipulation should be on the profile yes?
Especially because there is a line that the Poison won't affect Yuji because he is the host for Sukuna and Sukuna is the King of Deadly Poisons. Poison Resistance works against the Blood. (Could be listed as a weakness for his technique?)

Do you think it might qualify for Pain Manipulation because even though Yuji is resistant to the Poison aspect, he still feels the pain of decomposition?
(Chapter 61, page 5)

Yuji still experiences the pain the poison causes but can just resist because he’s Yuji. It’s like Gon ignoring his arm coming off because willpower at least that’s how I understood it.

The wiki page says control someone's pain by inducing it or intensifying it.

I would say Eso's poison induces pain, but Yuji can't be stopped by pain alone, which to me sounds like resistance to pain manipulation.

Yeah, Yuji should have it considering he is constantly eating attacks with little to no pain, such as having hand cut off and being pierced by the blood meteorite in his kidney.

Also, does anyone have the scan for how big the screen was in Shabuya? I think I found some things

Back