• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jujutsu Kaisen Discussion Page #1

I feel like a broken record calling every episode a banger, week after week BUT HOLY **** THAT WAS A BANGER EPISODE. I don't even know what to say without repeating myself but my god it was incraedible. I can't even begin to describe the sheer amount of hype i have for the Mahito fight.

Also i heard that a lot of the season 2 animators quit recently, can someone verify if that's true?

I feel like a broken record calling every episode a banger, week after week BUT HOLY **** THAT WAS A BANGER EPISODE. I don't even know what to say without repeating myself but my god it was incraedible. I can't even begin to describe the sheer amount of hype i have for the Mahito fight.

Also i heard that a lot of the season 2 animators quit recently, can someone verify if that's true?
a good chunk of them did yeah, also would be a bit skeptical of the mahito fight if I where you, Mappa's manament team and CEO have been a bunch of less than capable people (trying to be nice here) and are working their animators to the bone so a pretty solid number of them quit

a good chunk of them did yeah, also would be a bit skeptical of the mahito fight if I where you, Mappa's manament team and CEO have been a bunch of less than capable people (trying to be nice here) and are working their animators to the bone so a pretty solid number of them quit
Thought so, on the one hand the Mahito fight is my most anticipated fight in the whole season but on the other hand i'd prefer if the animators weren't forced work themselves to death

DUDE STOP WANKING.
912177901129044069.webp

btw all this talk about ryu output > all players (when it is kinda questionable, as it could simply refer to the sendai only but i digress) when we forgetting that kenny and sukuna ain't the player 😔

Some news about the animation being bad or not may be fake or exaggerated

This tweet as well has been getting called out for being misinformation.

Myaura has also said some of what's been going around isn't true, but take his word with a grain of salt if you want, shrug.

one day, when the anime reaches gojo vs sukuna

shi finna break the internet ong.
Anime: Gojo use Blue to move beyond what the laws of physics allow to move, not only that, but its force is comparable to Yuki's black hole but even more focused. His Red is now stated to match a supernova and his Hollow to the explosion that have give brith to the universe (Its all noncanon)

Best Fight in the Series is Hakari vs Kashimo. You can't change my mind. Sukuna vs Gojo was pretty good and intense when it was on but it was more based on strategic.

My top fights in JJK list
  1. Hakari vs Kashimo
  2. Yuta vs Ryu vs Uro
  3. Todo & Yuji vs Mahito
  4. Sukuna vs Gojo
  5. Toji vs Gojo overall
  6. Megumi vs Reggie / Yuji & Todo vs Hanami
  7. Mahito vs Mechamaru
  8. Geto vs Yuta
Not based on anime. This is purely manga only.

That episode left me ******* speechless.

Malevolent Shrine was so ******* good. Breathtaking.

Mappa doesn't deserve these animators man.

Also, I feel like we should be able to use the anime. I really dislike how VSBW thinks they're completely separate material. It's so lame.

Doesn't Gege work closely with the production? Feel like I heard that before.

Anime: Gojo use Blue to move beyond what the laws of physics allow to move, not only that, but its force is comparable to Yuki's black hole but even more focused. His Red is now stated to match a supernova and his Hollow to the explosion that have give brith to the universe (Its all noncanon)
but i was talking about W animation rather than "haha cool abilities go brrr in powerscale" tho ☹️

Also, I feel like we should be able to use the anime. I really dislike how VSBW thinks they're completely separate material. It's so lame.

Like at least let us make anime versions of the profiles like how dragon ball does

he does. they go hand in hand directly and mappa literally needs to go through his approval and feedback and shi, and discuss closely extensively in detail about production and so on. Gege is basically the director of the series anime production in a way. (And Gege and Sheuisha own the license to the story itself anyways so ofc they'd have that much authority)
and then there's gege's approval of the anime scenes, to where he basically considers it a remake of the manga, a more fitting portrayal of his series.

Unless we get statements like the anime is truer to Gege's vision, like Bleach did, the anime scenes won't be taken over the manga ones. Mainly because the nature of animes tends to push scale a lot larger than manga's do which inflates stats.

Unless we get statements like the anime is truer to Gege's vision, like Bleach did, the anime scenes won't be taken over the manga ones. Mainly because the nature of animes tends to push scale a lot larger than manga's do which inflates stats.
So then what's with things like Mob Psycho using its anime?

Regardless, this is such a garbage standard. Gege is literally approving of this stuff being a suitable showcase of his visions behind the scenes.

That should be enough to combine the source materials or take both of them as main source. I don't understand why VSBW has such a weird view on this. Like, almost every other powerscaling website/person treats canon better than VSBW lol.

Regardless, this is such a garbage standard. Gege is literally approving of this stuff being a suitable showcase of his visions behind the scenes.

That should be enough to combine the source materials or take both of them as main source. I don't understand why VSBW has such a weird view on this. Like, almost every other powerscaling website/person treats canon better than VSBW lol.
Stuff like that is allowed normally when the visuals of the manga aren't clear enough to get scale and such. I think we have old MHA calc which uses the anime for a feat Bakugo pulls off because figuring out scale was a mess. I won't act like I know the specifics behind this calc, but due to One's own style being on the more amateurish side I imagine the anime was allowed because it was just clearer.

And while I can understand frustration with the standard, it exist primarily because of what's being asked for here. The idea that the anime version will inflate the value of calculations and push stats far beyond what was intended with the manga. That's also why its asked for that direct statements from the author emerge in cases like this that essentially say the anime is the intended form for consumption.

As far as I know Greg isn’t approving anything. The production asks him for feedback, and he says he gave them a half assed feedback. And it’s really half assed, dude said “as long as something something it should be fine”.

Clearly there’s no in depth collaboration between the anime production and Greg.

Again this is the only time I saw Greg stating something about the anime.

tw7tk2iwfoeb1.png

It's a good rule, doesn't allow for people trying to ignore the author's vision and at the same time use both sources for scaling. We can just make anime pages for the characters anyway right?

No we can not. I think we have an explicit rule against anime profiles unless the anime has like a wildly different story path that makes it a proper separate continuity. Toei gets away with because of all the movies DBZ has and their filler stuff if I remember correctly.

Anime is an adaptation, not a secondary or alternative canonicity. I don't believe we are obligated to create new profiles for the anime version, since there is no indication that it differs from the original manga in terms of significant narrative telling.

To the best of my knowledge, Gege does not endorse any specific material, unlike Kubo with Bleach. Therefore, we will consider the manga as the original canon. My primary concern lies in calculations. The latest episode showcases notable upgrades in tiers and impressive feats/abilities.

I am not inclined to utilize any of this information to either upgrade or downgrade characters. It lacks consistency with the original manga.

We also need to stop using this argument about "Author supervises the anime" to make things canon. The author can supervise non-canon stuff too. Just because the author helps the anime production to keep things coherent doesn't mean it's canon, it means the production is committed with quality.

We also need to stop using this argument about "Author supervises the anime" to make things canon. The author can supervise non-canon stuff too. Just because the author helps the anime production to keep things coherent doesn't mean it's canon, it means the production is committed with quality.
I veto approbo this. I used to have this discussion with some members, and I personally don't believe an author merely “supervising” any material makes it “canon” to the “original lore” unless he explicitly states that.

Last edited:
Back