• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jujutsu Kaisen Discussion Page #1

I was epecting more from Shibuya when I was reading. People hyped it up so much, talked to some friends and they said it's on pair with the best arcs in Naruto (which is imo literally all arcs from Part 1) and I was disappointed.

For me,

Shibuya is the only S tier arc. Like its build up and how it ends, as close to perfect as an arc can get for me.

A tier, I put Hidden Inventory, Tokyo Colony No.1, Vs Mahito, Perfect Preparation, Origin of Obedience
B tier, Itadori's Extermination, Goodwill, Sakurajima Colony, Tokyo Colony No.2, Sendai Colony,
C tier, JJK 0 and Fearsome Womb
hard agree on everything other than sendai, I'd put it in A tier

honestly though if we put all colonies as one arc aka culling games for me its S tier massive expansion of what JJK really is and the humangus setups that have been put in place and are about to be set off in the next half a year.

I was epecting more from Shibuya when I was reading. People hyped it up so much, talked to some friends and they said it's on pair with the best arcs in Naruto (which is imo literally all arcs from Part 1) and I was disappointed.
Ngl reading shibuya weekly was the pinnacle of hype. I literally cried due to the sheer ******* hype that I felt
But after rereading the arc five times, in none of these times the feeling happened again. Its still peak tho, but I think the arc was made to be read weekly instead of just at one glace

That's the common consensus. Pre-Shippiden was peak Naruto.
DUDE PART ONE WAS PEAK!

No honestly it truthfully felt like a world of ninjas where big moves that could do a lot of damage required a lot of preperation and skill while also having a high focus on CQC combat and the actual focus on being an underdog who is fighting against the odds. I mean the first time we see the first and second hokage their whole hype was oh they can creating things from just chakra and they don't have to manipulate actual wood or water to use it cuse they can make it and that was a big feat from 2 legendery kage.

Then shipuden drops and we just got this:
tumblr_inline_o829z2GGBW1t7jsuw_1280.jpg

I mean **** me madara just did one hand sign and he just drops a mountain leveling meteor cuse **** everyone within a mile radius am I right?

AND DON'T GET ME STARTED ON THE WHOLE SPACE NINJA JESUS THING.

Ngl reading shibuya weekly was the pinnacle of hype. I literally cried due to the sheer ******* hype that I felt
I mean it is the same hype that was Gojo V Sukuna being weekly that whole thing was settting the internet ablaze every week and sending the JJK fandom into a berserker frenzy here and there. Then the finale of the fight happened and half the fandom actually went full on insane

I mean which other series actually had people making actual real life shrines to remember a deceased fictional character?
But after rereading the arc five times, in none of these times the feeling happened again. Its still peak tho, but I think the arc was made to be read weekly instead of just at one glace
I feel like that cuse you already know all the story beats, its the same thing with replaying your fav game a few times, it just loses that luster.

I mean it is the same hype that was Gojo V Sukuna being weekly that whole thing was settting the internet ablaze every week and sending the JJK fandom into a berserker frenzy here and there. Then the finale of the fight happened and half the fandom actually went full on insane

I mean which other series actually had people making actual real life shrines to remember a deceased fictional character?
Harry Potter

DUDE PART ONE WAS PEAK!

No honestly it truthfully felt like a world of ninjas where big moves that could do a lot of damage required a lot of preperation and skill while also having a high focus on CQC combat and the actual focus on being an underdog who is fighting against the odds. I mean the first time we see the first and second hokage their whole hype was oh they can creating things from just chakra and they don't have to manipulate actual wood or water to use it cuse they can make it and that was a big feat from 2 legendery kage.

Then shipuden drops and we just got this:
tumblr_inline_o829z2GGBW1t7jsuw_1280.jpg

I mean ** me madara just did one hand sign and he just drops a mountain leveling meteor cuse ** everyone within a mile radius am I right?

AND DON'T GET ME STARTED ON THE WHOLE SPACE NINJA JESUS THING.
Yeah this is my exact thoughts. Part 1 really felt like a ninja world, part 2 past the Pain Arc and beyond feels like space wizards, which is funny because Kishimoto's next work was space themed.

I think the arcs before Pain are better than Pain Arc itself. Part 1 Naruto is a masterpiece.
Part one was a masterpiece 9.5/10
as close to perfect as you could get really

now shipuden was an 8/10 by the pain arc not quite as good as it was in part 1 but far from bad

then the war arc happened and it droped to a 7 cuse it just didn't feel like naruto any more

and then the 6 paths happened and we droped all the way down to 6 if not 5

and then the bastard son of naruto happened and that was and still is a 2/10

Part one was a masterpiece 9.5/10
as close to perfect as you could get really

now shipuden was an 8/10 by the pain arc not quite as good as it was in part 1 but far from bad

then the war arc happened and it droped to a 7 cuse it just didn't feel like naruto any more

and then the 6 paths happened and we droped all the way down to 6 if not 5

and then the bastard son of naruto happened and that was and still is a 2/10
I think people underestimate the Kage Summit Arc, it's great. It's Sasuke's arc, his character development is great (He's imo the best character in the series, a shame Kishimoto couldn't handle him anymore in the end).

Part 1: 10/10
Shippuden until Pain: a solid 8/10.
Kage Summit: 7.
Rest: 5 to 4, some peak moments here and there, but that's hit.

Glad to find someone else that thinks Part 1 is GOATed

I think people underestimate the Kage Summit Arc, it's great. It's Sasuke's arc, his character development is great (He's imo the best character in the series, a shame Kishimoto couldn't handle him anymore in the end).
I mean he is the most overall developed character out of the main 3

naruto doesn't really progress much in terms of character past part 1
I'm not even gonna mention sakura
and Kakashi is just Kakashi
Part 1: 10/10
I just never give anything 10/10 cuse nothing is ever perfect, but I'd be damned if I didn't wanna give Part 1 that 10
Shippuden until Pain: a solid 8/10.
agreed
Kage Summit: 7.
mainly cuse sasuke
Rest: 5 to 4, some peak moments here and there, but that's hit.
ye
Glad to find someone else that thinks Part 1 is GOATed
Hey feelings mutual

I mean his personality for a final villain simply doesn't work he is just a 1000 year old man child that gets pissy when things don't go his way

And I mean at least the writer themselves where able to admit it by drawing this.
68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f745f70494e3874796337794f59673d3d2d313039363135373234312e313638663533633936323737623233303436333039303439313536372e6a7067

perfect representation of what muzan is, aka a giant ******* baby
That's an aspect of Muzan I like. He's a completely awful, irredeemable person that you can kill, beat the ever-loving **** out of them, even torture them and there's no guilt. I like complex villains w/understandable reasoning for their villainy (MHA, Black Panther, Good Lord AOT, etc.) but it can get exhausting sometimes going through all that, especially when you have to beat them. Sometimes, you just want a simple bad guy that you defeat w/no severe moral implications to mull over 🤔 😓 😥

That's an aspect of Muzan I like. He's a completely awful, irredeemable person that you can kill, beat the ever-loving **** out of them, even torture them and there's no guilt. I like complex villains w/understandable reasoning for their villainy (MHA, Black Panther, Good Lord AOT, etc.) but it can get exhausting sometimes going through all that, especially when you have to beat them. Sometimes, you just want a simple bad guy that you defeat w/no severe moral implications to mull over 🤔 😓 😥
I mean I get the full on evil for no good reason cuse I vibe with that too, Its just his personally is akin to taking a rusty chunk of metal and draging it across a chalk board.

Oh btw since the translation for 242 are out I just love that start to death
https://cdn.****************.com/file/CDN-M-A-N/jjk_idiot_001.png
Special grade rebellion spirit: the pinnacle of Akuro'o
Takaba V kenny the malevolent special grade goes in for the kill

Next page:

https://cdn.****************.com/file/CDN-M-A-N/jjk_idiot_002.png
BOOM road kill
Get truck kun'd Bozo.

Oh btw since the translation for 242 are out I just love that start to death
https://cdn.****************.com/file/CDN-M-A-N/jjk_idiot_001.png
Special grade rebellion spirit: the pinnacle of Akuro'o
Takaba V kenny the malevolent special grade goes in for the kill

Next page:

https://cdn.****************.com/file/CDN-M-A-N/jjk_idiot_002.png
BOOM road kill
Get truck kun'd Bozo.
Truck-Kun, the stronger there is

Since we switched to talking about Naruto i'll give my take as well

Part 1: 8.5/10
Pre-Pain Shipudden: 7/10
Pain Arc: 9/10
Kage Summit: 7/10
War Arc: 8/10

I'll be real, i really like the war arc. It has a slow and kinda boring start, btu from the moment Madara appears up to his death it's just back to back peak. The Kaguya twist was really stupid but at least the series ends on a high note with the amazing final valley fight

Just how that is.
here
https://cdn.****************.com/file/CDN-M-A-N/jjk_218_bath_016.png
and here
https://cdn.****************.com/file/CDN-M-A-N/jjktcb_115_03.jpg

In the first panel sukuna is literally jumping higher into the air while he is already mid air meaning he is simply smacking his feat down so hard he breaks the sound barrier and moves up

and in the second panel sukuna literally is in one spot and then he jumps twards jogo from mid air

If that ain't Psudo flight I don't know what is.

Back