• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jotaro Kujo VS Hazel Rainart

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean...there's really not a lot Jotaro can actually do here. Hazel's semblance and stupidly good aura regen are a hard counter to SP's normal method of attacking, Aura blocks SP's intangibility and incorporeality and allows Hazel to damage SP, his mindset would be levelheaded due to Jotaro not being Ozpin, his punches dealing electricity damage on contact which (i think?) would also electrocute jotaro, etc.

Also, as for where Hazel lands tier-wise, he is stronger than Qrow.

I want to see proof that his electricity can spread on contact.

If it does, then it's going to be tricky at first, but largely winnable for Jotaro. Star Platinum would be forced to restrain from punching, being locked out to only projectiles and large objects. That being said I think it is totally reasonable that he can tank the electricity being transferred to Star Platinum so long as it is brief. That allows for him to do very quick punches or grab Hazel and launch him across a street, allowing him to recover from the damage and formulate a plan.

If it really comes down to it, Jotaro is not restricted to only doing punches. He's gone up against stands he couldn't just punch his way out of (such as Yellow Temperance) and resorted to running and thinking up a plan. If he knows he can't punch Hazel enough to knock him out in any significant manner, and he is unable to punch him for any extended period of time, then I myself would assume that using the enviornment is going to be necessary.

That being said, he can win against Hazel by taking this fight to a lake where he can win via incap. Jotaro is much more mobile by extension of his stand, being able to jump into said lake with Hazel close on pursuit, while also being able to throw out Star Platinum to quickly retract himself back to the ledge, Hazel unable to do so and falling into the water. From there he can pick up any large object such as a street lamp or a car and beat him down from a distance. It's not the most convinent strategy, but it'll work against an opponent who is forced to do a constant motion (swim) while also being forced to punch in a slower enviornment such as the water.

It's close but I give Jotaro the edge 6/10, only winning due to versatility with his stand.

@Professor I'll give the proof and a rebuttal in a second but im going to tell you again that it is against the rules for the OP of a thread to vote in their own thread

>It's close but I give Jotaro the edge 6/10, only winning due to versatility with his stand.

This is a vote my dude

As the op youre allowed to explain stuff but you cant flat out say who you think would win.

As the creator of the thread youre not allowed to give your opinion of the outcome, its against the rules

If i may, where exactly does Star Platinum's lifting strength rating come from...? I cant find it anywhere.

Monarch Laciel said:
Making a thread with the winner already in mind is frowned upo
Okay. I still think Jotaro is the winner. I am not going to be frowned upon so much so that my opinion changes.

Those two different methods suggest that it is made of carbon or rock.

The main one suggests that it was made out of diamond, as said several times by many characters.

Unless you have a better explanation as to why, then it should be fine. The only disagreement was that it isn't a lifting feat... despite him actively lifting it with his right arm.

Cool, it still wasnt evaluated and the one person who commented on it disagreed with it so I have no idea why it was used in the profile

It means that since the calc isnt legitimate, SP likely doesnt have the physical strength needed to overpower Hazel to be able to throw him

Throwing isn't the same thing as grappling.

Hazel weighs what, 100kg? Are you implying Star Platinum can't lift that much and throw him away, despite Jotaro casually being able to punch an average 50kg (though they can peak at 100kg) Orangutang through a steel door and several meters away?

It's still irrelevant to the fight. Lifting someone isn't dependant on your lifting stat vs their lifting stat, it's dependant on your lifting stat vs their weight.

Unless Hazel is 10^5 tons, I think it's safe to say Star Platinum can ragdoll him across the street. Especially considering Jotaro can ragdoll at least 50kg with a punch, not even a throw.

Anyways

One, Two, Three, there's a few odds and ends clips of his punches sending electricity through walls and the ground as well but i figure those would just be supplementary and you were just looking for him affecting his opponents with it.

His regen, aura regen, and semblance would help a lot with projectiles and he has the range and agility to deal with large objects being thrown at him. As shown in the third clip Hazel can continuously electrocute his opponent.

Why is it that your jojo arguments always end up with the jojo character running away to get prep time? If he tries to run away Hazel shoots him with electricity dust blasts which screws him over big time no matter what as they have AoE even if they miss, if SP tries to block them Jotaro gets electrocuted, and if Jotaro gets hit directly he'll be on the ground in spasms.

Hazel is one of the more intelligent fighters, he's not dumb enough to just jump into a lake for no reason nor is he dumb enough to try to punch and swim at the same time. Jotaro jumping into a lake gets him electrocuted big time, as does him using something metal like a car or lamppost if Hazel doesnt just do what he did to Nora and use it as a lever to fling Star Platinum. Also how deep do you think the Central Park Lake is near the shoreline? It doesnt get deep enough that he wouldnt be able to touch the bottom (The guy is literally 8 feet tall) for quite a distance.

>Why is it that your jojo arguments always end up with the jojo character running away to get prep time? If he tries to run away Hazel shoots him with electricity dust blasts which screws him over big time no matter what as they have AoE even if they miss, if SP tries to block them Jotaro gets electrocuted, and if Jotaro gets hit directly he'll be on the ground in spasms.

Because that's what most of them do? I think there's an instance for every JoJo running away to get more time to think. 99% of fights in the series is a thinking match more than actual fighting.

I don't see that he can shoot people with electricity on his profile, only fire, which isn't enough of a threat against any sizeable piece of earth or object that Star Platinum can grab and deflect it with. Same with electricity too. Your argument assumes that Star Platinum will fail his duty of self-preservation.

>Hazel is one of the more intelligent fighters, he's not dumb enough to just jump into a lake for no reason nor is he dumb enough to try to punch and swim at the same time. Jotaro jumping into a lake gets him electrocuted big time, as does him using something metal like a car or lamppost if Hazel doesnt just do what he did to Nora and use it as a lever to fling Star Platinum. Also how deep do you think the Central Park Lake is near the shoreline? It doesnt get deep enough that he wouldnt be able to touch the bottom (The guy is literally 8 feet tall) for quite a distance.

I never said Jotaro jumps into a lake, I said he attempts to jump into a lake. Hazel who is in quick pursit behind him realizes that it may be beneficial for him to jump in after Jotaro, as his electricity will surely fry the entire lake. He decides to jump in after him. Star Platinum greatly extends Jotaro's own range of motion and mobility; this was his plan all along. He has Star Platinum go back and grip the ledge he jumped off of, pulling himself back while Hazel is unable to do the same as he falls into the lake (which by the way, a quick google search tells me that Central Park can get as deep as 12m).

From there he's effectively sapped any mobility he once had by being in water. He's forced to swim back and try to climb out, but Star Platinum would never let him. He can grab a truck and bash Hazel with it over and over while he's swimming. He can grab any sizable object and just bash him with it, eventually draining his stamina entirely. If he does somehow manage to grab the ledge, it is in Star Platinum's best interest to quickly punch the ledge off, grab him, and toss him 100m or so back into the water. Sure Jotaro will suffer the electricity damage, but other 8-C fighters in RWBY could recover from the electricity relatively easily, and 8-B electric stands like RHCP have a hard time killing other 8-B JoJo characters (Okuyasu's brother, who should be comparable to Okuyasu .) in any significant amount of time.

>I don't see that he can shoot people with electricity on his profile, only fire

Lightning Dust: Hazel carries Lightning Dust that he can inject into himself which let him shoot bolts of electricity from his fist and electrocute anyone who touches him.

Also, second clip that i linked has him shooting projectile electricity, and i can give you a few more if you'd like.

I missed that.

Still doesn't prevent Star Platinum from grabbing a car or a table or literally anything and blocking the projectile with it.

Using a piece of metal isnt really the best way to protect yourself from electricity, and Hazel's attacks would easily destroy something as flimsy as a table.

Also yes, Central Park Lake can get up to 12 meters deep in the MIDDLE, not by the shoreline. Its a lake, its not just a single depth hole filled with water, it gradually gets deeper the further out you go.

It's a projectile though, Star Platinum throws it and diffuses the electricity with his own projectile.

Sure, but it would still diffuse the electricity. There is a lot of objects in a city enviornment to grab and throw, especially if Jotaro steers the fight somewhere like a mall.

So what exactly is stopping Jotaro from running and weaving through the trees in order to get to the city?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back