• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

(Jotaro downgrade) is Jotaro wall level physicality without his stand?

Spinoirr

He/Him
Jataro is listed as wall level despite having no calcs to back that up, at best he would be street level without any calcs

You don't need a calc to be any tier, they just default to baseline without one, even if the feat are way the **** above it evidently.

You don't go "no calc for this tier so they actually the tier below".

Also he smashed a toilet and Armor has that calced at 40kj, we using that ATM till we calc his better stuff.

I mean tbh, kicking a guy so hard he flies several meters away and completely destroying a garage door on impact sounds wall level to me-

I mean tbh, kicking a guy so hard he flies several meters away and completely destroying a garage door on impact sounds wall level to me-
It needs a calc, want to make him fight dr stone characters without him being stomped (this is him without his stand)

It needs a calc, but it doesn't mean go and downgrade his ass when the feats he has are blatantly 9-B.
I'm busy calcing and overhauling Part 6/7 atm and Jotaro is bottom of the priority so that ain't gonna be unless you wanna wait 2+ months. I can gather his feats that would be worth calcing though.

that fight wouldnt work anyway because Jotaro's a stonewall
also idk if you can restrict Star Platinum, I think we have a rule against restricting higher tier things if they can't be held back in context, so while you could restrict Josuke's CD, restricting Plat might not be allowed because it's cognizant and will act regardless of Jotaro's intentions

You don't need a calc to be any tier, they just default to baseline without one, even if the feat are way the **** above it evidently.
Tiers from 9-A to 3-B require calcs.

Also he smashed a toilet and Armor has that calced at 40kj, we using that ATM till we calc his better stuff.
The iron gate is easily 9-B, even if you use only yield strength and chest depth for displacement.

Well, Jotaro is obviously 9-B but did someone calculated this already? I've seen this kind of thingsgetting over 100kj values

You will need to find the roller door's volume via its mass.

For that you will need to find its area in square meters. Roller doors are 12 kg per square meter. Can't find the volume the usual way of using thickness here, doors are hollow by default and have insulation in them from the get-go.

So yeah, measure the gate's height and width, get the area in m^2, multiply it with 12 kg, and divide the resulting mass with the density of galvanized steel (7.8 g/cc or 7800 kg/m^3), as that's what most roller doors are made of.

Once you find the volume, just convert it to cm^3 and multiply it with yield strength of galvanized steel (470-550 MPa).

You will need to find the roller door's volume via its mass.

For that you will need to find its area in square meters. Roller doors are 12 kg per square meter. Can't find the volume the usual way of using thickness here, doors are hollow by default and have insulation in them from the get-go.

So yeah, measure the gate's height and width, get the area in m^2, multiply it with 12 kg, and divide the resulting mass with the density of galvanized steel (7.8 g/cc or 7800 kg/m^3), as that's what most roller doors are made of.

Once you find the volume, just convert it to cm^3 and multiply it with yield strength of galvanized steel (470-550 MPa).
New calc method learned...!

Side note, I did a rough calc, so take what I say with a grain of salt, but got a result that netted me 12780542.5 joules, or 12.78 MJ (9-B). Might have done something wrong, tho. So again, take this with a grain of salt.

Side note, I did a rough calc, so take what I say with a grain of salt, but got a result that netted me 12780542.5 joules, or 12.78 MJ (9-B). Might have done something wrong, tho. So again, take this with a grain of salt.
damn, thats pretty good, slightly over 9-B+ right?

I will do so later tonight and blog it.

You definitely screwed up somewhere.

I used the door in the scan and used it to measure the destroyed portion of the gate (As the door is directly beside the gate and it is quite tall, using the fire hydrant simply wouldn't give accurate results), I got the metal gate's destroyed portion to be 1.87325 meters tall and 1.412875 meters wide, giving me an area of 2.64666809375 m^2. 12 * 2.64666809375 gives me 31.76 kg. Density of galvanized steel being 7800 kg/m^3, and volume being mass/density, we get...

31.76/7800 = 0.00407179487 m^3 or 4071.79487 cm^3

Yield strength of galvanized steel being 470-550 MPa, 510 MPa being the mean, we get: 4071.79487 * 510 = 2,076,615.3837 J or 0.00049632298 tons of TNT (9-B, Wall level)

You definitely screwed up somewhere.

I used the door in the scan and used it to measure the destroyed portion of the gate (As the door is directly beside the gate and it is quite tall, using the fire hydrant simply wouldn't give accurate results), I got the metal gate's destroyed portion to be 1.87325 meters tall and 1.412875 meters wide, giving me an area of 2.64666809375 m^2. 12 * 2.64666809375 gives me 31.76 kg. Density of galvanized steel being 7800 kg/m^3, and volume being mass/density, we get...

31.76/7800 = 0.00407179487 m^3 or 4071.79487 cm^3

Yield strength of galvanized steel being 470-550 MPa, 510 MPa being the mean, we get: 4071.79487 * 510 = 2,076,615.3837 J or 0.00049632298 tons of TNT (9-B, Wall level)
Should probably put that into a blog

Even with this potential upgrade, Jotaro's MFTL Reactions, which won't really be affected by speed equal due to SE rules, will still make any match with Jojos a pain in the behind.

Back