• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Joker tosses a gas and calls it a day

In character, pretty much impossible to avoid, and Joker isn't stupid enough TK bf touched anyway

I'm thinking there is some potential bias going on here.

• People seem to be under the notion that Kira himself needs to touch his target to turn it into a bomb, he only did that to things extremely close to him and otherwise his Stand does it, which as we know can get 2 meters away from him and doesn't breathe.
  • It's funny how any Stand would always be said to reflect bullets in any vsthread with speed equalized yet gas is just too much here. It's not, the degree of attack speed Stands like KQ have next to their users would allow them to disperse the gas or just go "tangible" between it and its user (like SP avoiding a bite from that vampire by letting it bite its arm, but in a way that protects the mouth from gas). As a reminder, Kira reacted to a barrage of punches by Echos Act 3 and casually blocked all of them.
  • But even if that wasn't enough, (as KQ can turn air bubbles into bombs, which iirc was portrayed as him being able to turn air into it,) KQ can just blow up the gas, leaving Kira unharmed by that and harming the Joker in the process.
    • I could even argue that if Kira inhales the Joker venom KQ could get ride of the disease it gives if it previously touched part of the gas, which is far easier.
  • The Joker venom isn't always the way you may think of it, it can also be a prick on something Joker has in his hand, similar to what Kira does but worst.
  • But all of the above just magically assumes the battle would start at close range, which is nonsensical. Joker would most likely
    • Use a gun (or cards?) as they have more range.
    • Think that Kira is the type of person that would have a gun with him and counter that with using his own guns, likely in a quickdraw.
    • Aim for a brutal surprise attack, which if happens it would make little sense for Joker to use hisvenom.
    • If Joker does the first 2, Kira uses SHA, if Joker does the last one then Kira has no need to find him due to having SHA. And Joker can't deal with that toy.
So yeah, the Joker's beyond f*cked here.

Schnee One said:
In character, pretty much impossible to avoid, and Joker isn't stupid enough TK bf touched anyway
Im assuming you meant stupid enough to get touched, but how's he gonna avoid getting touched by something he cant feel nor even see? Hell he doesnt even need to get touched, touching anything that was already touched is enough to transfer a charge, in which Kira often has coins on him to do exactly that. In a situation where he cant get into cqc with his Stand.

>KQ can turn air bubbles into bombs, which iirc was portrayed as him being able to turn air into it

It was, not only that but KQ transmutating it was able to stabilize it and prevent popping and dispersal of thebubble. KQ turning the gas into a bomb may even outright prevent it from dispersing in general and thus, extremely difficult to inhale.

I don't really remember that but it makes perfect sense in context. As for the comment before that I just assumed Joker could see Stands because comics.

X13 (6)o
Image for a bit of context.
His profile doesnt list anything that would imply he could see stands, or even ghosts or anything akin to that.

Kira can just send SHA to Joker and run away from Battlefield while SHA is doing the job for him. Joker can't even see the damn thing. Or depending on the starting distance KQ can just explode Joker right away. Again, Joker can't even see or sense it in any way according to his profile

Aren't the air bullets because of Stray Cat? If so, then Kira can't use them here because Stray Cat isn't available to him.

Due to the rules outlined here, Joker knows about Stands and due to SBA, "The characters start as far away from each other as the highest range of the fighters is". The range for Joker oddly seems to be Standard Melee Range, while Kira's minimum in Extended Melee Range with Killer Queen (meaning the starting range is oddly Standard Melee Range).

As stated above, Joker starts with Laughing Gas. Kira, seeing his opponent being a crazy clown with knives and gas, would definetly go for instant-kill, which would probably be his First Bomb (someone correct me if I'm wrong). Since speed is equalized, it's likely that Joker sprays the laughing gas while Killer Queen touches him and turns him into a bomb. However, Kira or Killer Queen need to make a second action to detonate Joker, and by then the laughing gas will have kicked in and eventually kill him.

Additionally, air bubbles (which are excluded due to rules) are solid due to the bubble itself, the gas, and by extension air, by itself is not solid, meaning Killer Queen cannot disperse the laughing gas.

I will wait until more statements come up to vote, but I'm leaning more towards Joker.

Stray Cat is for giving a direction to the weaponized air. KQ is perfectly capable of exploding the gas, although he cannot use air offensively as a projectile.

Okay then. Let's say Killer Queen can turn the gas into a bomb, but the question would be if he would turn the gas into a bomb and detonate it that close to him. So, right now I can see either one of three scenarios play out.

1: Joker uses Laughing Gas while Killer Queen turns Joker into a bomb. As I described above, Kira would die of the gas' effects before he can kill the Joker, as bomb planting and detonating requires two actions to do so while the Laughing Gas is simply one action.

2: Joker uses Laughing Gas, and Killer Queen catches/touches it and turns it into a bomb but doesn't blow it up. Since Killer Queen has taken an action to defend, The Joker gets opening and uses a Joybuzzer. While it is shown visibly affecting Batman, Kira himself is 5 tiers lower than Batman, so the Joybuzzer will likely kill him very quickly.

3: (The most unlikely option, in my opinion (correct me if I'm wrong)) Joker uses Laughing Gas, Killer Queen catches/touches it, turns it into a bomb and detonates it. Both fighters get injured since they are both withing blast radius, but Joker "Has an uncanny ability to cheat death". This is linked to Probability Manipulation, so it's highly likely Joker survives with injuries. Kira likely gets more injured than Joker due to having no such abilities that can alter probability or luck. From there, both are back to square one with their respective injuries.

>Joker uses Laughing Gas while Killer Queen turns Joker into a bomb. As I described above, Kira would die of the gas' effects before he can kill the Joker, as bomb planting and detonating requires two actions to do so while the Laughing Gas is simply one action.

No he wouldnt? Ignoring the starting range, dude just holds his breathe and KQ vaporizes the gas. And two actions? All KQ has to do is hold his hand out, dude doesnt even have to press the switch given the numerous amount of times that he showed the ability to blow shit up without doint that motion.

>2: Joker uses Laughing Gas, and Killer Queen catches/touches it and turns it into a bomb but doesn't blow it up. Since Killer Queen has taken an action to defend, The Joker gets opening and uses a Joybuzzer. While it is shown visibly affecting Batman, Kira himself is 5 tiers lower than Batman, so the Joybuzzer will likely kill him very quickly.

Or Killer Queen uses his other free hand to punch Joker in the face or his surperior lifting strength to simply restrain him temporily,given the joybuzzer has to be used literally on contact, of which would be within KQ's effective range. It doesnt matter if it'd effect KQ if it's never gonna get the chance to.

Now you do realize KQ can control the size and potency of the explosion right? He can completly get rid of the gas without making a huge ass explosion. Kira has shown the ability to erase objects without even making an explosion, they simply vaporize on contact, see the hand that he had literally in his pocket when Hayato was spying on him of which he turned into dust. The issue with Josuke was that in orderb to hurt Josuke with an non-direct explosion it'd have to be large enough to where he'd get hurt as well.

You're also under the assumption that KQ has to detonate, when realy pressing the trigger is just a visual effect much like The World or DIO saying Za Warudo, it isnt needed even if he does it half the time (given the other half he doesnt).

The bubbles are due to Stray Cat but it seems you mised the point entirely, Killer Queen has the power to completely stabilize the air that Stray Cat makes, what's that mean? It means KQ can stabilize the gas that Joker utilizes as well, making it extremely difficult to disperse, inhale or destroy, meaning Kira honestly doesnt gotta pay heed to it.

On top of that you seem to think that KQ and Kira cant move seperately, literally nothing is stopping Kira from dodging while KQ does whatever it is that he's doing. Hell Kira can do three things at once even, he can summon SHA (which is actually in character for him, the only reason he stopped doing it in the source material is because Josuke counters it, even the narration noted that's why), you word things like those are the only possible scenarios when literally all Kira has to do is touch Joker or touch the gas and he basically wins as he aint gonna be able to enter cqc in time before Killer Queen is back and ready. SHA is summoned at a thought as well so there's zero physical action needed for that. Joybuzzer needs Joker to be within literally cqc of Kira, which is basically an autolose.

And starting range is around 7ft (SHA has infinite range though).

Sergeant Hypocrite lacked so much text comprehension and vision that it would take me a while to argue against everything he said, so I'm just going to say he's unreliable.

Hol up, Joker doesnt even have probability manip on his profile for cheating death.

And if he did, cheating death is usually just fancy wording, otherwise characters like Ridley would have it several times over.

Edit: >Joker knows about Stands and due to SBA

That's literally all he knows though, he doesnt know what KQ can do, it's various abilities, how it can interact with things and even knowing about it doesnt help because he wont even know when it's summoned or not or where it is while summoned.

Kira has 7 votes atm I think fyi, if we count Efi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back