• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chariot190

Day 132 of working on MGS
VS Battles
Calculation Group
Bronze Supporter
Given my first attempt to post was met with it saying it didnt exist (like the wiki saying this page didnt exist), this second draft is gonna be kinda short but to get to the point, most Stand Users should have Enhanced Senses/Extrasensory Perception due to being able to see ghosts, souls, supernatural forces, Stands and things that are generally invisible due to the supernatural aspect. If I recall it's due to using one's heart's eye and being spiritually attuned to that type of thing.

It's Extrasensory Perception, and if we make a change to this many profiles we may as well add all the other things they miss; Summoning (of their Stand), Afterimage Creation (only for the ones that can punch a lot in this fashion), Flight (..for the ones that can fly), 2 sets of intelligence (one for the Stand when that's the case and point out how they can do stuff on their own) and a pointless Aura.

tbh this actually is kinda relevant though. And as for flight, we already had a thread on that giving the ok by an admin.

Afterimage creation idk, technically even a normal human can do that, something like armorless Chariot though should, and does, have it though.

Also >pointless aura.

Giorno funnily enough does have that, which I kinda agree on that seems pointless. It's only visual.

There have been many times (notably against Pucci) that a Stand has attacked a target, missed and it just kept throwing attacks. Or times where all the multiple attacks were shown before hitting the target, which could later do something about it or not. It seem clear to me that it is Afterimage Creation via something that has more speed than thier normal movements.

Well, Pucci definitely has afterimage creation, given it's actually drawn like that a few times iirc where a character like Emporio attacks but then instead of Pucci it's a blurry image of him and he's already gone.

Well, you're not wrong, it's obviouly a speed thing (in fact that's why Chariot can do it as well). Not the point of this thread tho although I dont mind discussing it.

Oh, given everyone agreed to and an admin said ok (I think two did actually), I'll slap it on there later if nobody ele does.

So, is that an ok to add Extrasensory Perception?

Extrasensory Perception (Capable of seeing ghosts, souls and Stands among other supernatural forces that are normally invisible)

Is how I was gonna word it.

Considering they have no feats of being able to see supernatural powers outside of stands/souls/ghosts I am unsure if it should mention 'other supernatural forces'

The alleyway is a supernatural phenomen that isnt the aforementioned (of which can not be seen by normal civilians, that's explicitly noted), also revenents (technically what Reimi is, she aint a ghost, she's a bit different) and some weird shit in the rohan manga like mountain deities.

Oh shit nvm then carrot69 is right. Although are the Rohan mangas even cannon? Ive never read them so idk. And wtf is a mountain diety lol, Bigfoot?

It's why I said among other supernatural forces, instead of just simply other supernatual forces.

The former implies there's a set list of others that doesnt include everything and the ones mentioned are apart of said list, while the latter implies everything supernatural. One word makes a big difference. And listing off every single supernatural thing Stand Users could see is a bit to much, listing off 3 main examples and then adding among others gets the point across, in that there's more things included but that doesnt mean every supernatual thing.

The Rohan oneshots are indeed canon, they just happen at a later time. We usually get one a year from Araki on his monthly break from JoJolion.

Chariot190 said:
So, is that an ok to add Extrasensory Perception?
Extrasensory Perception (Capable of seeing ghosts, souls and Stands among other supernatural forces that are normally invisible)
I would put it as "ghosts/souls", and the last part would indicate that there is even more things they can see. Aside from those minor things this is good to go.

> mountain diety

If I recall, no, like a non-physical mountain god. Like a force of nature.

tbh there's probably a somewhat large handful of random shit stand users can see that normal civilians cant other then just stands and souls. I'd have to skim through the manga though but there's lots of random supernatural things in jojo, like those weird ghost eaters that tried to eat Deadman Kira.

Does JoJolion get better at all? I'm reading the colored version and on around chapter 65 but I haven't kept up with it for a while, mostly because the Rokaka Jesus magic fruit storyline isn't really too interesting for me, I liked it better when the main storyline was trying to figure out Gappy's identity and his clumsy interactions with society. Maybe i just left it off on a dry spot but the fights bore me a little too

>Capable of seeing ghosts and souls among other supernatural forces that are normally invisible.

Like that?

>Does JoJolion get better at all? I'm reading the colored version and on around chapter 65 but I haven't kept up with it for a while, mostly because the Rokaka Jesus magic fruit storyline isn't really too interesting for me, I liked it better when the main storyline was trying to figure out Gappy's identity and his clumsy interactions with society. Maybe i just left it off on a dry spot but the fights bore me a little too

i like it, and it's definitely been picking up, specially the last handful of chapters but not gonna lie, it aint Part 7 that's for sure. And I felt like you did at one point but as said, I've liked how things have began unfolding and picking up. There aint really any fights though, there's definitely some super cool moments like Soft & Wet using a shovel, SHA getting gimped or the newest black stand.

I guess that's kind of my issue with the part,

There are no straight fights.

I like Gappy he's a good JoJo, not as mediocre as Giorno or part 3 Jotaro but he's not that good to carry the part for me.

I get that JoJo isn't all about intense FotNS ass beatings, I like that, and it's moreso about the technical and interesting usage of ones hax and abilities in a battle which is why the escalation wasn't a problem ever. But I feel like at a certain point making your characters abilities so specific and unconventional that you could hardly call it a fight hurts the story IMO. The snow motorcycle stand was so weird.

Ya see, I get you, I really do but the last few things have been more like puzzles then fights, and it's been actually kinda cool. The Black Stand, which I'm gonna refer to as Black Hole Sun because that better be its ******* name, seems like a true puzzle, kinda like initial D4C in how the cast was like wtf is going on what do we do.

And Paisley Park has been getting more usage too. Honestly Soft & Wet seems to be getting the short end of the stick, even though like every chapter we've gotten a super cool panel shot of it and Josuke.

Given I think (?) Efi already gave it the ok, whever anybody decides to do it although I'm just waiting to see if the updated version is fine.

>Capable of seeing ghosts and souls among other supernatural forces that are normally invisible.

If that's fine, I'll begn updating.

Bump.

On second thought

into

>Capable of seeing ghosts and souls among other supernatural forces that are otherwise invisible.

Sounds a bit better, anyway is everyone fine with that wording?

@Eficiente

So what are the conclusions here?

This is good but I would change a few things in the wording

Eficiente said:
I would put it as "ghosts/souls"
Ghosts and souls are practically synonyms, and "among other supernatural forces that are otherwise invisible" is pretty vague. As we are changing a lot of profiles it would also be good to add evidence of the claim that we are giving.

Eh, you're right in that they are kida the same in general but in JoJo souls and ghosts arent the same thing, just similiar, but they are inherently different. I could put revenants instead of ghosts though.

Yeah it is kinda vague, which is why I changed it to "among some other supernatural forces that are otherwise invisible" With the some dictating there's more than that, but it doesnt encompass every supernatural thing, because there is other things other then ghosts that stand users can see, but it's kinda limited.

I can get examples yeah, ******** is back up so I can go gather some scans and make imgur albums.

Why would he close it? Closing it before things get added seems like a bad idea, it's best to close after it's all done.

Enhanced Senses, if you're asking for a link, there you go.

Anyway, I'll start the addition of the proposed changes to those applicable when I wake up.

Well I'm adding the additions but quick question, should I give the stands extrasensory perception as well (for the stands that it applies toward, shit like Superfly obviously arent gonna get it) or is that redunant? Due to the fact they're seperate entities technically and some Stands can retaliate against other stands without the user even being aware. Examples being Weather, Star Platinum, GER, Sex Pistols, F.F, Tusk Act 4, Echo, etc. Ergo they can obviously see Stands and the like.

it'd avoid any possible confusion in the case someone thinks only the user has the perception when really both the Stand (in most cases) and the user can see spiritual forces.

I mean you'd be right, it seems extremely obvious but ya never know, I've seen some users disregard blatant abilities either due to misinformation, confusion or simply not knowing better due to not knowing the verse that well (off the top of my head is Tower of Gray and not knowing it can fly) so it's probably best to simply list it for the Stands that have it, especially the sentient Stands.

As for that, I've been adding the usual Stand properties to the profiles that should but dont have em for some reason (probably because looking at em, they havent been updated in years), such as Harvest, who had nothing listed at all or Enigma who didnt have the Stand properties listed as well.

Back