• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry if I came off aggressive in this discussion. JJK stuff is incredibly annoying for me. Can get more cgm to comment on it. Don't have to scrap, I was joking lmao
Nah, you didn't. Don't worry about it. I know how ya feel, lol. Couldn't tell that was a joke tho. So my mistake.

Did King Tempest leave a message or smth? I got a notif from them, but it disappeared

I ain't never calc this shit a day in my life

I don't calc JJK AP feats cause of the art
If you can calculate OP art feats you should be able to calculate JJk.
joe-jedlowski-joseph-jedlowski.gif

why we assuming Mahito, his main teammate, the guy who has low-high to low godly regen would be effected by being vaporized? Dagon's ass died, and he doesn't care about the humans, Kenjaku was underground so unless we assuming the destruction would reach several meters then your argument isn't making sense.
eh depends how you view the soul in JJK
since that thing can also be one with the body per kenny statement after the gojo sealing meaning that if mahitos body gets vaporized he can no longer keep the shape of his soul meaning he dies

plus not everyone knows exactly how mahitos CT works hell even he just recently figured out how it functions much less Jogo so being on the safe side of things and not outright turning his dear leader into dust is probably a safe bet here

Oh and there is also the whole CE angle of things cuse if mahito runs out of CE he can no longer use his CT meaning no high-mid or low-high regen for him

I say we just go with 8-A chojuro calc or whatever is 8-A and end this shit.
The only issue I can see is how we'd scale base Nanami and Overtime Nanami. Previously, we scaled Shibuya Arc Yuji to Overtime Nanami and then scaled Shibuya Mahito to Yuji, if we use Chojuro's calc and used the justification that both are similar Grade sorcerers then you can make the argument that 80% Nanami scales on the basis that Chojuro is a Semi-Grade 1 sorcerer (the only confirmed Special Grade 1s in the Zenin clan were Naobito, Naoya, Ogi and Jinichi)

Done.
8.01e17 J… dunno if that’s Low 7-B or 7-B.
You calc'd the volume of the ground vaporized wrong.

You did πx14000²x41.45 = 1,823,066.22

When even 14000^2 alone =196,000,000

25,522,927,036.3 is the value you should've got. You just accidentally didn't account for squaring the radius.

I'm not sure of this, but does the vaporization formula on the heating page yield better results than what's used on the calculation page?

Last edited:
I dunno if King Tempest still agrees with Inverse Square law applying to the fire arrow since it's just Sukuna incinerating stuff within a cylinder-esqe area. But if so, we can get the AP of the arrow with inverse square law too. The furthest thing it can destroy is concrete 1 meter outside the radius. So I'll just give a quick calc here to see what it yields.

Volume of the hollow cylinder = 363335595.34 cm^3

363335595.34*25700 = 9.3377248e+12 Joules

2*𝜋*r138^2*9.3377248e+12 = 1.117324e+18 Joules | 267.047 Megatons

This is ofc if we deem Inverse square law to be applicable in this scenario.

You calc'd the volume of the ground vaporized wrong.

You did πx14000²x41.45 = 1,823,066.22

When even 14000^2 alone =196,000,000

25,522,927,036.3 is the value you should've got. You just accidentally didn't account for squaring the radius.

I'm not sure of this, but does the vaporization formula on the heating page yield better results than what's used on the calculation page?

Oh my bad, must’ve messed up inputting it into the calculator.

link the heating page.. first I’ve heard of it

Oh my bad, must’ve messed up inputting it into the calculator.
Must've been. I dunno what calculator you used, but I know google doesn't read the smaller font as ^ unless you explicitly type it out. Noticed after I copied and pasted it from the blog into the search engine.

I used google actually. I just remembered.

link the heating page, I probably haven’t seen it before

Inverse Square Law is more used for tanking explosions than it is for actually calculating them. That's probably what KT meant when bring it up since using it for explosions will lead to big results which can greatly exaggerate ratings.

We should probably stick with the Low 7-B fire arrow calc for now, and use that for scaling characters.

Inverse Square Law is more used for tanking explosions than it is for actually calculating them. That's probably what KT meant when bring it up since using it for explosions will lead to big results which can greatly exaggerate ratings.

We should probably stick with the Low 7-B fire arrow calc for now, and use that for scaling characters.
The inverse square law pages outright say you can use it for explosions tho... and this isn't an explosion. It's a area coated in fire. And if it "exaggerates" the results, I feel it should just be deemed an outlier. Tho I don't think 267 Megatons is even that exaggerated. It falls in a reasonable range. It would also be pretty hypocritical to apply Inverse Square law to tanking it but not to how it correlates to AP.
I used google actually. I just remembered.

link the heating page, I probably haven’t seen it before
Yeah, lemme go find it rq

The inverse square law pages outright say you can use it for explosions tho... and this isn't an explosion. It's a area coated in fire. And if it "exaggerates" the results, I feel it should just be deemed an outlier. Tho I don't think 267 Megatons is even that exaggerated. It falls in a reasonable range. It would also be pretty hypocritical to apply Inverse Square law to tanking it but not to how it correlates to AP.

Yeah, lemme go find it rq
I know what the page says, but it practice there's generally a preference for other methods to be used. Generally, it's considerd okay for finding someone's durability but for attack potency something like the destruction actually done will normally take precedence. If our calc members are fine with ISL and other moderators don't take issue with trying to use it for scaling, it could get by. But I do expect some form of pushback to come with attempting to use it in this instance

I know what the page says, but it practice there's generally a preference for other methods to be used. Generally, it's considerd okay for finding someone's durability but for attack potency something like the destruction actually done will normally take precedence. If our calc members are fine with ISL and other moderators don't take issue with trying to use it for scaling, it could get by. But I do expect some form of pushback to come with attempting to use it in this instance
Feel in any instance where inverse can be used to find durability, it can be used to find ap. Otherwise it comes off as trying to lowball the feat to the lowest extent possible. If the result is a huge outlier? Sure, use another method. But it seems pretty alright in this case. Not like its Country level or something. And it's not even drastically off from the original method of calving it which is also in the megaton range. This doesn't feel like low balling to be safe, it seems like low balling out of spite (not from you in particular. But in a general sense). Low balling for the sake of low balling is a bad practice.

Mountain level is still really high for the verse, and some of ya are tryna scale high tiers to it, these characters can't show a feat beyond town level without using their best techs. Really hope ya don't go scale physicals to this besides the God Tiers.

Mountain level is still really high for the verse, and some of ya are tryna scale high tiers to it, these characters can't show a feat beyond town level without using their best techs. Really hope ya don't go scale physicals to this besides the God Tiers.
Eh, there's other feats that can get them around that level depending on the method you use. There's Kenjaku's feat of surviving the gravity of a black hole which IIRC was in Mountain level range. Depending on the magnitude used for Jogo's Maximum Meteor you can get Tier 6, etc.

Not to say I agree with those just to clarify.

Jogo can reach Small City level with Maximum Meteor, and Sukuna could've survived it. Would make sense that Sukuna instantly finished off someone comparable to him with the fire arrow (Though they were weakened). It seems reasonable for it to be in the Mountain level range. Keep in mind, others don't need to scale directly to the value. But at least to a tenth of the value since they fight him later on at 10% of his power. At least I heard they did. They did fight him in Fushiguro's body at 10%, right? 10% of the value I calc'd is 26.7047 Megatons. Which is just City level. Which seems fair for high tiers.

More so lack of heat resistance. So Sukuna slaughtered it before he gained heat resistance via adaptation.
Mm, yeah, maybe. Though its wheel survived without so much as a singe on it. But still gets the point across. A move Sukuna uses to finish off people on his level should be > Jogo's maximum meteor that would've caused damage to Sukuna which was calc'd at both Small City level and City level+.

Eh, there's other feats that can get them around that level depending on the method you use. There's Kenjaku's feat of surviving the gravity of a black hole which IIRC was in Mountain level range. Depending on the magnitude used for Jogo's Maximum Meteor you can get Tier 6, etc.

Not to say I agree with those just to clarify.

Jogo can reach Small City level with Maximum Meteor, and Sukuna could've survived it. Would make sense that Sukuna instantly finished off someone comparable to him with the fire arrow (Though they were weakened). It seems reasonable for it to be in the Mountain level range. Keep in mind, others don't need to scale directly to the value. But at least to a tenth of the value since they fight him later on at 10% of his power. At least I heard they did. They did fight him in Fushiguro's body at 10%, right? 10% of the value I calc'd is 26.7047 Megatons. Which is just City level. Which seems fair for high tiers.
But for physicals I don't agree. Kenjaku's thing is the main thing for physical scaling since it's just his durability and then only Yuki scales for now. And they don't really hurt Sukuna in their fight so that isn't very useful either.

But for physicals I don't agree. Kenjaku's thing is the main thing for physical scaling since it's just his durability and then only Yuki scales for now. And they don't really hurt Sukuna in their fight so that isn't very useful either.
Cursed Energy is an energy system. Sukuna would scale to the use of his fire arrow given its not a domain or maximum technique and only used it when Mahoraga was weak (and survived it from pretty damn close).

Don't they survive attacks from him in their fight even tho he's at 10%? People earlier seemed to be fine with scaling Maki and Itadori to 10% of his power on account of that (which seems fair given Itadori believed Yuta could take on 15 finger Sukuna based on what he saw).

Cursed Energy is an energy system. Sukuna would scale to the use of his fire arrow given its not a domain or maximum technique and only used it when Mahoraga was weak (and survived it from pretty damn close).
You aren't saying anything with this. Ik its a system, and techs within the system tend to show higher feats unless shown otherwise. This tech absolutely destroyed Maho yet Sukuna's punches and even dismantle and cleave couldn't do similar damage, there's no sense in that.

Don't they survive attacks from him in their fight even tho he's at 10%? People earlier seemed to be fine with scaling Maki and Itadori to 10% of his power on account of that (which seems fair given Itadori believed Yuta could take on 15 finger Sukuna based on what he saw).
I am inclined to scale them to his physicals. And we discussed Yuta ~ 15f Sukuna and how absurd it even is. Did we come to a conclusion? I forget since this thread shifted back to calc arguments.

Choso hurt Kenjaku as well so we have a chain from him into most other high tiers at the moment since Choso himself is on the level of Grade 1 Sorcerer. And while Sukuna in Megumi's body didn't take too much damage, Yuji could still bruise him as seen when he lands his punch and both him and Maki can straight up tank hits from him without cursed technique so there is scaling there.

You aren't saying anything with this. Ik its a system, and techs within the system tend to show higher feats unless shown otherwise. This tech absolutely destroyed Maho yet Sukuna's punches and even dismantle and cleave couldn't do similar damage, there's no sense in that.
Ryu is actually a clear case of why what you're saying is only partially correct. He's the only sorcerer able to maintain the same amount of output without use of his cursed techinque, however he also is the sorcerer with the highest output ever recorded. But even so, as long as there is a UES techinque vs normal stats will still generally be considered comparable so scaling base AP off of these techinques is fair. Especially in the case of someone like Sukuna who probably benefits from the real world principle of cutting/smashing where due to surface area of effect while both will have the same amount of strength, cutting will deal more damage cause its far more focused than smashing would be. Simply put, we can scale the rest of these characters stats off of things they do with the cursed techinques: bar maximum techinques and potentially maximum outputs (but there's some room for leeway here)
I am inclined to scale them to his physicals. And we discussed Yuta ~ 15f Sukuna and how absurd it even is. Did we come to a conclusion? I forget since this thread shifted back to calc arguments.
And again, we have plenty of reason to be able to scale the likes of many of these culling game sorcerer's to or above 15F Sukuna from Shibuya. It's not something to be completely dismissed.

Mm, yeah, maybe. Though its wheel survived without so much as a singe on it. But still gets the point across. A move Sukuna uses to finish off people on his level should be > Jogo's maximum meteor that would've caused damage to Sukuna which was calc'd at both Small City level and City level+.

Sukuna also had to limit the AOE and direct the blast upwards to avoid the attack hitting Megumi. So the attack is probably far stronger than what we can calc.

They show higher feats because they typically have higher AoE, lol. The same energy they manifest for techniques they can manifest for physical strength and endurance. Way to ignore Sukuna only finishing off Mahoraga after ******* him up with domain expansion. Of course it finished off a weakened Mahoraga when even Sukuna's cleave could affect him before he adapted. Not to mention Sukuna who wasn't even far off tanked it.

I don't think a conclusion was reached. I think there was some who agreed and disagreed. My point was though that if Itadori believed Yuta had any chance against Sukuna based in what he himself observed, then him being in the 10% range makes sense (as I'm under the impression Yuta is comparable to Yuji and Maki currently from what I've heard).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back