• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jiren (Dragon Ball) vs Lightning (Final Fantasy XIII)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems like most of the votes are in favor of Jiren. Are there enough to have him declared the winner?

Jiren: 10, possibly 12 (Warren Valio, Calaca Vs, Mickey1940, CryoTheMayo, Ionliosite, DragonEmperor23, The 2nd Existential Seed, Hst master, Schnee One, Minghaoly god, [Litentric Teo, The Causality]) - The last two people made mentions of Jiren's power advantage, but I am uncertain if it counted as a vote.

Lightning: 0, possibly 1 [Orion'sBow] - However, the only person who voted for Lightning voted for reasons and abilities that aren't listed on Lightning's page and then gloated over the character's victory - so I am uncertain if it should count at all.

Inconclusive: 0

Wait

Actually isn't this a massive AP stomp for Jiren?

It does Lightning have Hax that's actually on her page?

Schnee One said:
Actually isn't this a massive AP stomp for Jiren?
I think it is. Jiren's got enough AP to just take her out with just about anything he does, really. In addition, he resists her time based abilities, removing or at the very least, dulling one of her most potent abilities.

While it's true she can resurrect, she can't do it forever AFAIK. She has a limited pool of energy to use for her various abilities.

The only way I see Lightning winning is if she got all are various Status Inducements on Jiren and chip away at him but given the disparity in their level of power, that would take forever. That's also assuming that Jiren is incapable of fighting back at all.

Jiren can just keep one shotting until she stays down.

At this point, who stomps who is irrelevant. It's not a good matchup.

Though, if there is anything to take from this, it's that given what we've concluded here, Lightning's win against Goku may have to go...

Lightning Farron > Beat Goku

I don't even get the Lightning vs Goku fight. Like, apparently she's a debuff spammer now that can overwhelm a Speed Equalized Ultra Instinct Goku, effectively giving him the Speed Advantage? And Goku, when faced with an AoE attack, wouldn't use Instant Transmission for... some reason?

The reasons why Goku wouldn't use Instant Transmission in that thread is... "He always uses it to get into CQC"... What? How does "Distance Closing" = "Flee from massive, undodgeable attack"

Looking at that thread, they even make the assumption that UIO will eventually have no time limit, but we know that it does.

So, and tell me if I'm not being reasonable here, but basically based on that thread and what we've seen here:

Lightning has options that counter Goku's benefits for UIO, has more versatility, better range game, can heal herself, she can ressurect even if she's killed, can match him in CQC and she's got Soul Manip that Goku can't counter. Goku is also expressely on a time limit and is deadmeat once it's up. They even made the match win by KO because it was doubted Goku could actually kill her.

Is it just me or is that all sounding a tad onesided?

TheC2 said:

Though, if there is anything to take from this, it's that given what we've concluded here, Lightning's win against Goku may have to go...
TBF That was UI1 Goku, who is much weaker then the Jiren used here

Schnee One said:
TheC2 said:

TBF That was UI1 Goku, who is much weaker then the Jiren used here
Agreed. Jiren could one-shot her just as easily as she could one-shot him as well. Although it's far more likely that Jiren starts out with any attack than Lightning starts out with soul rip.

The problem is her immortality. Unless Jiren can get around that, I don't see him putting her down for good, unless a "win" here is either KO or 1 death

But a problem for Lightning is how souls work in Dragon Ball. If i remember correctly souls in Dragon Ball have their own bodies, and they don't have to be granted by King Yemma to exist in said body. If Lightning rips out his soul, Jiren's soul still has all of the aspects of his original body, if not better stamina due to his status of being "dead". Essentially he would become Jiren (Angel). But if Lightning can take his soul down afterward (which she can't since doesn't have the AP to do so),

So for now, unless the whole "DBZ Souls" thing is cleared up for me, I'm going to vote incon, cause neither can permanently put down the other

Power in Dragon Ball come from soul and spirit. It is inherently tied to the fighter's spirit and will.

This is why Jiren was weakened during the final moments in ToP and was defeated by Frieza.

We know Destruction Energy destroys soul and can saw how Ssjbe Vegeta resisted it. You can't be a God stronger than his Hakaishin and not be able to resist soul destruction.

Also remember Jiren's master can't be revived because his soul was destroyed by a demon. Soul destruction isn't very special since these characters have the power potency to destroy an entire Universe along with its afterlives containing Billions upon Billions of souls.

Jiren could quite easily glare down the soul destruction to the point where it will barely tickle his spirit.

Also if this Jiren gets his manga equipment he can just seal away Lightning into a capsule.

>Glare down universal soul destruction

He doesn't have resistance to Soul Manipulation on his profile, so who's arguing with things not on it now?

>How souls work in DBZ

Kinda irrelevant, since she transforms them.

>AP stomp

Both are the same, what are people on?

>Would that be her first move?

Lightning always starts combat with whatever is most likely to kill the opponent quickest, so at the end, yeah.

Orion'sBow said:
>Glare down universal soul destruction
He doesn't have resistance to Soul Manipulation on his profile, so who's arguing with things not on it now?

>How souls work in DBZ

Kinda irrelevant, since she transforms them.

>AP stomp

Both are the same, what are people on?

>Would that be her first move?

Lightning always starts combat with whatever is most likely to kill the opponent quickest, so at the end, yeah.
Lightning is above someone who is "easily" above baseline, and has a feat that is baseline

Jiren is dozens if not hundreds of times above baseline, if not higher

It's safe to say that Jiren AP stomps

Also, how does her soul manip even work? Tthere is absolutely no elaboration on her page, it just say "soul manip"

Haven't played Lightning Returns in a while, but isn't Light's soul hax just something to do with her role as the savior and is something she can pull off once she, for the lack of better terms, accomplishes someone's major goal, or helps them out in some way? The only time I recall her using it "offensively" and immediately is here, then again my memory's pretty hazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back