• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

High 6-A Lord of Magic Tournament (2023): Chen Qi vs Ifrit (Granblue Fantasy)

Rules:

1-Hax in general at High Hax (No need to hold back here, It's time for Hax lords to fight)

2-Equalized speed in all matches.

3-Ap should be from to 400 - 10 Extatons for AP range. Killing, K.O and BFR is allowed.
  • (There will be Stomp matches)
4-Random encounters no prior knowledge to anybody.

5-Total 10 Participants!
  • (FC/OC Characters are allowed as I was explained in the past by user Spinoirr, Who previously participated in my tournament with his FC/OC Character)
6-Fighting distance for every matchup will be 50 meters.

7- If characters are being removed due to Content Revision or any other cases, If someone else joins in place of another character I WILL NOT be doing rematches (What's done is done)

8- Location: All matches will take place in the Tournament of Power Arena

9- The winner will be declared The Lord of Magic and be given the beautiful Magic Trophy!

Lord_of_Magic.png

Combatants:
latest
VS
latest

Result
Characters:Attack Potency:Votes:
Chen Qi (Dragon Talisman):Baseline
Ifrit (Granblue Fantasy):Baseline
Inconclusive:7 (Jedi, DD, Robo, Mrm, Aachintya31, Lonkitt, Doggo)

Last edited:
Can you Planck?

Rules:

1-Hax in general at High Hax (No need to hold back here, It's time for Hax lords to fight)

2-Equalized speed in all matches.

3-Ap should be from to 400 - 10 Extatons for AP range. Killing, K.O and BFR is allowed.
  • (There will be Stomp matches)
4-Random encounters no prior knowledge to anybody.

5-Total 10 Participants!
  • (FC/OC Characters are allowed as I was explained in the past by user Spinoirr, Who previously participated in my tournament with his FC/OC Character)
6-Fighting distance for every matchup will be 50 meters.

7- If characters are being removed due to Content Revision or any other cases, If someone else joins in place of another character I WILL NOT be doing rematches (What's done is done)

8- Location: All matches will take place in the Tournament of Power Arena

9- The winner will be declared The Lord of Magic and be given the beautiful Magic Trophy!

Lord_of_Magic.png

Combatants:
latest
VS
latest

Result
Characters:Attack Potency:Votes:
Chen Qi (Dragon Talisman):Baseline
Ifrit (Granblue Fantasy):Baseline
Inconclusive:

Lou Baiyue flies under the radar despite being the same tier. From what I see, it seems to be a stomp in Chen Qi's favour, whether that be his abundant abilities and resistances or his invulnerability and protagonist status (plot manipulation). I've said this before but he does also have 'New World' abilities linked in the abilities page.

I mean, the dude is first place in the top 10 non-smurf list.

Lou Baiyue flies under the radar despite being the same tier. From what I see, it seems to be a stomp in Chen Qi's favour, whether that be his abundant abilities and resistances or his invulnerability and protagonist status (plot manipulation). I've said this before but he does also have 'New World' abilities linked in the abilities page.

I mean, the dude is first place in the top 10 non-smurf list.
Your the supporter try and help me debate

For starters.
What are the leading hax from both characters in combat, What are the the unlikely moves and Ranges for both.
This is an in character debate.

For starters.
What are the leading hax from both characters in combat, What are the the unlikely moves and Ranges for both.
Ifrit mostly goes with scattering fire everywhere or using inferno. his fire is mostly AOE
Inferno burns the target for a while and it can inflict curses that nullifies regeneration and healing
although the cursed debuff isn't in his profile regarding the healing null part so pretend he doesn't have that
Other than that he could also roar which nullifies the powers or abilities currently active from the target reduces their defenses and increases his atk

and since he is a primal beast he can also kind of invade someone's soul and mind to destroy it and take over said body
although he's unlikely to do this seeing he is a primal beast who wanted to give sky-dwellers trials to complete

what is the level of his hax? in terms of range and potency
As the page states, their resistance improves with cultivation. The potency is dependant on what stage he gained said ability. There are 35 levels, if he gained a specific ability at level 1, then at level 35 he has 35 levels of potency and resistance.

As for range, cultivators contain words within them. They don't qualify for tier 2 due to their size (only a continent) hence the High 6-A rating. At level 30+ they have a statement of expanding said world into a universe, hence the possibly 3-A rating. As for attacks, they can reach into other dimensions and their senses are aware of other dimensions (check Enhanced Senses & Extrasensory Perception section)

For starters.
Chen Qi's only passive is plot manipulation. There is a hierarchy of protagonists, with Gu Chensha being at the top looking for a protagonist to defeat him (quote on his profile). Regardless of where Chen Qi ranks, he is still a protagonist with plot armour.

Anyways, he has abilities listed as 'passive' but they are things turned off for this match. For example mind & soul manipulation, life manipulation, healing, deconstruction aura which at his level removes all particles, space & time to create a vacuum, etc. It shouldn't be in character for him to have it on immediately. Another unlikely move being death manipulation (cultivators can instakill just with their emotions).

Lets move on to the other bits. Once the fight starts, he would go from being ordinary to suddenly having passive paralysis + powernull, attack absorption (even makes him stronger), manifest his Dao which is conceptual manipulation (type 1) and conceptually mindhaxes the opponent into believing his Dao and it also warps reality. Additionally, his Dao is stories, so it is being swept up by it. Also manifesting his world would also manifest subjective reality.

Lastly, he has shapeshifting and adaptation, if he sees it and understands it, he can just transform into it. Whether it is a weapon or energy, for example the latter, they can transform into devilish energy which has the effects of Corruption, Corrosion Inducement, Power Nullification, Madness Manipulation, Necromancy & Disease Manipulation.

Whether it is his plot manipulation, invulnerability, HGR, abilities or resistances, or absorbing hax and even having the ability to seal, null, erase it or even modify it (power modification) it still seems to be a stomp but I will look forward to replies from supporters. One last thing though, Chen Qi does have information analysis which would immediately tell him everything he needs to know.

Is he capable of affecting 4D beings with said abilities? because Ifrit's core and powers need 4D hax to affect as all of it exist on a higher plane of existence and their appearance are merely vessels of their powers which could either be from creating their own or making a pact with a human or anything that exist including an entire island as their vessel

Is he capable of affecting 4D beings with said abilities? because Ifrit's core and powers need 4D hax to affect as all of it exist on a higher plane of existence and their appearance are merely vessels of their powers which could either be from creating their own or making a pact with a human or anything that exist including an entire island as their vessel
No. Chen Qi is purely non-smurf. If Ifrit's core is 4D, from what I gather, even if Chen Qi kills him using abilities he doesn't resist, his 4D core would remain, leading to him manifesting again? Seems like an incon unless Ifrit has 4D offensive hax and can escape being incap by Chen Qi's abilities. Also affecting abilities doesn't need to be the source, it can be the towards himself or the area.

For future reference, Gu Taxian is the smurf with the same High 6-A key as Chen Qi but his true self is 2-A.

No. Chen Qi is purely non-smurf. If Ifrit's core is 4D, from what I gather, even if Chen Qi kills him using abilities he doesn't resist, his 4D core would remain, leading to him manifesting again? Seems like an incon unless Ifrit has 4D offensive hax and can escape being incap by Chen Qi's abilities. Also affecting abilities doesn't need to be the source, it can be the towards himself or the area.

For future reference, Gu Taxian is the smurf with the same High 6-A key as Chen Qi but his true self is 2-A.
hmmm, it's kind of complicated the Core is where their power, mind, fate, lies, and these are all created by Astral Power.
Astral Power is 4D and they themselves claim their physical body is built by Astral energy and that they simply has a Core which they can draw power from and make themselves exist unlike other creations like Medusa's Medusiana who is purely astral energy that might disappear the moment said energy runs out.
having core means you have a power source but also a weakness.

the vessels that they made pacts with (humans or island etc) are 3D but they are also capable of just making their own using astral energy. but for some verse mechanics, they can draw more power using the vessels they made pacts with which allows them to reach higher AP like 5-A and 4-C even 4-A easily.

Ifrit is one of those that were built for war so he is more likely to just make his own vessel, and avatar than pactbond with someone.

sadly enough these are all mostly resistance and their only 4D hax or higher is their influence on whatever concept they govern which for ifrit it is unknown other than it is related to fire and the myth of Ifrit so no 4D offensive hax except probably from mind destruction since it is their soul, mind, and data (but like i said he is unlikely to do this at all) invading someone which was enough to cause overflow for Ellis who can perceive 4D and sees 3D as flat and can mind hax someone through past, present to future

Wouldn’t sealing and bfr work?

hmmm, it's kind of complicated the Core is where their power, mind, fate, lies, and these are all created by Astral Power.
Astral Power is 4D and they themselves claim their physical body is built by Astral energy and that they simply has a Core which they can draw power from and make themselves exist unlike other creations like Medusa's Medusiana who is purely astral energy that might disappear the moment said energy runs out.
having core means you have a power source but also a weakness.

the vessels that they made pacts with (humans or island etc) are 3D but they are also capable of just making their own using astral energy. but for some verse mechanics, they can draw more power using the vessels they made pacts with which allows them to reach higher AP like 5-A and 4-C even 4-A easily.

Ifrit is one of those that were built for war so he is more likely to just make his own vessel, and avatar than pactbond with someone.

sadly enough these are all mostly resistance and their only 4D hax or higher is their influence on whatever concept they govern which for ifrit it is unknown other than it is related to fire and the myth of Ifrit so no 4D offensive hax except probably from mind destruction since it is their soul, mind, and data (but like i said he is unlikely to do this at all) invading someone which was enough to cause overflow for Ellis who can perceive 4D and sees 3D as flat and can mind hax someone through past, present to future
I see. Where would their soul be? Or do they not have one? Anyways, if Astral Energy is 4D, shouldn't whatever vessel they make also be physically 4D? Either way, like I previously stated, Chen Qi can't affect their 4D core. Their 3D manifestation on the other hand can be haxxed to destruction or incap depending on what Chen Qi uses.

Even if his 4D hax type is unknown, if it is related to fire and is 4D, wouldn't this match be a stomp? Also Chen Qi's soul is housed in-between his brows (in a mental dimension), the best thing Ifrit can do is target his conceptual Dao/heart rather than his soul.

Wouldn’t sealing and bfr work?
Along with a-lot of other abilities but Chen Qi can't affect his 4D core, so the best option is incap or incon, unless Ifrit's 4D offensive hax is elaborated on.

I see. Where would their soul be?
honestly, soul and mind are basically the same for a primal beast so in their core very likely
as for the 4D hax tbh even if it's 4D he's probably unaware that he is capable of using it in a way that would actually win him the fight. as they are created with some set of parameters and task. it is rare for them to actually explore the extent of their powers (like caro not even knowing he can do things by having his concept related to the heart) unless it is related to whatever parameters or tasks assigned to them

honestly, soul and mind are basically the same for a primal beast so in their core very likely
as for the 4D hax tbh even if it's 4D he's probably unaware that he is capable of using it in a way that would actually win him the fight. as they are created with some set of parameters and task. it is rare for them to actually explore the extent of their powers (like caro not even knowing he can do things by having his concept related to the heart) unless it is related to whatever parameters or tasks assigned to them
Perhaps he would awaken it if Chen Qi puts him inside one of his novel worlds.

Anyway i dont think ifrit can actually put chen Qi down completely.

Bfr seems like a valid wincon for Chen but idk if bfr also follows the logic of "not enough range = won't work="

Since the battlefield is in tournament of power. That means Sky-realm's effect of forcefully bestowing change and evolution will be gone so ifrit will likey not change or evolve and will follow through the parameters set by Astrals for him. So i don't really count him being able to awaken whatever 4D potential hax he may have. The only time he would have the power of evolution would be in his Xeno form which was granted by Cosmos which is not the key we are using so yeah.

Incon or Chen qi i guess

Back