• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jin Kazama VS. Ryu (Concluded, Add pls)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depending on how you interpret Evil Ryu or Nothingness Ryu, Ryu may win or lose to Jin.

IMO Ryu has better durability and strength (by scaling) and with speed equalised Ryu should take this.

Ryu - 1 - jasonsith

Ji - 0 -

Yeah, Death Battle is mostly a bunch of hacks in most battles, but, as long they do recognize Bison´s ending as a reliable source of scaling, Jin will win by scaling to Kazuya.

Now, who would seriously win? Ryu.

He has far more experience and ranged attacks since this is base vs base, and as Jason said, he has better durbility.

So Ryu. Yeah.

If he uses Evil Ryu or PoN, he will indeed kill Jin without much trouble.

In this fight, Jin definitely wins.

He has much superior abilities. He has telekinesis to choke people with, a barrier that behaves in a similar way to the power of nothingness that he used to block Azazel's laser. And he has power stealing abilities and a healing factor.

He's also smarter as he's had proper education and he knows 3 different types of karate. Plus Devil Jin can fly and teleport, aiding in his agility and mobility. He's fought through several armies of Tekken Force members, JACK robots, and weird demon creatures in Devil Within so that also grants him stamina.

Jin has more than enough tools to get around Ryu's style. And he has more smarts and stamina. So Jin definitely takes it without too much trouble.

Who would actually win though.

Definitely Jin. Even by this wiki's standards of the characters. As long as they fix Jin's speed. The Sub-Rela should count for his travel and reaction speed too, not just attack speed. Heihachi was able to outrun the devil beam in Kazuya's Tekken 2 ending. Jin should easily scale from that. So he'd just absolutely blitz Ryu. Then combining his superior movement options with teleporting and flying, his much better powers like telekinesis, energy stealing, barriers, and a healing factor, along with the smarts and stamina advantages. He could EASILY get around Ryu's singular advantage of just having more power.

Nah man, Ryu still win via his superior skill. He has trained by far longer and electricity based attacks are not news to him.

Not to mention speed is equal.

Also "being smarter by knowing three types of karate" id absurd to the point it doesnt make any sense.

I guess Batman solos the entire wikia due to the amount of maartial arta he knows.

You know why that hasnt happened? Because he is weak AP and DC wise, and this scenario is no different. Ryu wins.

RapidMotorcycle19 said:
Also "being smarter by knowing three types of karate" id absurd to the point it doesnt make any sense.

I guess Batman solos the entire wikia due to the amount of maartial arta he knows.

You know why that hasnt happened? Because he is weak AP and DC wise, and this scenario is no different. Ryu wins.
So you do agree speed equalisation is a game turner here?

Many who says Jin wins or even stomps are saying Jin attacks at SoL, has flight and has lasers.

Ryu - 2 - jasonsith, RapidMotorcycle19

Ji - 1 - LeopoldTheBrave

Not on base Jin doesnt.

This is BASE Jin vs BASE Ryu (I suppose this is SFA3 Ryu, where the 7-B form is from.) Because Base Ryu in SF3 should be at least as strong as Gill, who was defeated by Alex, who is High 7-A.

So no, any way you look at this, Ryu has a very damn big skill advatange over Jin.

@RapidMotorcycle19 No, this isn't base Ryu vs base Jin. OP stated that both are 7-B, that's mean this is base Ryu vs Devil Jin. and base Ryu shouldn't be at least as strong as Gil at all. Otherwise, he should be list on High 7-A instead.

Anyway I vote Jin for Leopold's reasons.

Ooooh, now this is a bit more interesting.

I tought this was base Jin. Hah, to think Jin needs a powerup to even come close to base Ryu.

Anyways, Ryu still has superior skill and strenght, lazers might give Ryu trouble, but if Heihachi would canonically survive one of Kazuya´s beams to the head, i dont see Jin one shotting Ryu here.

Seriously, the beams are the most useful Devil Jin has imo, flight is almost useless against Ryu´s long range attacks.

Jin has way more hax and abilities to help him defeat Ryu easily. Not just standard lasers and such.

Telekinetic choking abilities at 0:35 https://youtu.be/ubYOpvyvzgM?t=35s

Energy absorption https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKpZevPMJkY

Barrier generation at 3:56 https://youtu.be/8iIeILIohP8?t=3m56s

Healing Factor at 0:10 https://youtu.be/1O-G5rtIGkY?t=10s

Resistance to Soul Manipulation at 2:42 https://youtu.be/uQYCpDcPgX0?t=2m42s

Dunno what power he shows here would be called, but it's pretty dang cool. 0:26 https://youtu.be/6Zvuj3ezDAE?t=26s

Jin has had just as much experience as Ryu, fighting in multiple tournaments and a roster of fighters just as diverse as street fighter. Jin's superior abilities, agility, mobility, intelligence, and skill helps him win easy.

Rapid appears to be a bit bias. Especially with the way he said "I thought this was base Jin. Hah, to think Jin needs a powerup to even come close to base Ryu. "

That's only by this wiki's standards. With my personal ruleset when it comes to VS...

• No prep time
  • No outside help, unless it's a major part of the character
  • Non-Canon events are allowed as long as the main canon doesn't contradict them.
Ryu gets heavy upgrades, all the way up to Island level with Evil Ryu. But Jin is WAAAAAAAY higher with that particular ruleset. Multi-Continent in base from scaling to those who can one-shot the meteor smashing Jack-6 robots. Even if Ryu were to win here, it wouldn't mean much. Many people don't have the same rules for VS. Jin has won just about every single VS show he's been in on YouTube. No offense to the admins or anything, but this site is REALLY bad with fighting game verses.

I'm simply following the rules of this thread and keeping my rules out, yet I can still find ways for Jin to win.

Well don't you incorporate non canon stuff Leopard?

Unknown and Angel [At least Small Country level. At least Massively Hypersonic] scales to non-canon feats like Tekken Tag 2 Devil Jin and Jack-6 endings.

Huesito88 said:
Well don't you incorporate non canon stuff Leopard?

Unknown and Angel [At least Small Country level. At least Massively Hypersonic] scales to non-canon feats like Tekken Tag 2 Devil Jin and Jack-6 endings.
Yeah, I include it. But I'm still careful with it. I don't include crossovers or guest appearances and such. The JACK-6 ending CAN be used as it doesn't contradict anything. Also it was calced to Large Continent instead of just Country. And Jin is superior in base form to those who can one-shot armies of these Large Continent robots. Also the devil beam calc is 40x FTL, not Sub-Relativistic. It was calced differently here using the video as a timeframe instead of the satellites orbit as a timeframe.

Either way, we should probably stay on topic and stick to the rules and stats for these characters set on this wiki and this thread.

"The JACK-6 ending CAN be used as it doesn't contradict anything. Also it was calced to Large Continent instead of just Country. And Jin is superior in base form to those who can one-shot armies of these Large Continent robots. Also the devil beam calc is 40x FTL, not Sub-Relativistic"

I see your still with the FTL calc, though where did you get Large Continental from just asking =P

Jin wins and for your info Rapid,Jin defeated Heihachi,Jinpachi and Wang fair and square,those guys have more experience in h2h combat and are older then ryu as well,if Jin can beat them, Ryu aint a big deal in that regard

Ryu has nothing special for hax,ki projectiles mostly and the raging demon for evil form,Jin has barriers,telekinesis,lasers,flight,power stealing etc. and mind you the lasers are too fast for ryu to dodge,he has no advantage here

and in reality Jin doesnt need the devil form to keep up with base ryu,its the other way around,VS wiki isnt accurate for fighting games tiering

Ryu fra

Also, if we are using pon Ryu, Jin is screwed. As Ryu can nullify Devil Jin (like he did with M.Bison Psycho power.)

I didnt talk about unleashed heihachi, im talking about just heihachi, he beat him before and easily

Im not implying,jin is higher then his tiering given here in base form,higher then ryu base

Mu no ken is useless,it works only on evil energy,the devil gene isnt energy,its a gene of supernatural origins,plus holy or divine type powers were seen to nullify the devil gene,which mu no ken isnt

Ryu has nothing to him, in powers as said Jin has better hax,including lasers which ryu cant react to

And death battle isnt gonna stick with canon only,they use non canon stuff too,im which ryu has no chance againdt jin

So that's...

• Ryu: 2
  • Jin: 3
Also about the Power of Nothingness, it CAN'T stop the devil gene. Even light or pure energies can't stop it as devil canonically defeated angel in a fight over control of Kazuya.

The only thing that has been able to neutralize it is something within the Kazama bloodline. That's why Asuka could fully revert Jin back to normal despite her being just a regular human. And also why Jin is able to control the devil gene. Because his Kazama blood balances out its chaos.

Tekken 5 Asuka Kazama Ending HD
Tekken 5 Asuka Kazama Ending HD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back