• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jericho Swain vs Vandalieu

Looks at Vandalieu's profile

>7.5x stronger than Swain with a fraction of his power while weaker than his prime

>Hax out the ass

>Resists basically Swain's entire arsenal

Um...

To be fair Swain's profile doesn't exactly tell you how far up Town level he is.

Swain does resist Soul and Mind stuff, which was the main reason for the match. Vandalieu also doesn't have Soul Manipulation & Life-force absorption resistance. Swain also has proper Teleportation as opposed to Vandalieu.

He's a bit above baseline scaling from guys who are baseline scaling from guys who are borderline Low 7-C (Albeit Swain will likely be upgraded to High 7-C in the future but thats for another thread)

Yeah but Swain doesnt resist Age Manipulation, Disease Manipulation, Power Nullification, or Death Manipulation. And wouldnt Van resist soul and life force drain by virtue of resisting "any other condition that causes the skill's owner to not be in peak form"?

I suppose I can't claim that Vandalieu doesn't have the advantage here, but it should be said that some of the things here are not as instant kill as they sound.

Age Manipulation requires touch and only ages the organ touched. So if only the skin is touched only the skin ages and against someone with longevity it can not instantly age him to death or anything. However, Withering is a dangerous spell, i suppose.

Death Manipulation isn't an Instant Death spell, but more like life-force deletion. It bypasses durability, but still needs to whittle down the HP and the projectiles that do so can be dodged and defended against.

Power negation comes (mainly) in form of the mana absorption barrier. It blocks the use of external magic, but only as long as the opponent remains inside the black fog the spell produced.

You have a point about the disease.

The "any other condition that causes the skill's owner to not be in peak form"-part is part of the description of the status effect resistance skill. It specifies that this doesn't include damage recieved through wounds and considering that nobody resisted Vandalieu's death and soul attacks I would believe that type of damage isn't actually resisted by this, due to not being a condition but damage.

Either way, I suppose Vandalieu is another one of my profiles that is hard to find decent matches for...

Back