• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jack is back: Samurai Jack discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
@Ultima
************ please.

More like Low 2-C Jack and Aku.
Oh yeah. Silly me

>BURGEONING ROMANCE BETWEEN JACK AND ASHI

Good, because i ship them OvO

Anyone who has seen the latest episode and seen the preview for the upcoming episode must realize, Ashi is outstanding waifu.

I thought the black figure in the horse would be one of Jack's most powerful enemies...

And then... He was easily killed

-_-

To be honest I'm a bit disappointed about the horseman. I get that there's only 10 episodes so the plot's gotta get moving fast. But with how much the show was hyping this guy up, I wish the pay off was a bit more than someone who gets one shot and has pretty much no proper explanation for who or what the hell he was.

I thought it was like boiling tar or something

I don't want to be political, but I read an article for a person claiming Samurai Jack was sexist, homophobic, and appropriates culture lol.

@Fan

Oh, you mean idiots. lmao

The very first episode of the show, the people who train Jack come from all cultures and walks of life, and he respects them all equally. Jack doesn't go, "Oh look, an African" or some shit. He treats them all as valuable teachers, because they hold knowledge far more valuable than anything skin deep.

People who go around calling every single thing racist aren't doing a very good job covering up how racist they themselves actually are.

This habit of people calling every little thing racist, sexist, homophobic, etc. is just getting ridiculous and trivializing actual bigotry. It's like the boy who cried wolf.

And it's extremely insulting to actual victims of discrimination when someone equates their suffering to these petty things.

There are people in the world getting killed and raped for their race, ethnicity, gender, etc, yet some would rather complain about "offensive" cartoons, video game boobs, men sitting with their legs open or a ******* air conditioner like those are the actual problems. It's disgusting.

And what makes people disgusting and gross in real life to be with if that's how they gonna be towards stuff like this yet not do so for those that have such acts happen to them in real life.

I think it goes without saying that it's infinitely easier to complain about a cartoon on the internet than to go out there combatting the actual major, severe and nuanced issues with the world. It's why people look up to heroes like Samurai Jack, because they do shit that we can't or don't want to. I mean hell, I myself haven't done anything to help solve the world's problems.

But if those people who claim to be advocates of equality want to tackle these petty problems instead of real social justice, they could at least not be so virtue signaling and claim to have such a moral high ground over everyone once. Cause in reality they're doing nothing of actual importance.

I'm not gonna divulge into some massively long rant about political correctness, all I have to say is that some people need to grow some tougher skin.

Same here on the last bit.

Yeah that's just so low of them when they do that when, in reality, they're no better than anyone and just being prestigious assholes.

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
People who go around calling every single thing racist aren't doing a very good job covering up how racist they themselves actually are.
So true. Especially my own country. I'd say more but Antvasima advised me not to get too political here.

In general or in any of the seasons?

To me as of now of Season 5, it was from the previous episode of the one where we got to see several people he's met and even saved over those years ago.

If to say in general and/or from any of the previous seasons, it was Scotsman going off and roasting on the Sirens(?). For a kid-rated level-ish show, he managed to diss the **** out of them without using any severe cuss words. Well he might as used them but in a way kids won't be disturbed by it, though when he called them she-dogs, i presume that's his way of calling them bitches. ^^;

I skipped that one and only saw the africa one after Jack vs Aku, I wanted to get to season 5, should I watch that one?

IMO, probably one of the best episodes of the whole series, and what I would truly consider the first time Jack kills something "human", if you will.

Didn't he kill a few of those lizard monk things when ifnected? I remember him ramming one into a stalagmite(tite?) and choking one while kneeing it in the stomach.

I was laying around and decided to look at the clock. Literally only a minute and a half until the new episode airs and I almost didn't record it on time. Lol dodged a bullet.

Imma spoil everything for you then :)

jkjk. It's on right now for me but I'm not gonna watch it yet since I want to skip commercials.

Minor spoiler here.

Aku efforlessly created this massive crater with an eyebeam. I don't think it'll be upgrade worthy but it won't hurt at all to calc if it's possible.

The pit Aku created seems to go down for miles. Jack and Ashi took a sleep break as they were descending it with the help of a flying creature.

BlossomPriestess
"Ashi, our Master, HIM Whose Name Cannot be Known is the King of Fear, born from the fiery dark pits of the Underworld. He is one with evil, which gives him infinite power. We too must become one with it."

Ashi really got to shine this episode. That was a nice fight between her and mommy of the year. Though if her mom was this capable, why the hell didn't she just go after Jack herself? Just wanted brainwashed puppets to do her dirty work for her I guess.

Anyway, I was actually disappointed the Scotsman and his daughters didn't show up. Would have been hilarious if they just showed up in the aftermath of the battle and Ashi attacked them thinking they were also here to kill Jack.

I really liked the new episode, as with the other previous ones.

Ashi was badass in taking out that whole army by herself as well as managing to have enough energy to keep up with and fight her mom (Should we add that as an additional stamina feat or something? Seems pretty clear given she went to take out said army and then go right after for another fight against her mom who was as capable as her own daughter at the least.), and Jack going through some spiritual journey that also involved him banishing his anger.

Quite honestly, it felt like it was Mad Jack talking to him at those times really. At least that's how i see it.

Anyways, it looks like we have just 3 episodes left and i'm wondering as to how things will go for these last ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back