• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jack is back: Samurai Jack discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
A stemming issue seems to be addressing itself rather enthusiastically. From what I understand, episode 10 will only be about the usual 23 minutes. If they expect to wrap up the series, and the considerable amount of plot points left in such a small timeframe, I'll be expecting a rather rushed finale.

https://www.reddit.com/r/samuraijack/comments/6b6fcx/guardian_after_seeing_episode_c/

While I am beyond aggravated, this made me laugh a bit.

I saw a theory on Reddit how Ghost Scotsman may possess Ashi to get the evil Aku shit out of her. That seems like a funny scenerio and nice way to tie the different sideplots together. Albeit pretty damn weird lol

Also two other things I wanted to point out about this episode.

1. I'm glad that Jack's still sort of having his internal conflict (with his bearded reflection and him saying that he's lost everything and will never get home.) As opposed to them just dropping that and Jack being fine after the tea episode. You don't just get over depression, PTSD and possible schitzophrenia that quickly. It would've been pretty poorly paced and immature if they just did that.

2. When you think about it, Scaramouche is the reason Aku actually managed to get Jack's sword. If he never came to Aku and told him, he'd never confront Jack. Then he wouldn't have gotten the sword. And Scarie got his head blown up for that...

>And Scarce got his head blown up for that

>Implying he won't somehow be alive at the end of the show for slapstick

I reeeeaaaalllly think they could have benefited from one more episode. The finale was 30 minutes but still felt like a cram. Still wasn't a bad finale, but I am mad Jack just missed complete happiness.

A bittersweet ending...The hero succeeds, the villian is slain, but the princess dies. I really don't know how to feel about it, which sucks

Holy freaking crap. They had to go with "those" time travel rules. Of course Jack would be robbed of his happy ending. Even worse, Ashi didn't just die immediately after Aku died, but rather waited until she realized she needed Aku to exist at all. She Looney-Tunes'd herself right out of existence. Didn't even die either; so no soul, no afterlife, no ghost, just gone.

Well at least Ashi should probably get another Key in which she is equal with Aku at "At least 6-B", with some of his powers (if not all, since she was stated to have his powers) added on.

ZsuXtTe
The ending....

I think Ashi is not comparable to Aku because she was able to control her new powers (Not that she boosted her stats), which are the new recently added and blocked an attack from Aku, who showed a 6-B feat only as a meteor.

Surprisingly, there weren't as many feats as I thought there would be. I mean, Jack killed Aku but that was because of his sword not his new buff self. I mean, We could make a profile for the Robo-Samurai, he did tear off part of Aku's head

Maybe Aku needs a revision thread then? If his only way to access his 6-B feat is falling from space, maybe he shouldn't have that rating for general combat purposes. The Stone Samurai was able to wound him, too, so I think a lower rating may be more consistent.

I disagree with Aku's Striking Strength not being Country level. Like Azzy said.

"That's it. He doesn't even actively use anything but his sheer size and kinetic energy in this. This would likely rank extremely low on the list of "attacks" he could actually do. On top of that, when this feat happened, Aku was a tiny fraction of the size he is by the events of the show. We specifically see him absorb multiple organisms and grow in size exponentially over the course of millions of years."

Ashi blocking two attacks would just be an outlier, since we know that form doesn't amp her strength. Jack was able to still hold his own relatively well against her multiple times.

Yeah and Bill Cipher got his ass handed to him by a robotic shack and spray paint. It's the finale where the bad guy needs to lose. The pis stick is to be expected. Even then Aku obliterated the machine once he got serious.

Well, it is possible that Jack has become significantly stronger than his season four self. He was destined to defeat the Guardian, so perhaps his current self would actually have been strong enough to defeat him, had the prophecy not been retconned. We will never know however, as he did not face him.

I'm also curious about the aging process. Will Jack age now, considering how he has utilized a time portal again? Perhaps we will never know.

One thing I am wondering is, should Jack have some sort of minor acausality?

He seemed to have retained all the memories of a timeline that no longer exists. He still knows of people who never existed due to his time travel. Whereas other people explicitly get affected by this flow of time, such as Ashi.

Or would this be considered something like PIS or a common trope rather anything else?

The Mysterious Stranger - Delta- said:
Well, it is possible that Jack has become significantly stronger than his season four self. He was destined to defeat the Guardian, so perhaps his current self would actually have been strong enough to defeat him.
I think not because the other gods restored him at his season 1-4 normal state with the sword while his beginning of season 5 self remained with him as they talked once. Jack was able to stomp Aku when he was weak and tired from his fight with season 1 Jack.

Nah, that's a common trope Ryu. Back To The Future applied the same logic, Marty remembers his first family from timeline A, but when he changed the past and travelled to timeline B, he remembers timeline A fully.

I think (this is my opinion) the likely higher for the Guardian and the Minions of Seth should be removed because Jack was able to fight for a period of time and put some damage to them, the likely higher suggests that they are vastly above him, which is not the case. They should remain at least 7-C, but at an higher (but not that much) grade from Jack.

I see @Dark. I was under the assumption that Jack's fifty years of experience would have made him powerful enough to face the Guardian.

Aku is rated that high Ryu? I believe I understand, but I recall Jack tanking blows from Aku in episodes like "The Beginning" as well as "Jack and the Gangsters" I also recall Jack tanking blows from the Elementals, who I recall as being comparable to Aku. Perhaps someone could enlighten me a bit more? I understand that Aku is superior to Jack without his sword, but I didn't consider him to be that much superior. I mainly measured his level of danger based on his Regenerationn for the most part.

According to Azzy "Considering Town level's lowest and highest ranking is only about a 17x difference which Jack is well into, this seems justified."

But Dark, Jack didn't damage the Guardian at all. He was mearly annoyed, simply stating how his favorite suite was ruined. Jack was also disarmed incredibly quickly in that fight. I agree with the Minions however, as they are pretty comparable.

Yes, but Jack was distracted by the idea of entering the portal. If they fought in area without a portal he would have maybe put a better fight.

I'm not certain about that actually. Jack is a honorable warrior. I don't think there was any indication that he was actually distracted at all, as the fight would take precedence over the use of the portal. Jack has also trained to reach incredibly high levels of awareness, and focus so I doubt that's the case. I mean, if that was the case he would have simply rushed towards the time portal, uninterested in the idea of facing the Guardian.

Dark649 said:
Yes, but Jack was distracted by the idea of entering the portal. If they fought in area without a portal he would have maybe put a better fight.
This is headcanon.

Nothing suggested that Jack was actively trying to run into the portal instead of fight Guardian.

Even then "Jack being distracted" doesn't change the fact that his attacks did nothing at all to Guardian whereas Guardian was casually knocking Jack around. Thinking about something else doesn't drastically lower your AP and dura.

Along with Jack directly stating that Guardian is the strongest and most skilled person he has ever fought at the time. Guardian is simply >>> Jack and stomped him fair and square.

I finally saw the ending and... It wasn't bad, but really?

It would have been way better if Jack + All the people he's met across the years defeated Aku together, and then they would rebuild the world, now free from his tiranny.

Going back in time robs Jack of all he accomplished in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back