• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jack is back: Samurai Jack discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Azzy: You're probably right, yeah. Actually, it makes a lot of sense if you go by all of Inner Jacks talks throughout the season.

Mmhmm.

At this point, we can safely say that any feat that Aku did like killing the Scotsman while being apathetically depressed (is this a thing IRL?) to making that deep whole in the flashback are all casual feats, mmm?

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
Inner Jack was totally Mad Jack.
But yeah. Great episode. Ashi was a BAMF and Aku's ridiculously casual feat was pretty damn impressive.
I don't think people are stressing how stupid his feat is. The sun was out when Jack and Ashi went into the depths, and was out again when they came out... Buuuut, they took a sleep break while descending it.

Assuming that it was 6PM when they went down, and 7AM when they got up, and that they had 8 hours of sleep... That would still give them 5 hours to descend and emerge. Meaning that it would take 2.5 hours to cross the hole with a flying animal. Assuming that the bird descended at a lowball speed of 5 meters per second, that would mean that the hole is 45,000 meters deep. And he pulverized that amount of rock with the most casual eye-beam.

Alright, so, there were a few things that stuck out in the episode, first, I think we can remove the guilt based hallucinations weakness from Jack as when he saw the skull of the lamb he killed, he didn't begin hallucinating. Second, I say we modify Aku to be "at least 6-B, possibly higher," seeing as Vishnu, one of the Gods, stated that Aku was "The ultimate evil" which could make him comperable to The Nameless Evil seeing as it's been eons since Aku was spawned meaning he has had plenty of time to regain his former power.

"The ultimate evil" can simply be referring to the fact that Aku is a being of pure evil. That he's the most evil person out there. Not that he's more powerful than NE or Cronus.

Personally I'd rather Aku not get upgraded so many orders of magnitude beyond what he has ever shown based on a pretty vague statement.

It doesn't matter. The "possibly" still indicates that there's a decent chance of Aku scaling to the gods. Which a very vague statement with other reasonable interpretations not being enough to constitute that in my opinion.

When Aku starts effortlessly devouring constellations like they're candy, gets stated to "command all eternity" and warps the cosmos, then I'll start taking him being as powerful as Cronus more seriously.

Alright, I never once mentioned him becoming stronger or becoming as powerful as The Nameless Evil, also I never mentioned Cronus because Cronus is more than likely multitudes stronger than The Nameless Evil due to the hieararchy of the verse with Cronus being at the top and Nameless Evil being a step below that.

"I never once mentioned him becoming stronger or becoming as powerful as The Nameless Evil"

Yes you did. "which could make him comperable to The Nameless Evil seeing as it's been eons since Aku was spawned meaning he has had plenty of time to regain his former power."

"also I never mentioned Cronus"

You might not have. But if you want to interpret Vishnu's statement as Aku being the most powerful evil person, then that kinda implies he's stronger than Cronus. Which that implication alone should show that either the statement isn't to be taken that way, or should just be discarded.

Ryu, how does comperable equal to stronger or becoming more powerful than? Also I didn't interpret Visnu's statement as being the most powerful evil person, just comparable to what they consider the ultimate evil which is The Nameless Evil, they didn't fight Cronus and while they might have knowledge of him, they don't see him as a threat anymore due to Zeus stripping him of his powers.

"Ryu, how does comperable equal to stronger or becoming more powerful than? "

Why are you misquoting yourself now? You originally made the claim

"I never once mentioned him becoming stronger or becoming as powerful as The Nameless Evil"

"Comperable to" does equate to as powerful as. Or at the very least the two statements are only minorly different.

You misquoted me as saying that my implication of comperable meant stronger or becoming more powerful than, my use of the word comperable was to express him being equal to or less than The Nameless Evil, not stronger or more powerful.

Penguinkingpin said:
my use of the word comperable was to express him being equal to or less than The Nameless Evil, not stronger or more powerful.
I know that.

Which is why your previous claim "I never once mentioned him becoming stronger or becoming as powerful as The Nameless Evil" is false.

You did mention him becoming as powerful as TNE by "your use of the word comperable."

You seem hung up on the belief that I'm saying you think Aku > TNE. When what I'm really saying is that you did in fact say Aku
Ôëñ TNE, despite once claiming that you didn't say that.

Oh, I see the error, when I stated "I never once mentioned him becoming stronger or becoming as powerful as The Nameless Evil" I meant to say "I never once mentioned him becoming stronger or more powerful than The Nameless Evil"

Okay.

But still, an extremely vague statement with multiple reasonable interpretations, with this one bringing inconsistency should not be used for a "possibly higher" in my opinion.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Can we please remove Subsonic Jack? His feat in the episode he and Scottsman fight robots is blatantly faster than that, the bullet was moving in slow motion to them.
Personally I don't see why we can't accept two Relativistic+ feats. But I agree that even the low ends like viewing bullets in slow motion, dodging arrows from super close range, jumping up rather high before an arrow got close to reaching its target, etc. seem faster than Subsonic.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Can we please remove Subsonic Jack? His feat in the episode he and Scottsman fight robots is blatantly faster than that, the bullet was moving in slow motion to them.
Isn't there a calc which puts him at solid High Hypersonic or something? Why was it never evaluated here?

Like in the Aku revision thread we had, i showed a thread from last year i did that was gonna have Jack at HHS+ but DT and ClassicGameGuys (A very old calc member of ours from a long while back) didn't seem to accept it. Not sure of what Xcano's opinion was of it back then.

Here: https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/175794

Then again it's been over a year so you guys could redo it or something.

Has the feat when Jack defeated those bounty hunters in the time it took a drop of water to fall been calculated?

That Gatling gun feat and the fight with the bounty hunters should both yield decent results.

Soldier Blue said:
That Gatling gun feat and the fight with the bounty hunters should both yield decent results.
If the princess merely cutting water in that timeframe yields sonic+ results, it should be very impressive

Well that was an awkward episode.

Hit The Badass said:
HAHAHAHAHAHA! What an amazing episode!

Some people who thought them of father daughter will be so salty about this.
I was one of those people (till a couple of weeks ago). But I'm not salty at all.

Just finished the episode, what threw me off with the kiss was the song playing in the background, like, well alrighty then. Well, the shipping has sailed and is now canon.

I think my fave parts about this episode was Jack becoming a fishhead (literally), the ride he and Ashi had along with those panthers in black with obvious lettering, Ashi actually going naked and Jack's voice cracking up, to then the ending where they just straight up kissed with no build up to it. xD

I also found it somewhat amusing that Jack took the time off to clarify that his robe was really a "gi" (hopefully I spelt that right) to a naked Ashi while fighting some kinda super leech

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back