• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

J. Geil vs. Josuke Higashikata

I guess Josuke will need to be extra on-guard with reflective surfaces literally everywhere. However, the Crusaders fought Geil in the middle of a desert with few instances of reflective surfaces. In an urban environment like Morioh, there are houses everywhere, which means there are windows everywhere too. There are water bodies in Morioh as well. Its also a fairly busy town so there are many people as well (HM can use eyes as reflective surfaces as well). If Josuke doesn't immediately locate Geil he gets poked by an attack he can't defend against.

For these reasons, I vote Geil.

Getting stabbed by Geil isn't an instant kill, especially since he tends to go for the shoulder. Avdol was alive when he was stabbed by him, and so was Polnareff. I think that, between that, and Geil's tendency to have Hanged Man loom over to the victim before attacking them, Josuke will have enough time to find Geil, or realize how to defeat Hanged Man. Voting him, though it's really close. Josuke can also counter his strategy of smashing glass items by fixing them.

TacticalNuke002 said:
Reflections would exist whether he breaks reflective surfaces or not. And Geil stabbed Avdol in the back, not the shoulder.
There would be less, which would make it easier for Josuke to get out of their range. He could also use CD's ability to restore stuff to its prime elements (like when he punched the spaghetti) to remove reflective stuff altogether. Glass is reflective, but what it's made of isn't. And I must have been thinking of HftF. Anyway, Avdol still lived that. Keep in mind Josuke survived a lot of wounds in his fight with Kira.

You know, I think Josuke could actually permanently trap Hanged Man inside something, if he turned it into prime materials.

Hanged Man FRA while yes Josuke took a lot of punishment in the Kira fight, he has to find Geil to get any kind of advantage here. It took Kakyoin and Polnareff, as well as Avdol sacrificing himself to put down Geil in their fight. I don't think Josuke alone is gonna be that lucky all on his own.

Unlike the Hanged Man fight in part 3, J. Geil does not have Hol Horse to support him, providing actual firepower, and, since they fight in Morioh, Josuke would have the home field advantage. J. Geil's strategy was also to hide among normal people, since he's dark skinned, has an odd face and two right hands, he'd stick out like a sore thumb, much more than he did in India, which is also a lot more crowded.

Back