• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

I've gone Insane today! Nightmare vs The Covenant Empire.

XSOULOFCINDERX

They/Them
I had this completely random thought out of nowhere for no reason and now i want to see it happen.

Essentially Soul Edge was found by some random UNSC Marine while they were scouting ahead for any Covies and after finding out about the Covenant, Nightmare wants to see if Alien Souls are any different than Human Souls.

Complete Nightmare vs Human-Covenant War Covenant.

Nightmare has some limited Knowledge on the Covenant due to Overhearing some soldiers talking about the covenant just before he killed them.

Covenant don't know he's around until Nightmare runs into the First Group of Ground Units, but they gradually learn more about him every other encounter.

Takes place on Reach the day before the Supercarrier arrives.

Speed Equal.

Nightmare:8

Covenant:

Incon:

The only real question I have with this is Nightmare's Host I chose. Would that allow Nightmare to be able to Drive/Pilot a Vehicle? If so, then at least flying enemies won't be too much of a problem.

Btw, what I meant by "Every other encounter" was after every third or fourth Encounter with him.

Well, Nightmare could also just teleport on top of the planes and ships. I dunno what they Plasma Bomb with because none of their individual weapons are even gonna harm him.

I'm going to go with Nightmare here, but it certainly won't be a cake walk.

The empire has an AP edge via Bombardments and they have better range. But Nightmare has plenty of hax to go around, and can deal with almost any type of enemy. He has Soul hax and many other insane abilites that will give hima massive edge here as Soul waves hordes of them.

The problem is that they'll eventually learn more about him and his abilities, and possibly concoct a plan to deal with him. But I think he's more likely to manage to get on a ship before that happens, thus nullifying their range advantage and practically any chance they had of putting him down for good. At which point he's going to completely take over and beocome an Intergalactic Emperor of DOOM that puts even Freeza to shame.

Of course even if they put him down somehow, someone is bound to grab that sword sooner or later, and the cycle shall start once again.

I should also note that depending on the host, Nightmare would have knowledge of whatever they know.

If his Teleportation is good enought to get him to the ship then this might get a lot easier for him.

I wonder if Nightmare could warp the entire ship into Astral Chaos considering his range...

XSOULOFCINDERX said:
Was it bad?
Gameplay is fine. Story was shit. Not only did the older cast do like literally nothing, but the new cast was pretty lackluster. Only character I liked was Xiba and that's because his personality legit brought a smile to my face.

I like the visual of Nightmare warping the entire ship to Astral Chaos, turning the entire crew into Malfested under his control and then going to war with the fleet, teleporting from ship to ship, creating more malfested and stealing more souls.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
I like the visual of Nightmare warping the entire ship to Astral Chaos, turning the entire crew into Malfested under his control and then going to war with the fleet, teleporting from ship to ship, creating more malfested and stealing more souls.
Would be so badass.

That's a cool image as well, but I'm still not sure if he has the Range to just teleport from one ship to the next.

tbf, he doesn't need to know how, he just needs a Malfested to know how. Or take control of someone with that knowledge (like a pilot).

I forgot to mention this is happening during Reach, so not quite. There's one on the way, but it isn't here until the day after he gets his new host.

So how long until the ship gets there and how long before they start trying to waste a continent?

The ship doesn't show up until the Day after Nightmare obtains his new host and they would probably try to nuke the Continent after they figure out that their forces are getting wiped out in masses by one guy even faster than "the Demons" can pull off.

So Nightmare would know about the Covenant from his host, the question is if he'd realistically know to take a ship to go after the Covenant.

Back