• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
If Issei kills R, Greed resurrects. Also touching R is lethal as that makes you prone to absorption.

Well shit.

Issei's only option would be wyvern spamming

But at this range, that will likely happen.

R passively has a barrier around himself and if the Wyverns are living Greed would just eat them and gain their abilities

Dienomite22 said:
R passively has a barrier around himself and if the Wyverns are living Greed would just eat them and gain their abilities
I'm 99% sure Wyverns aren't living beings as they're extensions of his armour.

Isn't his armour created from his Boosted gear which has a spirit in it? If so R can eat the Wyrens and gain Issei's powers that way since a weaker version of Greed was able to gain a beings powers just from eating a part of them or slightly touching them

The Boosted Gear has Ddraig's spirit, yes. But it isn't transfered to the wyverns. Hell, Ddraig's spirit being inside the SG could only give advice untill Volume 25 came out.

The boosted gear becomes the armor right?And the wyrens are pieces of the armor ,as you said, so Greed should be able to eat just a piece of the armour to gain it's abilities due to the boosted gear having a spirit inside of it.

If you doubt it then I dont mind ignoring this as a win condition, R has more ways to deal with Issei.

He has the Sword of Tarthagata and Greed which out ranges Issei and as mentioned before he has a barrier around himself.

Sword of Tarthagata is only in the High 4-C key. But yes, Greed very much outranges.

Sir Ovens said:
Sword of Tarthagata is only in the High 4-C key. But yes, Greed very much outranges.
Also, post Park il pyo fight Jagal was stated to be as strong as commissioner's, wouldn't that make second key Jegal ,Jin and Dae wi High 6-C possibly Low 6-B or would it be considered an outlier?

Comissioners with limiters on are 8-B, I think they were referring to that.

Plus, 9 tailed fox Ilpyo was High 6-C, up until Jegal ate the soul of the fox.

Sir Ovens said:
Comissioners with limiters on are 8-B, I think they were referring to that.
Plus, 9 tailed fox Ilpyo was High 6-C, up until Jegal ate the soul of the fox.
He easily ripped off Commissioner X's arm and impaled him with Megalodon once he gained the form and Jegal's GP is 1950 in this form which is comparable to judge Q who was 2500 when serious and using his borrowed power to kill Mori Jin

GP is not a durability booster unless the Borrowed Power is physical. Jegal was 1950 in GP because he had tons of summonable Borrowed Powers.

Plus, GP, unlike levels can't properly be scaled to mesure AP. All we know is that Borrowed Power raises GP, and thus, boosts the stats of your attack.

He gained 1950 GP only after Greed consumed him so it can't be because of the Borrowed Powers he ate, they were unrelated and not a factor at all because his GP was only 49 even when he had consumed all of those Borrowed powers.

Yea, I just re-read the chapter (it's 97), Jegal's # of Borrowed Powers were unrelated to his GP, throughout his entire fight when faceing Park Il pyo his GP remained 49,even when using all of the participants Borrowed Powers and his GP only went up to 1950 after Greed ate him and then he goes on to rip Commissioner X's arm off and impale him.Jegal got a massive boost here.

Also, When Jegal used Greed to eat Park il pyo and Park was saved from being fully eaten by X, Park's wounds wouldn't heal even with the nanotech and healing magic....healing negation for Jegal and R.

He summoned way more Borrowed Powers after Greed ate him including the duplication and ageis shield.

Sir Ovens said:
He summoned way more Borrowed Powers after Greed ate him including the duplication and ageis shield.
Only 3 or 4 more compared to the roughly 12-14 Borrowed Powers he used when facing Park Il pyo.I don't think # of Borrowed powers were a factor here, especially when Greed eating him was obviously a transformation and power boost.

Would Issei, in character, without any knowledge of R intentionally avoid any and all contact with him/between R and his boosted gear?

So... I'm gonna have to give this to R via Greed absorption and ressurection.

As long as Greed is on him, or at least a significant portion of Greed is. He only died in the comic because he used up a significant portion of Greed to break the Taboo and it ended up EEing itself from existence.

Also fun side note. Greed doesn't resist petrification. I need to add that to his weaknesses.

Back