• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kenpachi Vs Commissioner R. 5th Strongest - Non Smurf.

So what stops R from absorbing Kenpachi with Greed?

it doesn't need to be activated but it's not really a passive effect it acts on it's own and it always absorbs first

it doesn't need to be activated but it's not really a passive effect it acts on it's own and it always absorbs first
Can you provided scans for that since the profile doesn't really specify that. Also does it posses some sort of travel distance since Reiatsu doesn't really posses travel distance, You just get hit with it when it's active.

Can you provided scans for that since the profile doesn't really specify that. Also does it posses some sort of travel distance since Reiatsu doesn't really posses travel distance, You just get hit with it when it's active.
been a while since i read the weebtoon so i don't have the scans
also yeah it needs to touch you to absorb

been a while since i read the weebtoon so i don't have the scans
also yeah it needs to touch you to absorb
Then Kenpachi's Reiatsu would affect him first before Greed could as explain in my previous post. Thus making this a stomp in Kenpachi's favor since R has no way to get passed/regenerate from Kenpachi's Passives.

does reiatsu passive works on 4km range?
since this is SBA their starting position would be 4km from each other since Greed has planetary range

What do the passives even do? Greed just appears from below Kenpachi and absorbs his powers and soul.

does reiatsu passive works on 4km range?
since this is SBA their starting position would be 4km from each other since Greed has planetary range
Depending on what character the range changes but for Kenpachi's he scales to Yamamoto's use of it which extends 20km's

What do the passives even do? Greed just appears from below Kenpachi and absorbs his powers and soul
Soul Manipulation that crushes and destroys the Soul.

Fear Manipulation that causes crippling fear. to the point of complete unwillingness to fight.

Paralysis Inducement that freeze's Physical Movements.

Illusion Creation and Pain Manipulation that causes those effected by it to be put under a illusion that feels as though "you're falling into a mountain of needles".

Spatial Manipulation that causes space around Kenpachi to crack and distort.

Deconstruction that causes the Molecular/Atomic bonds of matter to burn and crumble away, This works on Physical and Spiritual Matter (A similar but better version Yuno's ability if you know Black Clover)

Also all these abilities bypass layered resistances towards them.

Well if the range is that far then R doesn't really have a way of going near Kenpachi before being passive'd to death. Using Sujin would have been fairer since she Power Nulls with her sight.

that face when a character with marital arts has a better chance than one of the most haxxed concepts in the verse lol
also i thought greed was souless

Greed doesn't have a soul but R does. If R is out, Greed would consume everything without prejudice. It would be Inconclusive either way.

A honest question I have:
Kenpachi is dangerously overconfident, as he almost always holds back in combat with his energy stealing eye patch, braiding bells into his hair, uses his sword one-handed, etc.
If he have this sort of weakness, why is assumed that from the beginning of the match he would let free a amount of energy to cross kilometers? I mean, yes, Soul Crush could be passive, but is said that he purposely restrict his power so assume that he would SC from such distance seem weird when even the profile also don't say he have such distance with SC, it say cross-dimensional with spatial cutting and since the spatial manip in the profile say and show it during a fight it doesn't support that he would affect R the moment the fight begin since he is containing and don't feel anything that would make him choose to attack from such distance. The scans you send also don't seem to help this since in them there were several powerful characters in the same place (the scans also make me have another question about why the girl was fine even though the SC should be powerful enough no make something explode and even so she was completely fine).

Last edited:
If he have this sort of weakness
Kenpachi doesn't have this weakness anymore, he rids himself of it after his fight against Unohana.

even the profile also don't say he have such distance with SC
The profiles don't provided the range of Soul Crush because they're pretty booty at the moment but i'm in the process of giving them specific ranges depending on level of Reiatsu and for this specific version of Kenpachi he scales to Yama's use which is 20km's (Causal).

The scans you send also don't seem to help this since in them there were several powerful characters in the same place
Their was but the majority of it was coming from Yamamoto given none of the people present (Execpt Aizen who wasn't projecting his Reiatsu at the moment) are comparable to even a bare-handed Yamamoto without his Zanpakuto.

I also stated if that wasn't enough to satisfy his burden then i could get more evidence for my point.

the scans also make me have another question about why the girl was fine even though the SC should be powerful enough no make something explode and even so she was completely fine
Most likely because of two reasons 1 Bleach characters can control whether specific people/things are effected by their Reiatsu and 2 Kubo probably didn't wan't to draw a little girl getting blown to pieces for his Manga.

As much as i want to talk about matches if Bleach's abilities specifics are all still unclear and is gonna go into CRT avoid using them at all in versus matches because we'll be grasping straws which might and might not be accepted as enough justification to grant something like that.

Kenpachi doesn't have this weakness anymore, he rids himself of it after his fight against Unohana.
The a crt need to be done because the weakness section specificly say so, and the profile image also show him with the patch after time skip, so without saying it in the profile I can't simply believe you.
Their was but the majority of it was coming from Yamamoto given none of the people present (Execpt Aizen who wasn't projecting his Reiatsu at the moment) are comparable to even a bare-handed Yamamoto without his Zanpakuto.

I also stated if that wasn't enough to satisfy his burden then i could get more evidence for my point.

Most likely because of two reasons 1 Bleach characters can control whether specific people/things are effected by their Reiatsu and 2 Kubo probably didn't wan't to draw a little girl getting blown to pieces for his Manga.
Then please do first the crt for SC because this sort of things have to be accepted first to talk about them, it could some bad, but many bad have experiences with claims about things that in the end aren't reflected in profiles or a crt about the matter.
As much as i want to talk about matches if Bleach's abilities specifics are all still unclear and is gonna go into CRT avoid using them at all in versus matches because we'll be grasping straws which might and might not be accepted as enough justification to grant something like that.
I think this is the best.

Kenpachi doesn’t exactly “choose” to soul crush anything, he just does since he can’t control his reiatsu at all for basically the entire series.
I mean, the weakness part mention that he choose to surpress himself do to overconfidence, so if that don't apply anymore in this key it need to go in a crt. I also honestly doubt a bit that he really SC his arounds in every moment since that would mean that most of characters would die from come near to him, or that the space around him would be constantly breaking, or if he really have kilometers to possible planetary range with the passive SC that there still exist beings alive in the planet (be Soul Cociety or Eath if he enter in it).

I feel that some claims are to important to not be in the profiles or have a crt talking about them, that's why I think is better continue with the vs of Bleach when that is deal in the future crt.

Kenpachi holds back in the sense that he wears his eyepatch and bells to make fights harder for him and that he doesn’t swing as hard as he can when fighting opponents. He can ramp up his reiatsu if he needs to but he doesn’t have the control other Shinigami like Byakuya, Kyoraku or Yama have to stop his normal reiatsu output which has Ichigo dying on the floor from a mile away in SS when he was at his weakest in the entire series. Base SS Byakuya while not even attempting to flex it was stated to have comparable reiatsu to Eyepatch Kenpachi and still brought Rukia (a normal soul in this situation) and Hanataro (greater soul resistance than Rukia at the time) to their knees instantly.

That said, I do agree that the Bleach soul hax should be sorted before they get thrown into MUs like this. Will save us a lot of time in the long run.

Incon fra I guess, though the range revision should probably happen before we vote since we currently aren’t using the profile’s statistics. (I mean, technically the versus thread rules only actually say that profiles for the characters need to exist, not that we need to use what’s listed on them, but still…)

Last edited:
Back