• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Is this enough evidence for Low-Godly Regen for Edo Tensei?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The real cal howard said:
Is there a statement saying Edo Tensei would recover from Jinton?
high for this

madara said to onoki that he need to hit him (edo madara) harder with Jinton and still need to seals him

and low godly cuz Deidara's statement suggest that
Uy68fr6d8u

"Blah blah Death of the Author 'yada' 'yada' Dante's universal by that logic"

Ignoring Author intent is just as bad as ignoring context as Author intent is part of it, but because your statement is very vague i can't refute legitimately anything but using the death of the author as a basis doesn't work when it removes context around that perspective,It only works in the absence of the author or when the work heavily contradicts the intention of the author and this is done in a case to case basis thing, Hideki's comments were refuted on the basis that he has been shown to be an unreliable source and it heavily contradicts the rest of the flow of logic, and you can't legitimately tell me this type of reasoning is applied across the board for every fictional verse equally, specifically when certain verses tiers rely exclusively on author intentions and statements oppose to feats, which is why context is important.

@Shadow. Again, I don't think verses that are tiered so heavily on statements should be as strong as they are unless they're solely from a text based series (like a book), but I digress.

how that assumption

when madara and Deidara said that them self it not like we fans saying they have high and low godly

if anything your part is assumption cuz u fail to provide any statement against upgrades other then simply saying no

@Omimi

Madara doesn't say "with Jinton" he just tells him to hit him harder but I could be mistaken, regardless that's High.

@TFO

Where does an Edo recovery from being completely destroyed physically and where is it stated they regenrate from the dust and debrie around them.

Madara was completely destroyed by his own Tengai Shinsei and guess what? He came back

Author Intent is still important in understanding the work, this is apparent by the fact that Outlier, PIS, CIS etc cant function as counter-arguments or arguments without requiring the intention.

though we are going off topic so i suppose i should stop derailing.

My Conclusion:

I am fine with High Regen but im more conservative over Low godly

Because "As long as abc, then xyz" statements only go as far as portrayed. We see them reforming from dust so that's as high as we can give them. If someone say, spatially deleted him, there's no telling that the regen would be enough because nobody's ever tried going past their shown regen.

TheFinalOrder said:
It meets the criteria but... Idk, it's becoming idiotic imho and other characters are listed as "Low-Godly" for the exact ******* reasons. It's ridiculous.
I understand your frustation but using an Appeal to Hypocrisy is still a fallacy and doesnt make your argument stronger.

because someone can simply refute it by agreeing with your sentiments regarding the other characters that are listed as low godly

Sadawdwad
he said hit him harder after onoki used jinton
+onokis other jutsu is useless against him

and this implies he was talking about jinton ---------------->

The real cal howard said:
@Shadow. Again, I don't think verses that are tiered so heavily on statements should be as strong as they are unless they're solely from a text based series (like a book), but I digress.
You realize there are two sides as well as pros and cons to that belief correct?

Destroy all atoms or molecules? There is no need for that, the body was destroyed and thats all I need to proof. Also, Madara was the epicenter, he said that there is no need of him run out of the meteor,because he will regen after all

M3X said:
Destroy all atoms or molecules? There is no need for that, the body was destroyed and thats all I need to proof. Also, Madara was the epicenter, he said that there is no need of him run out of the meteor,because he will regen after all
Do I really need to explain why this makes no sense?.

M3X, actually you do need sufficient proof that his body was completely destroyed. You made the claim that is was completely destroyed ergo you need to proof that it was with sufficient evidence, such as him being destroyed on an atomic level and beyond. The burden of proof is on you to prove that Madara's body was completely destroyed. Just saying that he was hit by a meteorite doesn't prove much.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Either way, what's the tl;dr reasoning for Low-Godly?
Basically because it's shown and told to us that Edo's keep coming back unless their souls are freed.

which implies Low godly

but the bodies themselves have only shown to regenerate from High attacks.

Omimi's right. A meteor can't destroy anyone down to a single molecule. Or even dust for that matter. It's a meteor, not a nuke.

Shadowbokunohero said:
but the bodies themselves have only shown to regenerate from High attacks.
Again, they never showed us the ability to regenerate from an attacks that leave only molecules or atoms and saying that Jinton has destroyed them is wrong since we haven't seen that.

They should be "Mid-High, possibly/likely Higher" and that's it.

Jinton reduces you to a single particle

Madara was hit by Jinton on many occasions.

it's High Regen otherwise he would never have regenerated his arms or legs.

so no

I do not see the need to prove something involving molecules or atoms, the classification of Regenerationn does not ask for it, it just says that the body needs to be completely destroyed.

• Page: The ability to regenerate from the complete physical destruction of your body, instead restoring it from your disembodied consciousness, whether that be your soul, mind, or something else
When Madara used the Tengai Shinsei, a ninja ask if he will run out, and he says that they will restore after the TS, and then it happens

There was nothing left of the Edo Tensei, the body practically undone there. After this, the "papers" that form the Edo go and regenerate Madara

Shadowbokunohero said:

Madara was hit by Jinton on many occasions.

so no
No it doesn't. Jinton reduces you to Atoms. Madara's entire body was never hit by Jinton unless you have scans.

Shadowbokunohero said:

Madara was bisected by Jinton on many occasions.

so no
That doesn't make sense.

I thought that High regen means Regenerationn from a single atom or particle, not your whole arm from an attack that destroys at molecular level while the rest of your body is fine.

Also if that's the case then everybody who has mid regen can have High regen.

I see. So then it should be

"At least Mid-High, possibly Low-Godly" or "At least Mid-High, likely higher".

I mean, this is a pretty blatant statement imho. But I can understand skeptics wanting more. As long as we don't have huge Statements vs Feat arguments that go nowhere (as regardless there are pros and cons), I don't really care what happens. But unless there is an argument that convinces me, I say the former works best.

False. If someone up and deletes your arms even with EXISTENCE ERASURE, if you have the anywhere upwards of Mid-Low regen you'll be good. It doesn't matter as the end result is the same. The arms are gone. Now if anything else got blown apart further urban would be more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back