• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Is this enough evidence for Low-Godly Regen for Edo Tensei?

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Dragon

This is a question I always had ...

Technically, the Edo Tensei are a ninjutsu. Therefore, his existence is linked to his being a "living and walking" Ninjutsu, where even the author of the technique is killed does not undo it.

To be connected to something (in this case, Ninjutsu), would not it be Immortality, Type 8?

The Caster (Kabuto in this case. Or Orochimaru for the Kages). In Madara's case though, it gets weird...

There is no such thing as "possibly" godly anything. For one, the official manga confirms in the Kage Summit arc that Jinton is near molecular destruction, not molecular destruction, which at most is high regen.

Secondly, souls in Naruto are shown as a form of chakra, not conventional souls we see in other forms of fiction. Dan's technique allows him to roam around as a living soul and physically interact with things and transfer chakra. Obito's soul was his chakra risen from his ashes, many other examples.

Chakra = energy = particles which is still high Regenerationn. Even in Part 1, it is explained that chakra is mental, physical, and spiritual. Souls being "bound to the world" are only if they have a vessel. Type 8 seems legit though.

I am fine with Low -Godly as a possiblity, it matches up with everything logically and makes sense with all the ways the Edos have actually been beaten.

Callsign Castle said:
Secondly, souls in Naruto are shown as a form of chakra, not conventional souls we see in other forms of fiction. Dan's technique allows him to roam around as a living soul and physically interact with things and transfer chakra. Obito's soul was his chakra risen from his ashes, many other examples.

Chakra = energy = particles which is still high Regenerationn. Even in Part 1, it is explained that chakra is mental, physical, and spiritual. Souls being "bound to the world" are only if they have a vessel. Type 8 seems legit though.
Completely wrong, he cant physically interact with things, he can possess people and them burn them from the inside or communicae with them when they are possessed. You would notice that no one else saw Dan but Tsunade. After he used his jutsu.

chakra =/= equal conventional energy unless used in such a way as conventional energy chakra has a lot of uses from conventinal energy to spiritual energy to reality warping. It simply depends on what type of chakra you use and how you shape it.

So what are the conclusions here?

Perhaps you should ask the staff members listed in the Naruto (The Universe) page to comment here, if it is necessary?

Okay. I suppose that seems reasonable, but more staff input is still preferable.

I read the thread and the Low-Godly statements look to be Option 2 as Kabuto was making the statement about the cells and did made the statement that sealing his soul was required to stop

I do remember under old Low-Godly Regenerationn's definition, the rating would have been a solid Low-Godly.

• Low-Godly: Able to regenerate as long as your disembodied consciousness exists, such as in the form of your soul or mind, or from other realms.
    • vs
  • Low-Godly: The ability to regenerate from the complete physical destruction of your body, instead restoring it from your disembodied consciousness, whether that be your soul, mind, or something else.
After checking the old CRT responsible for these changes, I think Mid-High, possibly Low-Godly makes sense and I agree.

I'm personally iffy regarding Low-Godly, but Mid-High being blown to dust makes sense to me after reading what the other staff said.

Maybe just "At least Mid-High" then?

Well, maybe "At least Mid-High, possibly Low-Godly" would be better then. I am uncertain though.

I don't see the problem with this

It tells us that they can regenerate no matter what as long as their souls remain in the world, this is enough for a Low-Godly rating

Now the argument seems to be that Deidara is not a trustable source but is this really important when there are no contradictions? If someone can show me an Edo tensei failing to regenerate from any type of destruction besides that done with Truth Seeking orbs then i'd be inclined to disagree with this post but until then i'd have to agree with it.

Can somebody ask Kepekley23 and Burning Full Fingers to comment here?

Unfortunately thats the only soul statement i could find. All the other ones just talk about their immorality and that they can only be defeated by sealing jutsu.

Well, you can tell them that I would appreciate the help.

The problem is that the statement is from Deidara, an individual that is not the most knowledge being and isn't the person who would know this type of jutsu in depth. If it was Kabuto, Orochimarau or Tobirama then you would have better backing since two of those people know the technique and are very knowledgeable individuals and the last actually made the technique. Also, them being bound the this world doesn't instantly mean they regenerate from there soul, Kabuto bounded the Edo's to this world into bodies. Said bodies have only shown Mid-High Regenerationn. They may not say they are limited to that level but that doesn't instantly justify Low-Godly.

Anyway I'm not going to sit here and disregard the possibility of Low-Godly Regenerationn, I understand the reasoning behind it and I think it's possible but it's not completely solid which is why I agreed that if we had no solid conclusion Mid-High possibly Low-Godly is fine with me.

LordGriffin seems to make sense to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back