• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Is this causality manipulation? (Minor elden ring spoiler)

One of the incantations of the Golden Order fundamentalists.
One of the key fundamentals.

Manifests a small ring of causality within that allows the caster to
automatically retaliate upon receiving a certain number of blows.

The fundamentalists describe the Golden Order through the
powers of regression and causality. Causality is the pull between
meanings; it is the connections that form the relationships of all
things.

This is how it looks like. It basically does damage to targets who have damaged the user

Personally I think "manifests small ring of causality" means creating "a causality" which might not make sense, but the best way to interpret it is causality manip

It's weird but yeah. A very very weak form of causality manip.

Yeah, "Damage Reflection via Causality Manipulation" seems fine to add when the profile is created.

Limited Causality Manipulation (Law of Causality allows the user to automatically retaliate after receiving a certain number of blows by manipulating causality.)

Something like that?
It should be noted as Causality Manipulation which happens to reflect damage rather than damage reflection, because that's what it is. It will change who resists it. Should make it hard to resist in general.

The description disproves any notion it's not real causality manipulation: "Causality is the pull between meanings; it is the connections that form the relationships of all things"

It should be Damage Reflection via Minor Causality Manipulation (Law of Causality allow user to return the received damage after a certain number of hit back to the attackers by manipulating causality)

Do we have any feats for the Tarnished? I know Astel was stated to have destroyed the Eternal City (we need to do a calc on how big it is though), and that the Elden Ring itself was capable of "governing the stars" with its power, which would obviously scale to the demigods as they were powered up by parts of it.

Do we have any feats for the Tarnished? I know Astel was stated to have destroyed the Eternal City (we need to do a calc on how big it is though), and that the Elden Ring itself was capable of "governing the stars" with its power, which would obviously scale to the demigods as they were powered up by parts of it.
The most concrete feat I can think of: Radahn has a fuckload of meteors that he held back with gravity magic that he specifically uses in conjunction with physical combat. Apparently someone rough-calc'd this at 7-A, don't quote me on this, based on the damage done in the Mistwood.

Astel's thing could end up anywhere, given the differing Eternal Cities.

Dunno if I agree with demigods scaling to a fully forged Elden Ring, and even then I'm only for possibly Tier 4 atm. The phrasing is vague and scaling it to normal abilities is ***** in my book.

Lol don't worry.

Anyways, I'm thinking about calcing the full-grown Falling Star Beast's feat of colliding with the earth and leaving a crater. Should serve as a good feat for field bosses to scale to.

That's Mt. Gelmir, yeah? It really should, though I dunno how you're gonna estimate what the top of the mountain was like prior. Still, I think that is probably the best feat for field bosses, yeah. As a lower-end, maybe also do other craters/similar feats, like column destruction or Magma Wyrm spitting lava? Fully-Grown Fallingstar Beast is somewhat above normal Fallingstar Beasts, would be nice to have a lower end.

In any case, I'll literally immediately eval if you post it, just lmk and I'll get on that shit.

Oh, I'm just calcing the crater lol. I have no idea how to calc the mountain. Will probably just have to assume it was flat or something.

I think it would likely scale to the likes of Night's Cavalry or Tree Sentinel. We might have to be a bit selective, though. Not sure how I feel about scaling ones like the Guardian Watchdogs in the catacombs to the adult Fallingstar Beast.

As for the lower ends, I think we could probably try calcing the giant lobsters or crabs breaking down walls. There are plenty of enemies like the Runebears and Iron maidens that can replicate that feat, so it should serve as an absolute bare minimum for some of the weaker field bosses.

Last edited:
Back