• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Elden Ring: Maliketh Revision

I have some problems with the Maliketh page, especially this one:

limited Death Manipulation and Conceptual Manipulation and Immortality Negation (Type 2 concepts, Types 5 and 7 Immortality; Via the Black Blade imbued with the Rune of Death. This doesn't instantly kill an opponent but when killed by this even beings such as Demi-Gods or Those that live in Death cannot revive from this)

This page implies that Demigods have Type 5 immortality, which I disagree with. Here is a copy-paste of my argument that I had already used on a previous thread (that no one follows anymore):

"I don't think there is enough evidence to give type 5 immortality to Demi-Gods,

We know people can die in the Lands Between, and that explains why Those Who Live in Death exists.
Those Who Live in Death are blasphemers and goes against the ideals of the Golden Order as their souls do not join the Erdtree to resurrect or reincarnate, this contradicts the Law of Causation and Regression that the fundamentalists of the Golden Order love so much.

People affected by the Rune of Death die completely, their bodies and souls are killed, which again prevents them from joining the Erdtree and is against the ideals of the Golden Order, and the rune of Fia confirms that this order exists since Marika removed the Rune of Death from the Elden Ring.

All of these things also explain why the Dung Eater was given the death penalty, as he prevents the souls of his victims from joining the Erdtree, an unforgivable crime.

Enia also implied that Demi-Gods can die:

Well, well...I see...A remembrance of gold has found its way into your possession. Demigods, and even the greater of the champions, are hewn by the Erdtree upon their end, into remembrances. They are...valuable indeed. These remembrances yet house the power of their former masters. And should you wish to wield that same power, well... I will lend you the strength of the Fingers. Heh... Do not recoil from my offer. The Fingers guide us all. And you Tarnished, you are here to take, are you not?

But given their powers and their great longevity, none of the Demi-Gods could be killed or die, before the assassination of Godwyn.

If Demigods have Immo 5 while other people in Lands Between can die, that would mean removing or adding a Rune in the Elden Ring only affects Demigods, which contradicts other things established in the lore
"

EDIT: Jerren also said that Demi-Gods can die:

At last, the war festival has ended. Brave champion you have our gratitude. The Celebration was spectacular. General Radahn is surely pleased. Festering with rot, and crippled by madness, all he wanted was an honorable death.

The other thing that may need to be revised is this:

Immortality (Type 9. Exists outside of space and time, so his selves in the Lands Between and Crumbling Farum Azula live and die independently from each other)

Why would that be Type 9 Immortality? This case also looks like Type 3 Acausality:

Type 3: Temporal Permanence: Characters with this type of Acausality are incredibly difficult to kill, as other versions of themselves - from other points in time and/or from other universes - can survive the destruction of the "original" and act in their place. This also grants them immunity to changes in the past.

Farum Azula has a bizarre relationship with time, it is highly possibly that the Farum we visit in the game is a place of the past, not the present, which might explain why it's described as "beyond time".
I think "possibly Acausality (Type 3)" seems more plausible than the Immortality here.

Last edited:
I'll be honest, I think the profile needs some rework anyway (I already have a good pfp if someone wonders)

Elden Ring has been kind of abandonned right now (including by myself) and we're still lacking some essential profiles like Ranni. I hade plans to make a Frenzied Flame profile though if anyone is interested (I have a blog for it)

Back