• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Elden Ring additions.

But the main issue is that Marika (or the Elden Beast) wouldn't get physically stronger or really weaker from the Ring. Since at the end both are restored to some original state.

The key difference would just be getting rid of the second ratings and making the second tabber "With the Elden Ring".

Not really. The Ring is just what governs stuff. The Elden Beast, or anyone for that matter, is able to remove or add things back to the Ring if they want to by changing runes that are attached to it. What the Elden Beast lacks is that after the shattering it doesn't have all the runes it used to have.
Okay so you're saying a theoretical 'with the Elden Ring' key is better. Yeh I guess that's more elegant then having a 'at least as powerful as before' key.

Ill fix it up.

a theoretical 'with the Elden Ring' key is better.
I'm just saying give them an extra tabber with all the Elden Ring only powers. To use a comparison, Yhwach from Bleach has a tabber with all of the only Quincy abilities. Those powers can be ignored or accepted for a debate since it's not part of his typical power set.

I'm just saying give them an extra tabber with all the Elden Ring only powers. To use a comparison, Yhwach from Bleach has a tabber with all of the only Quincy abilities. Those powers can be ignored or accepted for a debate since it's not part of his typical power set.
Roger, making the changes now.

Yeah, that's perfect.

Though I did notice something; our page says that Marika defeated the Gloam Eyed-Queen. Wasn't that Maliketh?

That would be correct yes. Malekith was sent to defeat the Gloam eyed Queen and her apostles as per the description of the Godslayer Greatsword.

Sacred sword of the Gloam-Eyed Queen who controlled the
Godskin Apostles before her defeat at the hands of Maliketh.

The black flames wielded by the apostles are channeled from this
sword.

Perhaps it's meant to mean she defeated her in a similar way to her defeating the Fire Giants by sending Godfrey to do it.

The Fire Giants I get, because the One-Eyed Shield says this
Tricksome shield made from white stone depicting a malformed one-eyed god. The barrel of a firearm pokes through the open mouth.

Once worshipped by the giants, this evil deity is believed to have been slain by Queen Marika.
So we have something that says Marika slew the Fell God, but the Gloam Eyed Queen should probably be removed

I wanted to note as well. The general state of ER profiles is fairly bad at the moment with no descriptions or references for any of their abilities. I may try to rework this in the near future.

I LITERALLY DID, YOU FRIED TURNIP.

Has the reading of lore material for your filthy, inferior fantasy verse rotten away what little remained of your cerebral matter?
Yeh but you didnt say if you accepted it, and yes obviously Fantasy has rotted my brain that should be fairly clear

The manipulation of the Rune of Death or weapons formed out of it should also allow one to bypass Immortality Type 5 for being able to kill Demi-Gods who essentially lived outside of the concepts of life and death.
I don't think there is enough evidence to give type 5 immortality to Demi-Gods,

We know people can die in the Lands Between, and that explains why Those Who Live in Death exists.
Those Who Live in Death are blasphemers and goes against the ideals of the Golden Order as their souls do not join the Erdtree to resurrect or reincarnate, this contradicts the Law of Causation and Regression that the fundamentalists of the Golden Order love so much.

People affected by the Rune of Death die completely, their bodies and souls are killed, which again prevents them from joining the Erdtree and is against the ideals of the Golden Order, and the rune of Fia confirms that this order exists since Marika removed the Rune of Death from the Elden Ring.

All of these things also explain why the Dung Eater was given the death penalty, as he prevents the souls of his victims from joining the Erdtree, an unforgivable crime.

Enia also implied that Demi-Gods can die:
Well, well...I see...A remembrance of gold has found its way into your possession. Demigods, and even the greater of the champions, are hewn by the Erdtree upon their end, into remembrances. They are...valuable indeed. These remembrances yet house the power of their former masters. And should you wish to wield that same power, well... I will lend you the strength of the Fingers. Heh... Do not recoil from my offer. The Fingers guide us all. And you Tarnished, you are here to take, are you not?

But given their powers and their great longevity, none of the Demi-Gods could be killed or die, before the assassination of Godwyn.

If Demigods have Immo 5 while other people in Lands Between can die, that would mean removing or adding a Rune in the Elden Ring only affects Demigods, which contradicts other things established in the lore

Back