• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Is The Theory of Forms Automatically 1-A?

Was wondering because I saw pseudo-platonic conceptual manipulation. Which I guess means the concept transcends and shapes it's reality, but not at a 1-A scale? I wondered how that would affect requirements related to ToFs?

As already said in Concept Manip page. Depends on how ToF is explained in the fictional work, I guess. It could be False ToF, or True ToF.

So no 'Automatically 1-A' to my understanding.

But what makes a False Platonic Concept different from a true one? From my understanding, Plato's Forms exist in a third realm beyond both outer material Universe (macrocosm) and inner Universe of consciousness (microcosm), and the False ones, tho they do dictate all of reality don't exist in this 'third' realm and thus aren't completely atemporal and aspatial

The difference is that the False one trascend a reality by one or more dimensional planes.

The true ones completely trascend all dimensions, and are thus 1-A.

That is the difference after we have concluded if a certain character is a Platonic concept or not

My question is how do we find the difference while reading about a character in fiction

DMB 1 said:
The difference is that the False one trascend a reality by one or more dimensional planes.

The true ones completely trascend all dimensions, and are thus 1-A.
I think the question is "how can we tell the difference?"

If they are described as being 1-A, they are fully Platonic. If not, they are False Platonic. It's as simple as that really.

I'm not familiar with Jungian Archetypes, but if they're basically the same as Platonic concepts, in that they're beyond all spatial and temporal dimensional constructs, then they'd be 1-A.

Back