• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Is Po immortal...? (Kung Fu Panda 3 Spoiler warning)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So in the movie, you become immortal once you die and go to the Spirit Realm like Oogway and Kai did. Po's wuxi finger hold only works on mortals so to defeat Kai, Po basically suicide bombed Kai by doing the Wuxi finger hold on himself. They both went to the Spirit Realm where Po defeated Kai and when Po asked Oogway how to get back from the spirit realm, Oogway replied "I dunno, I've never tried" and Po then just magically does it like that. So Po can go to and from the Spirit Realm at will which means there's no consequence for him dying since he can just come back. Does this make Po immortal?

I think it can cause that's what Po used to kill Tai Long (is that his name? Damn, it's been a while).

It sounds more like soul haxx than outright damage. Also, didn't Shifu say that there was never really such a move? And Po figured it out by himself, as he said in his fight against Tai Lung.

It could just be that Po's chi control is great enough to enter and exit the spirit realm by himself, as he can open the gate and send someone there via Wuxi finger.

Gemmysaur said:
It sounds more like soul haxx than outright damage. Also, didn't Shifu say that there was never really such a move? And Po figured it out by himself, as he said in his fight against Tai Lung.
It could just be that Po's chi control is great enough to enter and exit the spirit realm by himself, as he can open the gate and send someone there via Wuxi finger.
Oh that. Okay, i think he said somehting like that, thanks.

Yeah i kind of read about KP3 just now and apparently he was able to train his chi enough to enter the spirit realm like you said...

Then its debunked. Po is not immortal, though his profile has to be updated to show Wuxi Finger ignoring durability via soul haxx (transporting the soul to the spirit realm) but only works on mortal beings.

If Po can someone how catch him in the finger hold plus not get hit by him, possibly....

That was a joke comment, but okay! XD If all Po has to do is catch them while not getting hit, he can beat ANYONE with the Wuxi Finger Hold just as long as he's faster.

LeopoldTheBrave said:
If Po can someone how catch him in the finger hold plus not get hit by him, possibly....
That was a joke comment, but okay! XD If all Po has to do is catch them while not getting hit, he can beat ANYONE with the Wuxi Finger Hold just as long as he's faster.
It's alright. I just didn't care about it. :p

Well there's also the fact on weather he'll actually get to use it in a fight, if he can survive long enough, and also weather his opponent is a spirit or mortal being since the Wuxi Finger Hold couldn't directly do anything to Kai since he was a spirit...

Oh one more thing!!! In a scroll Oogway wrote about Kai, he mentioned that their battle shook the Earth. This could very well just be simple exaggeration from Oogway, but I just thought it should be mentioned.

It could be an exaggeration, a factual statement (though likely not since they've never been portrayed on the level), or he was referring to earth = ground.

I just figures since some people think Goku shaking the universe = universe or multi-galaxy level, shaking the Earth = planet level or multi-continent level XD

Goku shaking the universe was in his battle with Beerus where we were shown that they were really shaking the universe, considering nearby planets (except DBZ Earth for some half-assed reason) and other celestial bodies got disintegrated with their punch, so yeah.

It depends on how much is shown. In this case, none at all.

Well if anything that should be Range, not Destructive capabilities since universes or galaxies weren't actually destroyed themselves, just things in them. Also Goku only did that with Beerus and hasn't displayed remotely close to that strength anywhere else, but oh well. It's hard to tell with Toriyama's terrible writing. XD

Comic/Manga authors with lack of understanding of how stuff are supposed to interact are to blame I guess.

I mean look at Marvel and their terrible job at work, stemming from their lack of understanding of the word "consistency". Hence, our reliance on databooks despite the site never having to do so with others, and most of which actually ignore.

I only count consistent stats when I do VS debates. Random jolts and falls in power for a brief moment shouldn't be counted. To me, saying Goku is universe or multi-galaxy level because of that one moment that he's never come lose to anywhere else, is like saying his defense is rock level because Krillin hurt him with one XD

IF Po really is Immortal. . .

Then I Guess A Certain White Wolf Reaper cannot kill him!!

Sure; Feline Zorro en Zapatos may have been Screwed against "Death"; But Po wouldn't be; since Po is IMMORTAL!!

I'd Love to see Death vs Po. . .

After all; Both of them are from Dreamworks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back