• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Is Lucifer Vol. 2 Canon to DC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it's cannon to DC, though i could be wrong.

It started somewhat decently but it went bad really quickly.It's a shame really both the Sandman and Lucifer were amazing series but this one gets worse and worse as the story progresses.

The storyline and the plot seems completely ridiculous to be cannon to DC . It's the worst lucifer series without a shadow of a doubt and also the characters portrayed far unimpressive ( even including the presence ) .

@Gwynbleiddd

Wikipedia is also saying things along the lines of Dr. Manhattan is stronger than the like of Lucifer. Comics are getting weird...

Okay.

Manhattan is not stronger than Lucifer unless he shows 1-A feats.

Secondly, it's a direct sequel to a storyline that is canon featuring canon storylines. It just has a severe case of clueless writers.

The average internet nerd thinks that Dr Manhattan is the most powerful being in all of fiction.So i'm not that surprized by this, and Vertigo doesn't seem to care that much about impressive battles, they focus(ed) more on the story (though they had their own share of stupid writting).

@Matthew Well that's unfortunate, it's always sad to something you like turn into something bad.

Gwynbleiddd said:
Have you read the most recent chapter, the presence was lying on a bed (or a throne, idk) asking Raphael to heal him, like wtf?
lucifer iisue #17 was appaling . I don't even know how someone could even write a god tiers that badly . I think the current series seems to focus more on TV shows then the actual comic run .

Well, as Matthew said, it is canon, but also suffers from clueless writers.

Western comicbooks are recurrently extremely inconsistent, but we still have to treat them as a part of continuity.

Any long-term fiction is inconsistent. Big universes like Warhammer and Star Wars are full of them, and so are Live-Action TV Shows like Doctor Who and Supernatural.

^^ The characters that were originally killed in the series are somehow still alive .RIchard Kadrey also thinks that vertigo is seperate from DC and writes in his own way .

Current issue released today. The storyline makes no sense and the writer doesn't treat lucifer and other characters powerful as the old series.

Not only that, but Lucifer acts completely out of character.

Helping people, not killing his son etc.

Also for some reason they treat Michael like a complete fodder.He doesn't even say a word.

According to some twitter statements Holy black and Richard kadrey doesn't know that original run of lucifer being cannon to Dc . They seem to focus more on TV series .She /He treats the story neglecting from Dc continuity. They doesn't even know about the characters in the series from original run .

Well, I don't think it's quite that extreme.

It's not that the storyline doesn't make any sense, it's just that it doesn't mesh well with the tone established in the predecessors, Sandman and Lucifer. This new series wants to be hip and edgy and cool and it isn't that great.

I don't feel Lucifer's out of character. Rather, I believe he's had a lot of character development over the last 15 issues. He's mellowed out considerably, and has become more altruistic / emotive.

Michael is like that because he's brainwashed.

However, I do agree that the way the new writer is treating the power levels is pathetic. At least Holy Black seemed to hide it by not focusing on fights, and keeping shit ambiguous. And it did still feature good feats like angels crossing universes in seconds and punching each other across universes, and Yahweh's statements that Lucy and Michael were invented to create worlds (i.e, all of existence).

But this new run is... weird.

For one thing, Richard doesn't seem to get that the Morningstar powers basically allow you to do everything. Instead he just treats it as enery beams. And he also doesn't get that the Demiurgic Archangels are meant to be >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Everything else. The very idea of Lucifer engaging in combat while at 100% with anyone other than his brothers is ridiculous. And Lucifer apparently needs a sword to manipulate Space-Time now.

In original run , lucifer with a wave of his hand was able to dim all the stars in the creation . Sentinel stars were responsible for forging green lantern central battery and were threatening to tear apart all of creation and manipulated the very energy of void and created infinite doors for every realm , worlds , dimensions including heaven and hell and warped a creation that stretched towards the infinity reaches of space and time until reaching the white void and after being completely axed of his Morningstar powers he was still not only able to comprehend the white void but he was also able to fuse with the void and see countless creations inside it .

The current series haven't displayed 0.1 percent of lucifers true power . I doubt either of the writers are aware of original run and characters roles in the creation.

Hmm. This does seem like a case similar to Demonbane and its relationship to DYN Freaks, which suddenly completely contradicted the established power levels, so we chose to ignore it.

Perhaps we should do the same thing here as well? I don't think that it would really change any of our current power levels, but we would need to rewrite some profile sections for The Presence, etcetera.

Okay, so no profile description changes are necessary then?

Okay. Perhaps we should close this thread then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back