• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Is Issei Hyoudou Country level?

Edit: Since the thread has moved from discussing DBZ to DXD and Issei Hyoudou, I have changed the thread title appropriately so that people do not have to bother restating their points on a new thread.

where did the 50x increase come from? (srry I'm not up to date with ssgss)

We don't know how much the multiplier would be curently since the "50x" thing is outdated,I sugest that we wait for the second saga to come around or/and for a statement from our dear and faithful Akira Toriyama.

Thank you very much.

You might be right. Since Goku's already absorbed the power of SSG, it's like his base now.

Combinning it with SS1 should technically be a 50X boost. If so and confirmed in super then I pity all the haters.

Yes.We need a statement from Akira (even though he doens't like the numbers just like me) on how much is his base form now since it is as high as the SSG form(cause its absorbed),and then you "mathy" people do the 50x thing and calculate his forms.

And I don't doubt that there will be SSGSS 2 and 3 in the future,so those forms will be a tottal different story,not to mention that the fights in the 3rd saga will most likely take place in other universes and there will be more training in the future for Goku.

If you are a person who likes the math part,I believe that there will be much more to come.But,for now lets consetrate on the fist paragraph upwards.

lol I hope there aren't anymore lvl up transformations because DBS needs some hax and new abilites.

I'd hate to one day see a SSGSS4GSS 2.5 Legendary G mode. Regardless of how cool it would look.

lol I agree but being a fangirl is a really bad thing here xD

Serioulsy though I bet that there will be many more abilities to come,every episode and manga chapter is packed with something new.And there will be shortly until they tell us the current statistics maybe.

The idea that SSGSS provides the same increase in stats that Super Saiyan does was shot to hell by RoF itself, in which several statements point to the form still being inferior to Beerus in power. If the form had the same stat increase as the basic Super Saiyan form, it should have put Goku and Vegeta well above Beerus, but, alas, it did not. The only way this might change is if Super does something different with the form than RoF or writes it as explicitly above Beerus.

Unclechairman said:
The idea that SSGSS provides the same increase in stats that Super Saiyan does was shot to hell by RoF itself, in which several statements point to the form still being inferior to Beerus in power. If the form had the same stat increase as the basic Super Saiyan form, it should have put Goku and Vegeta well above Beerus, but, alas, it did not. The only way this might change is if Super does something different with the form than RoF or writes it as explicitly above Beerus.
Pretty much exactly this.

FanofRPGs said:
Phantasys said:
Don't we ignore multipliers as a general rule of thumb?
I hope not, without the SSJ multipliers DBZ is literatelly impossible to calculate

Well I got my retiering for Issei Hyoudou rejected because they told me they ignore all multipliers.

Phantasys said:
FanofRPGs said:
Phantasys said:
I hope not, without the SSJ multipliers DBZ is literatelly impossible to calculate
Well I got my retiering for Issei Hyoudou rejected because they told me they ignore all multipliers.
Can their feats and stats be quantified without multipliers?

Phantasys said:
FanofRPGs said:
Phantasys said:
FanofRPGs said:
Phantasys said:
What do you mean?
For Dragon Ball Z, if multipliers aren't used than there is literatelly no way to quantify them at all. They would only be city level.

Is the show/manga/etc your talking about like that?

FanofRPGs said:
Phantasys said:
FanofRPGs said:
Phantasys said:
FanofRPGs said:
Phantasys said:
What do you mean?
For Dragon Ball Z, if multipliers aren't used than there is literatelly no way to quantify them at all. They would only be city level.
Is the show/manga/etc your talking about like that?

Well they've only got a few feats but it's based on a Light Novel as the main canon (so very little visuals) and the story's an eichi so the anime's more focused on "other things".

They've still got the main character at mountain level even though that feat was 15 volumes and half a dozen powerups ago.

isn't grafiya from DXD like country+ ?

putting Issie at mountain lvl+ is generous enough considering his power comes from the gauntlet and the only factors slowing him from getting stronger is time in the fight and his own body's limit of handling it.

I doubt he'd pass the moon lvl feat considering Sirzechs is likely continent lvl.

IcarusXI said:
isn't grafiya from DXD like country+ ?
putting Issie at mountain lvl+ is generous enough considering his power comes from the gauntlet and the only factors slowing him from getting stronger is time in the fight and his own body's limit of handling it.

I doubt he'd pass the moon lvl feat considering Sirzechs is likely continent lvl.

What do you mean generous enough? Did you even read the light novels or do you just watch the anime?

IcarusXI said:
Ive watched the anime and I know he gets way stronger and gets a sword from gabriel as well in the LN.
My point was his own power is most likey around mountain lvl+ at base and with boosted gear he gets high increase in power but that depends on how much an opponent would let him power up. Kinda like the SS forms but you should know that it takes time to boost and even then his body can take so much. I'm not that far on the LN but I doubt he's found a loophole to bypass the limit of power his body can take.

Point is he can be country lvl but in a fight to the death with characters from other verses, they won't let him boost as much as he wants and anyone with a base lvl of country could snipe him before he reaches his max.

"Watched the anime" *Facepalms*

Ive watched the anime and I know he gets way stronger and gets a sword from gabriel as well in the LN.

My point was his own power is most likey around mountain lvl+ at base and with boosted gear he gets high increase in power but that depends on how much an opponent would let him power up. Kinda like the SS forms but you should know that it takes time to boost and even then his body can take so much. I'm not that far on the LN but I doubt he's found a loophole to bypass the limit of power his body can take.

Point is he can be country lvl but in a fight to the death with characters from other verses, they won't let him boost as much as he wants and anyone with a base lvl of country could snipe him before he reaches his max.

IcarusXI said:

Issei has been shown to be able to boost around 14 times in a split second in the heat of battle. He's done that countless times during his fights against the Hero Faction and during rating games such as the one against Sairaorg.

Yeah...limit...if you've gotten to Vol.12 then you'd know he'd gotten past his body.

14 times isn't that much, impressive yes but I don't see that as getting him to continent and moon lvl yet.

Again I agree he can boost a lot but it does have a time limit and body limit, if he can do a 1000 or 10k increase in a minute then I'd back you up on him getting a moon or planet tier upgrade.

IcarusXI said:
14 times isn't that much, impressive yes but I don't see that as getting him to continent and moon lvl yet.
Again I agree he can boost a lot but it does have a time limit and body limit, if he can do a 1000 or 10k increase in a minute then I'd back you up on him getting a moon or planet tier upgrade.

You do understand that 14 doublings makes him over 16thousand times stronger/faster than he was before right? I've calculated it, he's at least 6-B.

but what's his base? he's stated to be pitiful without his gear and if he can bust a large building on his own then 14x puts his at island lvl+ or higher. not to mention again the time limit

but what's his base? he's stated to be pitiful without his gear and if he can bust a large building on his own then 14x puts his at island lvl+ or higher. not to mention again the time limit

IcarusXI said:

His base is mountain buster! In Vol.5 upon just reaching Balance Breaker he completely erased a mountain without boosting. Pitiful? Maybe at the start of the series, in later volumes he can dragonify without the using boosted gear and casually rip through magical defenses with sheer might yet have enough control as to not kill the target.

1) Why is High School DXD being discussed here.

2) I believe I stated "Multipliers can't be used for any verse regardless of what ever is stated if feats aren't provided to support the multipliers or unless they're very descriptive. If Issie actually showed feats on the level you're suggesting then these multipliers possibly could be used but I don't remember any Country Level feats (not statements) from High School DXD."

Also I believe I said "Busting a mountain will not result in Mountain Level energy depending on the size of the mountain. In fact we're actually being generous by rating it as even City Level" so where did ya even get that Issie in base is Mountain Level.

Unless High School DXD shows feats they're not gonna get upgraded based on a multiplier.

Also on the topic of the SSGSS multiplier. Unless Goku actually shows feats which support a 50X increase in his battle with Beerus a 50X increase isn't gonna be accepted...

SchutzenDunkelZiel1217 said:
1) Why is High School DXD being discussed here.
2) I believe I stated "Multipliers can't be used for any verse regardless of what ever is stated if feats aren't provided to support the multipliers or unless they're very descriptive. If Issie actually showed feats on the level you're suggesting then these multipliers possibly could be used but I don't remember any Country Level feats (not statements) from High School DXD."

Also I believe I said "Busting a mountain will not result in Mountain Level energy depending on the size of the mountain. In fact we're actually being generous by rating it as even City Level" so where did ya even get that Issie in base is Mountain Level.

Unless High School DXD shows feats they're not gonna get upgraded based on a multiplier.

Also on the topic of the SSGSS multiplier. Unless Goku actually shows feats which support a 50X increase in his battle with Beerus a 50X increase isn't gonna be accepted...

Are you KIDDING ME?!?!? I thought you knew some basic knowledge about DxD! Vol.5 was EXPLICIT about him destroying a mountain completely without boosting!

https://******************/project/index.php?title=High_School_DxD:Volume_5_Life_3

Also the size of the mountain can reasonably be assumed to be large because the underworld doesn't have oceans. Most of our mountains are either partially or mostly under water and we only count the parts above sea level.

No you can't if the size of the mountain isn't stated and as we can't use pixel scaling here we always have to assume the lowest possible size that's the way it goes so as to avoid needless arguments.

Also forgot it mention this as well it also depends on the method of destruction. Whether if it was Fragmentation, Violent Fragmentation, Pulverization or Vaporization. Each will yield a different energy result.

So I ask again from where did ya even get that Issie in base is Mountain Level.

No you can't if the size of the mountain isn't stated and as we can't use pixel scaling here we always have to assume the lowest possible size that's the way it goes so as to avoid needless arguments.
Also forgot it mention this as well it also depends on the method of destruction. Whether if it was Fragmentation, Violent Fragmentation, Pulverization or Vaporization. Each will yield a different energy result.

So I ask again from where did ya even get that Issie in base is Mountain Level.

He did it without boosting, this was also 15 volumes ago. The mountain "completely vanished", it wasn't reduced to rubble or collapsed it "completely vanished" that sounds like vaporization to me.

Look here.

Frieza decades before the Namek Saga was Large Planet Level and this is without transforming meaning that he apparently used less than 1 percent of his power. Now in the Namek Saga Goku nearly kills him. A few years later he returns... and get's one-shotted by Trunks. After that the androids practically stomp the hell out of all the Z fighters. And now let's look at one of the android's profile and compare it to Frieza. Well apparently Android 18 has the same stats as Frieza in the Namek Saga.

And here this is what I'm trying to prove here. We all know Android 18 is far superior to Namek Saga Frieza yet we rate her at the same level as Namek Saga Frieza because DBZ had no feats to support any higher levels of power.

Similarly Issie may have gotten a lot stronger but unless he actually showcases that he has gotten much stronger through feats we can't rate him higher than the level he is shown to be at.

Also Vaporization can never as far as I know be used for Light Novel feats unless it's specifically stated to be that.

And "completely vanished" can easily mean fragmentation or violent fragmentation.

I agree with phantasy, the feat has been done in the LN vol 5, without boosting and it vanished and that's complete destruction but he' cant fire consecutive shots so he's not a casual mountain buster either. the size isn't stated so... but still a worthy feat.

Look here.
Frieza decades before the Namek Saga was Large Planet Level and this is without transforming meaning that he apparently used less than 1 percent of his power. Now in the Namek Saga Goku nearly kills him. A few years later he returns... and get's one-shotted by Trunks. After that the androids practically stomp the hell out of all the Z fighters. And now let's look at one of the android's profile and compare it to Frieza. Well apparently Android 18 has the same stats as Frieza in the Namek Saga.

And here this is what I'm trying to prove here. We all know Android 18 is far superior to Namek Saga Frieza yet we rate her at the same level as Namek Saga Frieza because DBZ had no feats to support any higher levels of power.

Similarly Issie may have gotten a lot stronger but unless he actually showcases that he has gotten much stronger through feats we can't rate him higher than the level he is shown to be at.

Also Vaporization can never as far as I know be used for Light Novel feats unless it's specifically stated to be that.

And "completely vanished" can easily mean fragmentation or violent fragmentation.
Arrrgh...fine. Hopefully the manga adaptation does the series justice.

I doubt that the manga would do much justice considering how slow it was. Anyhow if ya seriously want to upgrade the stats of the DXD characters I'd suggest making or finding a calc for destroying the Kyoto replica.

Should I rename this thread to "Is Issei Hyoudou Country level"? Because we're obviously not discussing anything related to DBZ or SSGSS.

Back