• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Is cthulhu mythos the strongest verse in fiction?

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol I supposed that sort of makes sense. I supposed no one really knows what would happen if he woke up. If everything was part of his dream would he also dissapear if he woke up then? Or would there be just nothing else that remained until he slept again?

lol I see. so everything just returns to him then. Be pretty weird if you wake up and nothing else is there lol. Just go back to sleep again.

Thats why every depicition of azazoth is IT surrounded by instrument playing creatures. They constantly play to keep IT asleep.

lol, I wonder if azathoth has any kind of avatar while asleep. like when you're dreaming you are still a person you can control lol

Lol, are you saying that Nya would be the avatar or that Nya could create infinite avatars?

Also if Yog is all of existence, than does that mean he could control everyone or that he is everyone? Why would there be any need for conflict? No one could really stand up to Yog or even try to right?

lol. Someone made an argument that the one above all should be tier 0 because he represents the author, but I thought that the law of identity does it in the same way only to an infinite degree.

The name the one above all sounds pretty arrogant tbh lol, it isn't even a real name for one

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
Everything within the Realm of Witches should be 1-B/High 1-B (Voyagers can climb as high up that staircase as they so desire).

All this is secondary things. The essence of any creature out there belongs to the transcendent nothingness. Their evolution is actually is a depth increase of the inner worlds. Any dimensional rubbish will not do anything to them. I do not even say that the difference between the layers is greater than that between the physical dimensions. Why did they not 1-A? Because it is debatable whether they can influence any number or dimensions or not. Think of it as an intangible beings with limited influence on physical matter.

I had first thought that the difference between stair cases was like reality and fiction, but I suppose it's only a dimensiona difference lol.

But Featherine is Tier High 1-A because she is at the border of the creator?

Aurasuke said:
The name the one above all sounds pretty arrogant tbh lol, it isn't even a real name for one
It is terribly arrogant, but when you look at his origins you can at least acquiesce to his excuse.

The One Above All was originally stated to be a being above and creator of the omniverse which is, essentially, all of fiction, or at least until this was later retconned into something far less.

Aurasuke said:
I had first thought that the difference between stair cases was like reality and fiction, but I suppose it's only a dimensiona difference lol.
But Featherine is Tier High 1-A because she is at the border of the creator?

You can even hear me? Yes, the difference between the steps is the difference between reality and fiction, and it is greater than the difference between physical dimensions. But the hierarchy exist within a transcendent abyss of nothingness. And the essences of all beings belong to this dimensionless and storyless nothingness. It's domain of witches.

The transcendence to this domain, all these beings and hierarchies is the reason why Featherine is high 1-A.

I do not think that the Cthulhu Mythos are the strongest in fiction. But they are probably if we are talking about..."Mainstream" fiction? It is clearly a well know and well aknowleddge fiction that everybody can accept their power levels as something logical. So. If you disregard those fanfiction, webcomics and such things. Yes. It may be the strongest verse in fiction.

Hmm, I just suppose when I hear the difference between reality and fiction, I think of a being who can see a reality such as the one from Chuthulu Mythos which has realities beyond all dimensions, that has infinite dimensions, and multiverses etc. and having Azatoth the ultimate god of that "reality" being seen as a flat piece of paper by a being of a higher dimension.

I suppose that may not be the definition of their 'reality'.

TheMightyRegulator said:
Aurasuke said:
It is terribly arrogant, but when you look at his origins you can at least acquiesce to his excuse.

The One Above All was originally stated to be a being above and creator of the omniverse which is, essentially, all of fiction, or at least until this was later retconned into something far less.
Well, I don't know, but there's something else people need to know about The One Above All, that truly convinces me that he's Tier 0.

https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/197141#6

If someone still not understand, I'll say it straight. An infinite number of low tier dimensionless beings are nothing special and nothing spectacular. The difference between high and low 1-A of not less than the difference between high and low 1-B.

Aurasuke said:
I suppose that may not be the definition of their 'reality'.

Who knows. By feats this difference at least some levels greater than the difference between dimensions. 3-D and 5-D from lower layer are just slightly different words for higher layer being.

lol, it's funny how all higher dimensional beings like the living tribunal who is sixteen dimensions looks like a giant three dimensional space alien.

The authors use words such as infinite dimensions without even really understanding what they are implying. 10 dimensions is pretty much controlling all possible time lines, all different states from which the universe could have began (like different from the big bang), universes with different constants (such as the speed of light or gravity), and different laws (such as different laws that are not gravity or electromagnetic forces, that operate on different principals), as well as the possibility of existence according to string theory.

Anyone who can really define anything that is 11 dimensions simply wants to create a character more powerful than the last boss he made for the protagonist lol.

In a way no author can actually make a being higher than ten dimensions, and any being who is simply has reality warping feats that can modify up to ten dimensions.

The problem with modifying higher than ten dimensions is that there isn't really anything else left we know that can be modified.

Sure they could add rules like all 10 dimensional complexes of multiverses exist in "reality bubbles" that are eleven dimensional, but in a way it kind of just adds another layer without adding any new rules that we have yet to define in earlier dimensions.

The only difference I could think of that is beyond 10 dimensions is if one were to say the difference between reality and fiction.

Reality and Fiction are not bound by any dimensions (according to string theory at least) because the difference is so great (if you think about it does make sense. Any tier 0 character is infinitely below real life people).

Thus a difference in reality and fiction may be beyond a 10 dimensinal framework.

Well I suppose that's a better explanation. Still though I suppose for anything like battles they have to use 3d characters because seeing 16 dimensional characters fight would probably be like seeing the foot prints of two humans fightning for 2d characters lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back