• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Is cthulhu mythos the strongest verse in fiction?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was watching the cthulhu mythos profiles and there are a lot of 1A characters and really powerful creatures. Are my guesses true? (excuse my english is not my primary language )

It's virtually impossible to determine the strongest verse in fiction (Since, after all, no one can know all of fiction). However, it is the strongest verse on this wiki.

The Everlasting said:
However, it is the strongest verse on this wiki.
^That is just speculation, since something like advantage of numbers wouldn't even matter on High 1-A or above level. We talk about beings that are above math after all.

since the verse has pretty much infinite 1-As with the outer gods and Azathoth who's 0, that gives the verse a very real edge. what I mean is that in a verse war, two tier 0s just sort of cancel each other out so it comes down to the 1-As to decide victory, and since Cthulhu has infinite 1-As, beating them would require a tier 0, which would be deadlocked with Azathoth and unable to help

A6colute said:
The strongest fictional verse... is not exists.
Pretty much exactly this. It's impossible to actually determine what is the "strongest".

You could make an argument for something to be one of the strongest, but arguing for the absolute strongest is arguing from ignorance.

TheMightyRegulator said:
It is usually considered to be as such, yes.
Since when? I'd say it's one of the strongest I can think of, but I can't actually think of a "strongest" verse, and I'm pretty familiar with the mythos.

Squid peanut said:
since the verse has pretty much infinite 1-As with the outer gods and Azathoth who's 0, that gives the verse a very real edge. what I mean is that in a verse war, two tier 0s just sort of cancel each other out so it comes down to the 1-As to decide victory, and since Cthulhu has infinite 1-As, beating them would require a tier 0, which would be deadlocked with Azathoth and unable to help

That is a mathematical argument which doesn't apply to beings above the concept of math.

Also Tier 0 easily wins against another Tier 0 by the definition of omnipotence. They are just questionable omnipotent, given that such a thing can not be proven in fiction, but if any two are actual omnipotents (which is the assumption one should go with in such an case) they both win easily against each other. That is just the strange way omnipotence works.

The mistake here is the assumption that two High 1-A or Tier 0 beings woulds stalemate each other. That isn't the case, one will simply be stronger then the other. It is not that the battle is a draw, it just is undecidable who wins, because we can not think or decide on the result of an battle completly beyond our understanding. (In some cases one can determine which High 1-A wins, but by far not always and never for Tier 0)

So for short I stay by my word, the best way to decide on this is to not decide on it, because you don't have any legitimate basis to make such an decision at this level of power.

Original Question: Strongest fictional verse?

Answer: Impossible to determine, quite similar to how it is impossible to determine which is the strongest character.

Additionally, as DontTalk said, being in tier 1 and above are beyond math. An infinite number of 1-A might be defeated by a High 1-A, or an infinite number of High 1-A might be defeated by another High 1-A. Counting is not really the most accurate way to determine strength in a clash between beings of tier 1.

Revised Question: Fictional verse with the most number of incredibly strong characters?

Answer: Most likely so.

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
TheMightyRegulator said:
It is usually considered to be as such, yes.
Since when? I'd say it's one of the strongest I can think of, but I can't actually think of a "strongest" verse, and I'm pretty familiar with the mythos.
I recall there was something like a poll on this site listing the strongest verses with After the seagulls cry as second place and ChulthoMythos in first place so I assumed this site considered this to be true. Can't find it again though, so I could be wrong.

TheMightyRegulator said:
I recall there was something like a poll on this site listing the strongest verses with After the seagulls cry as second place and ChulthoMythos in first place so I assumed this site considered this to be true. Can't find it again though, so I could be wrong.
Pretty sure that was just one person's personal list.

Yes, Cthulhu Mythos is the strongest fictional universe of our days (2015). There is infinite amount of 1-A Gods who are above infinite dimensional multiverses and these multiverses are atoms to them:

"The main body of the beings inhabits strangely organized abysses wholly beyond the utmost reach of any human imagination. The space-time globule which we recognize as the totality of all cosmic entity is only an atom in the genuine infinity which is theirs."

I/O - this fictional universe is second in power. They have ~15 1-As.

Demonbane - this universe have ~10 1-As and it is #3 in my list of most powerful universes.

DontTalk said:
That is a mathematical argument which doesn't apply to beings above the concept of math.

Also Tier 0 easily wins against another Tier 0 by the definition of omnipotence. They are just questionable omnipotent, given that such a thing can not be proven in fiction, but if any two are actual omnipotents (which is the assumption one should go with in such an case) they both win easily against each other. That is just the strange way omnipotence works.

The mistake here is the assumption that two High 1-A or Tier 0 beings woulds stalemate each other. That isn't the case, one will simply be stronger then the other. It is not that the battle is a draw, it just is undecidable who wins, because we can not think or decide on the result of an battle completly beyond our understanding. (In some cases one can determine which High 1-A wins, but by far not always and never for Tier 0)

So for short I stay by my word, the best way to decide on this is to not decide on it, because you don't have any legitimate basis to make such an decision at this level of power.
Ah, I apologise for my ignorance the

Well, I think that DontTalk accurately covered most of the valid points regarding this topic.

Issue with debating "Strongest verse in fiction" is that I can easily just say "Anti-Cthulhu Mythos verse has beings made out of infinite Azathoth's as low-level garbage" and then that'd be the "strongest".

LordXcano said:
Issue with debating "Strongest verse in fiction" is that I can easily just say "Anti-Cthulhu Mythos verse has beings made out of infinite Azathoth's as low-level garbage" and then that'd be the "strongest".
that would be suggsverse and we don't generally consider things like that

Then, as DontTalk mentioned before, we also run into math and logic problems (due to every single tier 1-A being completely beyond such things), which can make it impossible to determine what is "strongest" with 100% certainty.

Lol, well for the strongest verse, probably not. There's probably some random author who wrote two lines in his story and published it.

"Once upon a time there was a truly omnipotent god, the end"

And thus being omnipotent they are technically beyond tier 0 which is just questionably omnipotent, (though they would probably be placed in tier 0 anyway in vs battle".

And thus that would be considered one of the strongest fictional verses.

In the end I suppose you have to use the word quality. Is it one of the strongest verses that people care about and read. Well probably? But tbh I only know about Chuthulu Mythos from watching an anime called Nyarko another crawling Chaos, and Demonbane. Not sure if people nowdays enjoy reading century old text.

To be honest, I may have read something like Cthulu Mythos if everyone didn't look like some tencacle monster god lol (and if I didn't have exams every other week), it just seemed strange how the author decided to put something so bizzare as a god in his work.

I mean if the outer gods had no physical form it would have made more sense, because they were beyond the need for something like bodies, though they may have needed to create avatars in order to be seen by lower dimensional beings.

To be honest, if we take everything into account though, Chutulu sees infinite dimensions and maybe even beyond infinite dimensions as nothing as a single atom.

Everything within the Cthulu is within Azazoth's dream.

How would that compare though to something that could create a reality that was higher than actual reality, or create infinite realities that made normal reality look like fiction?

It just seems like a molecule is at least real, if one has the power to make reality look like fiction, then it goes beyond the realm of any higher dimension or even beyond dimensions.

But I suppose one would argue one reality may not have 'infinite dimensions" or "be beyond infinite dimensions infinitely".

The Outer Gods don't have actual forms. It's just how lesser beings view them. Yog only appears as glowing spheres to a 3-D being.

Everything is part of Azathoth's dream, including Yog, who is literally everything (dimensions, concepts, ideas, existence, nonexistence), meaning anything that can or can't be described is all in Azathoth's head. That's the whole idea. If you can think of it (or even if you can't), it's just part of Azzy's dream. That's really the only purpose he serves. To be the dreamer.

I noticed that many people have been stating how this verse has the highest number of Tier High 1-A, and tier 1-A which is probably true, but in a verse like Umeiko, isn't it stated that there's an infinite stair case with Featherine at the top and the creator that exists outside all of it? Doesn't that mean that there's also an infinite number of beings within those staircases that can be considered tier A or higher tier 1-A even if they are never mentioned or named in the story?

Everything within the Realm of Witches should be 1-B/High 1-B (Voyagers can climb as high up that staircase as they so desire). The things beyond it should be 1-A. As for the highest number of 1-A characters, can't say for sure, and at that level, it hardly matters. I think Dies Irae has a pretty damn high number though, IIRC.

Lol, I see. I always wondered though if Azathoth is dreaming where does he reside? Is he in some kind of higher reality or is he part of his own dream?

What happens if he awakes? Does he get to walk around? Is he omnipotent outside of his dream as well? lol I guess it's just been bothering me a little.

Aurasuke said:
Lol, I see. I always wondered though if Azathoth is dreaming where does he reside? Is he in some kind of higher reality or is he part of his own dream?
What happens if he awakes? Does he get to walk around? Is he omnipotent outside of his dream as well? lol I guess it's just been bothering me a little.
It's always described as "the center of existence", like everything he dreams forms around him instead of inside of him.

Nobody knows. One also couldn't really say if he's questionably omnipotent after waking up, because that's also just another idea that was real because of his dreams. I'd assume so, because it's all just part of his subconscious, after all. Was always left ambiguous, though (as most of the mythos is).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back