• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

is 8 bit threater allowed in the wiki

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agnaa said:
But there's a lot of ******* pages, it's been less than a day, and RvB has survived through threads like this before. If this thread is too derailed we could start a new one about it, or just try to stop the conversation about 8BIT.
Perfectly valid I wasn't trying to push for the immediate deletion just listing one of our options if it comes to that. My apologies for any annoyance I have caused. Though I agree we either need a new thread or to stop focusing on eight bit theater when we've already reached a conclusion.

The pen or the sword said:
Livinmeme said:
okay explain the problem because i explain that is a parody who in the time has a shop who difirences enough to not be considered a fan fiction and also the character who are drastaclly diferent from the final fantasy
Having a shop is meaningless, as stated previously other countries have a very different take on fanfiction and fan creations then we do. Allowing people to profit off fannon and fancreations is far more normalized in other areas of the world. Heck japan practically celebrates them.
yes but that was from EUA

And? Them not being sued for copyright isn't exactly a standing ovation that they aren't fanfiction it just means they haven't had any issues profiting off their work, good for them! It doesn't change the fact it is fanfiction.

And? Them not being sued for copyright isn't exactly a standing ovation that they aren't fanfiction it just means they haven't had any issues profiting off their work, good for them! It doesn't change the fact it is fanfiction.
okay what other arguments is that a fan fiction damit i think you even read the web comic

becuase this thread is basically someone say me that is a fan fiction i say that is not then someone say me that is a fan fiction but with other reasons

Ionliosite said:
Livinmeme said:
also i mean that he was sued because he is not fan fiction and the series is independent
... He was sued? Why was he?
sorry i refer that he was not sued and probally whas that because is not classified as fan fiction especially when a fan fiction who sell products at least is not considered as fan fiction

Japan is an example of a country that sells products of fanfic, doesn't stop it from being fanfic. And how does not being sued have to do with this then?

Ionliosite said:
Japan is an example of a country that sells products of fanfic, doesn't stop it from being fanfic. And how does not being sued have to do with this then?
because was from EUA

Ionliosite said:
Totally not jealous I cant sell my crappy fanfictio

Not being sued and things being sold doesn't mean something isn't fanfiction. I mentioned japans stance on fanfiction to show something being sold/profited off doesn't instantly make it not fanfiction. Its irrelevant in the grand scheme of things.

Ionliosite said:
Totally not jealous I cant sell my crappy fanfictio
Not being sued and things being sold doesn't mean something isn't fanfiction. I mentioned japans stance on fanfiction to show something being sold/profited off doesn't instantly make it not fanfiction. Its irrelevant in the grand scheme of things.
yes but was from EUA you can´t compare the market from japon to the EUA

DBZ Abridged also sell their things. It can be abridged, parody or fanfiction and still sells their products. But at the end it still not an original work, it's a fanfiction.

Ha

Hahaha

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

No.

After looking into it, this is clearly a Final Fantasy fanfiction and will be treated as such. I have already deleted Sarda's page.

If you want to make the page again, do so on the FC/OC Battles Wiki. Otherwise, we're done here.

Starter Pack said:
Ha
Hahaha

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

No.

After looking into it, this is clearly a Final Fantasy fanfiction and will be treated as such. I have already deleted Sarda's page.

If you want to make the page again, do so on the FC/OC Battles Wiki. Otherwise, we're done here.
okay can stop from a second to ignore my coments do you even read the series instantlly you know that is a parody

plus tv tropes takes him like a parodies so yeah you can´t say that is a fan fiction if you don´t read the series is like saying that book suck witouth even reading please if you dont know what where are talking abstain

Tv tropes list it as a parody and fanfiction...
yeah but the thing is that when is mentioned in a trope is put in web comics who is diferent from fan fiction

Livinmeme said:
plus tv tropes takes him like a parodies so yeah you can´t say that is a fan fiction
Why is being parody suddenly stopping it from being fanfic? There are parodical fanfics, you know?

I read the first couple of pages actually. It's a parody in the same way that's Robot Chicken is a parody. It takes characters, plot elements and assets from the series to make fun of it.

In other words, no, it's a fanfic, no matter how much to whine and complain. If the creator made his own characters that were reminiscent of FF characters, then it would be different. But as it stands, it goes against the rules of the wiki.

Ionliosite said:
Livinmeme said:
plus tv tropes takes him like a parodies so yeah you can´t say that is a fan fiction
Why is being parody suddenly stopping it from being fanfic? There are parodical fanfics, you know?
yes but 8BIT fall in the category parody referential parody

yes but 8BIT fall in the category parody referential parody

So like, Robot Chicken and MAD? That's still fanfic.

Ionliosite said:
yes but 8BIT fall in the category parody referential parody So like, Robot Chicken and MAD? That's still fanfic.
no is more like bobo or gintama

also im pretty sure that is considered fan fiction because they cannot mantain themselves not like 8BIT who has a history and not everything is final fantasy

Well, at least we can move onto deciding Red vs Blue's status now.

Ionliosite said:
Agnaa said:
Well, at least we can move onto deciding Red vs Blue's status now.
Well, that depends, outside of using Halo's sprites, what else does it use? Setting? Characters?
history and other things but im pretty sure that is also a parody

From what I could tell via light searching the characters are all original, setting and sprites are both copied from halo but I think the story is pretty disconnected. But I cant say much more then that.

From what I could tell via light searching the characters are all original, setting and sprites are both copied from halo and I think the storie's pretty disconnected. But I cant say much more then that.
you should talk with a person who know

Well, that depends, outside of using Halo's sprites, what else does it use? Setting? Characters?
history and other things but im pretty sure that is also a parody

Again, being a parody doesn't stop it from being fanfic.

Ionliosite said:
history and other things but im pretty sure that is also a parody Again, being a parody doesn't stop it from being fanfic.
i said that i dont know much about the verse also im pretty sure that having a history that is not totally regid by the references will make you a original product

Let me spell this out clearly for you.

Another sprite comic, The NPCs, which also makes fun of video game logic on all levels, would be allowed on the wiki despite clearly using assets from RPG Maker. This is because the creator of this comic invented their own universe to set things in, rather than falling back on any specific characters or setpieces like in 8-Bit Theater.

Same thing with Red vs Blue. Despite the fact that it clearly uses Halo models in its videos, the series creates its own universe with its own unique character and locations, without just borrowing things from Halo. Something that 8-Bit Theater fails at almost right away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back