• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

is 8 bit threater allowed in the wiki

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eight bit is already nuked due to being a fanfiction of final fantasy/being purely fannon. We simply wish to know what differentiates red vs blue from halo.

Gintama is an original manga/anime with an original cast of character, original arcs, original story. This is not a fanfiction.

8Bit uses FF characters, plot stories but at the same time it changes some of their personalities and adding other key points same like a novel on Fanfiction.net. This isn't an original story that debuted with original cast and plot.

Livinmeme said:
Dragonmasterxyz said:
You realize that only you look like an idiot here. I never said Gintama was a totally serious series. Gintama is a gag series with serious arcs (more than 5 btw). Gintama's gags are also not only parodies. Try again.
also i was saying that most of his jokes are referencial not refering to the serious arc
That's not even most of Gintama's jokes. You really think those two less that 15min videos represents all of Gintama's jokes?

@Weekly Livinmeme is performing sophistry for 8-Bit Theater staying and no-one is buying it, and its pages have been deleted.

Other people have brought up arguments for why RvB should be deleted too.

Cropfist said:
>focus on blood gulch and spartan armor

>established in Halo timeline

>covenant

>reference to forerunners

>UNSC

>"it's completely original with few halo references"

actually it might be closer to SMG4 which has mario stuff but also original characters and storyline
EDIT: @Everyone else, like I said, arguing against Livinmeme doesn't seem to be productive, and we've reached a strong consensus otherwise. So can we focus on the RvB discussion?

Zaratthustra said:
Gintama is an original manga/anime with an original cast of character, original arcs, original story. This is not a fanfiction.
8Bit uses FF characters, plot stories but at the same time it changes some of their personalities and adding other key points same like a novel on Fanfiction.net. This isn't an original story that debuted with original cast and plot.
no first is the history second are the jokes and third are the references who are that many

The pen or the sword said:
Eight bit is already nuked due to being a fanfiction of final fantasy/being purely fannon. We simply wish to know what differentiates red vs blue from halo.
Original characters, original storyline, very few references to actual halo, and officially lisenced by microsoft in some capacity as RT is allowed to legally sell it on DVD and stream it on netflix

Livinmeme said:
Zaratthustra said:
no first is the history second are the jokes and third are the references who are that many
also do you know that most of the time they create there own adventures the history in the begining is similar but then become pretty diferent

Hmm sounds good, though id say it being sold/liscensed isn't really a criteria for it being allowed. As Ive stated before selling something isn't a deciding factor in qaulifying something as fannon or not.

Hmm sounds good, though id say it being sold/liscensed isn't really a criteria for it being allowed. As Ive stated before selling something isn't a deciding factor in qaulifying something as fannon or not.
Selling something shouldn't be, but being licensed by the original property holders should be, imo, if Weekly can cite a source for that we should be golden.

Livinmeme said:
If this is referring to Gintama then you only prove that you've only looked at a few episodes scattered about. Just stop talking, you are speaking nonsense and are merely showing how ignorant you are of the material you are using as an example.

okay i din´t explaing good but a joke in the series is that they tried to make something similar to the history of FF but then beging something absulote stupid i beg you at least read a litle of the series and you know that series is weird with his argument

Agnaa said:
Selling something shouldn't be, but being licensed by the original property holders should be, imo, if Weekly can cite a source for that we should be golden.
fair enough if it's liscensed it should be enough, Im just a bit fried atm aplogies.

Agnaa said:
fair enough if it's liscensed it should be enough, Im just a bit fried atm aplogies.
well they sold things after but now the creator is focus in other projcets

@Livinmeme But the rights holders didn't sell those things. Show me where Nintendo or Square Enix has sold 8-Bit Theater stuff, then you'd have a point.

Agnaa said:
@Livinmeme But the rights holders didn't sell those things. Show me where Nintendo or Square Enix has sold 8-Bit Theater stuff, then you'd have a point.
no my point that is technically legal by free use so he can say and free use can be used if is a parody so yeah even legally is acepted as a parody and i don´t think you can change that

RvB isnt a parody, it is a completely original story licensed by Microsoft that just used models from Halo as its story telling medium

Elizhaa said:
In my view, since 8-Bit Theater and Red vs Blue are fanon from what I read, the verse pages should be deleted; the pages can move be to FC/OC or other wiki were they are acceptable.
Red vs Blue is the kind of thing that originated as a parody video series of Halo that uses Halo as the engine for its production that later on in the series started using original animation with a whole team.

Red vs Blue is 100% not Fanfiction in absolutely anyway other than a throwaway comment about Master Chief in season 1.

Red vs Blue after some seasons became an original IP with its own copyright distinguishing its relation from Halo in terms of an IP.

Strictly legally speaking Halo has no grounds over control of Red vs Blue, which includes Microsoft.

We are going to see the law says that it is a parody because there is no explanation of how a place specialized in this type of thing could sell the products. It says that it is a web comic that is different from a fanfic that the series also recognizes as a parody.

well the law say that is parody and not a fan fiction because im pretty sure that they were sued

Look I'm sure english isn't your first language but can you please take a bit more time with your post they can be a bit difficult to decipher.

Something can be a parody and still be fanfiction as stated before.

Since it seems red vs blue doesn't have the same issues as eight bit theater I guess this would be fine to close.

well the story is totally different the only thing similar is the search for the orbs in fact they never mention FF directly

the only part whas that also they legally sell products so i don´t see why is considered a fan fiction

Look I'm sure english isn't your first language but can you please take a bit more time with your post they can be a bit difficult to decipher.
Something can be a parody and still be fanfiction as stated before.

Since it seems red vs blue doesn't have the same issues as eight bit theater I guess this would be fine to close.
but 8BIT legally send

okay someone can explain exaclty why 8BIT is so inspired in FF not superficial things that are the free use also by that logic SCP will not be banned

From what i can tell 8bit is less like RvB and more like Smashtasm/Beans/whatever they named that Super Smash Bros youtube series

It is.

Like I said dozens of posts ago, I don't think there's reasoning with Livinmeme about this, so can we just stop responding to him? I would say to close the thread, but I wanna make sure that everyone's cool with the reasoning for it staying (that it's officially licensed by and partnered with Halo's creators).

If it Red vs Blue have a some form of valid license then I am fine with it staying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back