• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

is 8 bit threater allowed in the wiki

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you wait dude? You're always in such a rush... Even if RvB is found to be similar enough, then imo that should just mean that RvB's deleted as well as 8-Bit Theater.

Yeah, we have an entire week. This should get resolved in a few days. And after the forums close, they'll be up again before too long.

And because I see no logical difference between it and other AU fanfiction. If its only defense is that RvB's here which is kinda similar (but less extreme), then we should just delete both.

Yeah, reading this thread, I actually think it would make more sense to delete both because they seem like AU Fanfics more than any original work.

I'm familiar with 8BT... and it is fanfiction, technically. It doesn't feel like it at all when reading it, but it does have the same characters and the like. I wish it was usable, but I don't think it is.

you even read 8-bit threather is not fac fiction maybe begin as fan fiction but then change and in the end is definitely not fan fiction

It mostly has a different story, but it shares over half a dozen characters and takes a bunch of assets from FF. Even if those characters have different personalities, there's no distinction between it an an abridged series or AU fanfic.

Agnaa said:
It mostly has a different story, but it shares over half a dozen characters and takes a bunch of assets from FF. Even if those characters have different personalities, there's no distinction between it an an abridged series or AU fanfic.
you know that the only thing similar that they share is the sprite

And many character names that have those same sprites in the normal game. It's clearly based on FF1.

You didn't refute how abridged series and AU fanfics have those same differences.

In my view, since 8-Bit Theater and Red vs Blue are fanon from what I read, the verse pages should be deleted; the pages can move be to FC/OC or other wiki were they are acceptable.

can someone listen to me is not fan fictions is a parody there are totally diferent also you should probally take weekly because he know pretty much in RvB

We don't allow pages for parody series like that. Dragon Ball Z Abridged isn't allowed to have pages.

Because the difference between fan fiction and 8BIT is that fan fiction cannot be sustained without the original material, unlike 8BIT, which differently creates its own cosmology and the only thing it borrows are sprites.(which can be argued that it can be classified as free use) and that the parts of the story are to parody them there is a big difference between parody and fan fiction you can understand

There are fanfics that do that, we still don't use 'em.

is not fan fiction is a parody like medaka box or one punch man etc by that logic will had to eliminated them

Agnaa said:
Competent abridged series can be sustained on their own. Dragon Ball Z Abridged created many original shorts using their own animation. Friendship is Witchcraft performed a live reading of a script that was too far from the original show's videos to animate.
These are also both parody series.
that is a fallacy

Medaka Box and One Punch Man parody common tropes across an entire genre using their own original characters and art. It doesn't steal art, plot points, and characters from one specific story for its main cast. C'mon dude.

What fallacy did I use there?

Armorchompy said:
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
One Punch Man and Medaka use NOTHING that is copyrighted by other people. 8-Bit does. End of the story.
who classifies as free use because classifies as free use if is a parody

Ah friendship is witchcraft was great.

But do we really need to keep listing examples of why this doesent work? You can't compare, say, rick and morty being based off back to the future to the difference between 8 bit theater and final fantasy.

let see you say is not available because is copygrith i say that is legimit because there a entire law about that who aproves that the material is not copyrigth because is a parody you can say that we don.t care free use was the thing that kept the wiki from the demands so no you can say that they not use because is literally one the most important things in a thing like the wiki

I'm not saying it's not available because of copyright, but because it's fanfiction.

Well reading this over I feel 8bit should definitly not be allowed, as for red vs blue....Id like to hear some defenses for it but if it's truly to similar it to should be removed.

Agnaa said:
I'm not saying it's not available because of copyright, but because it's fanfiction.
is not fan fiction is a parody okay givme reasons why is not a parody

No, it's because no fanfiction is literally a rule, and the fact that it's very different doesn't change that.

Being a parody doesn't stop it from being fanfiction.

8-Bit Theater is a Spite... er, Sprite Comic by Brian Clevinger that ran from 2001 to 2010. Its plot, an Affectionate Parody of the first Final Fantasy, follows the four Light Warriors (who really aren't the best for the job): Fighter McWarrior, an astoundingly stupid sword-obsessed warrior; Black Mage Evilwizardington, an Ax-Crazy homicidal sociopath who is only held back by the Rule of Funny and a tendency to get hurt; Thief, a fugitive prince of elf clan Khee'bler armed with extreme greed and an expertise in manipulative contracts; and Red Mage Statscowski, a so-called strategist who considers life to be a tabletop game, is obsessed with his stats, and was tricked into liking cross dressing.

read parody

Can someone close this? This is getting nowhere at alarming speed.

Ive written some fanfiction in the past that veered so far off course it was barely recognizable to the original series...Ive since deleted it because it was cringy af but the fact remains it being different doesn't change the fact it is fanfiction and thus not allowed. Being a parody doesn't change the fact it's a fanfiction.

I feel we shouldn't close this we have to discuss if red vs blue should remain or if it to should be removed.

someone can give me proves that is not a parody tv tropes said is parody the enteries series recognozies is parody the character even said that was a parody you can invalid my argument without no argument someone givme a argument please

Also, Tv Tropes is not exactly a reliable source. Or a source at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back