• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

is 8 bit threater allowed in the wiki

Status
Not open for further replies.
is not a fan fiction you have to givme proves that and i give enough proves that is not and is classified as a parody

What was your proof that it's not fan fiction, sorry?

Agnaa said:
What was your proof that it's not fan fiction, sorry?

Because the difference between fan fiction and 8BIT is that fan fiction cannot be sustained without the original material, unlike 8BIT, which differently creates its own cosmology and the only thing it borrows are sprites.(which can be argued that it can be classified as free use) and that the parts of the story are to parody them there is a big difference between parody and fan fiction you can understand

you know we better do a separate thread about fan fiction and what not classified as fan fiction

No, we shouldn't, you're the only one insisting on this, and I'm pretty sure you're trying your hardest not to understand it.

Armorchompy said:
No, we shouldn't, you're the only one insisting on this, and I'm pretty sure you're trying your hardest not to understand it.
okay so you are saying that i ignored most of his argument who to begin they are not arguments you trie to invalid my argument saying yeah we dont care about that so givme argumentes real who is not fallacies please

Other fanfiction can be sustained without the original material, as I showed above. Other fanfiction can have its own cosmology while still being fanfiction, there's a lot of OP fanfiction like that. 8BIT borrows more than sprites, it borrows entire characters, only changing their personalities. The sprites can't be classified as "free use" but that's a little too nuanced of an argument to get now so I'll ignore it. Parts of the story being there to parody doesn't stop it from being fanfiction, a lot of fanfiction is a parody too.

Agnaa said:
Other fanfiction can be sustained without the original material, as I showed above. Other fanfiction can have its own cosmology while still being fanfiction, there's a lot of OP fanfiction like that. 8BIT borrows more than sprites, it borrows entire characters, only changing their personalities. The sprites can't be classified as "free use" but that's a little too nuanced of an argument to get now so I'll ignore it. Parts of the story being there to parody doesn't stop it from being fanfiction, a lot of fanfiction is a parody too.
okay so you are saying that the character are the same even when they are completelly diferent with complete diferent motivation powers dinamics

Yes, they have the same sprite and name and are obviously based on the original. There are tons of abridged series and AU fanfics that give characters different motivations and power dynamics.

Agnaa said:
Yes, they have the same sprite and name and are obviously based on the original. There are tons of abridged series and AU fanfics that give characters different motivations and power dynamics.
so they are not the same character

also that tv tropes classifies as fan fiction is weird especially when the tropes of 8BIT are classfied they are put in webcomics who they are completelly diferent from fan fiction

Livinmeme said:
We still consider it fanfiction. We don't need profiles for every abridged series and Undertale AU out there.

Not really fanfiction in other countries is usually more celebrated/well known, japan has full on market places where fans go to sell their fan comics/material. Certain people are well known for their fan creations as the copyright laws there aren't quite as stringent.

also the elements of the history is from parodiest they dont take directly parts of the history

Livinmeme said:
Agnaa said:
So the mr. Popo in abridged is a totally different character too, right? By this logic he would have to be

Yellowpig10 said:
Livinmeme said:
Agnaa said:
So the mr. Popo in abridged is a totally different character too, right? By this logic he would have to be

technically

there is a huge dirence betwen fan fiction:who is a story who takes parts from other pieces of fiction and fan fiction parody:who parody but can hold by self

fan fiction:who parodies a genere of a work but they can hold by self by that logic gintama will be a fan fiction because most of his jokes are based in other works

So moving on as I feel the last post speaks for itself, how are we on red vs blue? Do we have any verse supporters here that can help us define if it should be allowed?

There are numerous fanfictions that can hold up on their own regardless of the original content and that doesn't stop them from being fanfics

The pen or the sword said:
So moving on as I feel the last post speaks for itself, how are we on red vs blue? Do we have any verse supporters here that can help us define if it should be allowed?
you should ask weekly i dont know if anything about RvB

We don't have an exemption for fan fiction parodies.

Gintama has jokes that reference other works, but the characters are purely original.

@livinmeme Thats just factually incorrect but I don't see anyway to get through to you on this, you are either being willfully obtuse or you really don't understand the issue. either way Id like to stop wasting time on this and move on to discussing another verse that would be effected by this.

@Pen Weekly was defending it but hasn't responded in a while. Bambu thinks it barely references Halo but doesn't care if it gets deleted, and so hasn't come here.

Agnaa said:
We don't have an exemption for fan fiction parodies.
Gintama has jokes that reference other works, but the characters are purely original.
also 8BIT the only thing are the sprites and no the history is not the same is a parody when everybody is stupid or tries to be joseph bootleg

That isn't enough. Some abridged series like Friendship is Witchcraft do literally all of those things, but they're not allowed because they're still fanfiction.

The pen or the sword said:
@livinmeme Thats just factually incorrect but I don't see anyway to get through to you on this, you are either being willfully obtuse or you really don't understand the issue. either way Id like to stop wasting time on this and move on to discussing another verse that would be effected by this.
okay explain the problem because i explain that is a parody who in the time has a shop who difirences enough to not be considered a fan fiction and also the character who are drastaclly diferent from the final fantasy

Hmmm if the supporters aren't defending it...Leaves us in a bit of an awkward spot, on one hand Id hate to delete it if it really did match our guidlines... on the other Ive yet to see a strong argument for it in this thread beyond it's refrences not being that heavy something that seems to have been contradicted with the information about blood gulch, and the place that one character trained....I suppose we could always delete it and restore the pages if an argument pops up.

But there's a lot of ******* pages, it's been less than a day, and RvB has survived through threads like this before. If this thread is too derailed we could start a new one about it, or just try to stop the conversation about 8BIT.

Livinmeme said:
okay explain the problem because i explain that is a parody who in the time has a shop who difirences enough to not be considered a fan fiction and also the character who are drastaclly diferent from the final fantasy
Having a shop is meaningless, as stated previously other countries have a very different take on fanfiction and fan creations then we do. Allowing people to profit off fannon and fancreations is far more normalized in other areas of the world. Heck japan practically celebrates them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back