• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I found it's interesting Yogiri's intelligence could gifted or genius
(An argument could be made for genius for the language learning speed:
On the first point, I searched tech like day, week, and month. Timeframe seems but it seems the event took place under a month; Volume 1 seems to place in +7days and the numbers day/week is not mentioned regarding this point in Volume 2):

Volume 2 Chapter 8
At the end of the hall, there was a door their way. On it was written “Only one may leave.” Tomochika still couldn’t read the local language, so Yogiri read it aloud for her. He had more or less mastered the language by now thanks to having read through the dictionary they had received from the concierge in Quenza.

For perspective, someone knowledgeable on the language difficulties thought it would take a long time to teach so she didn't and give two dictionaries: https://gyazo.com/5a0836df0781833cfab9b0fdaad7a461 (Volume 1 Chapter 16)

Volume 2 side story: Agency
“AΩ is pretty quiet, isn’t he? Even if we left him to his own devices, he would probably remain just as he is, or at least that was our conclusion. But that thing will keep growing, so there’s no telling what might happen if we simply leave it alone. Our goal is to introduce a bias to the direction of that growth. I read your report. It appears he’s reached the academic level of an elementary school student. That’s quite impressive.”

Yogiri’s academic ability was genuinely incredible. Though he looked to be the age of a third grader, he was already working on sixth grade materials now.

Volume 3 Chapter 4
“Well, Rick became the Swordmaster, but since the tower was destroyed, he said they couldn’t make holy swords right away. So he gave me these amulets instead.” Yogiri’s memory was actually quite good, but that only applied to things he made a point to remember. At the time, he had accepted the amulets from Rick without thinking too much about it.

Volume 3 Chapter 16
Contrary to popular belief, he was actually quite agile. He had always been naturally athletic, and he was a fast learner. He had a reputation for being lazy, which led others to believe he had poor reflexes, but in truth, he just didn’t have many opportunities to exercise.

Ever since coming to this world, however, he’d had plenty of chances to practice. And since he was only doing the absolute minimum necessary to avoid the oncoming attacks, it wasn’t even that tiring.

Volume 4 Chapter 14 (feat is basically already on the page as the web novel case is basically the same)
Yogiri was falling in darkness. He remembered that the distance between the levels of the Underworld was about a kilometer. Calculating roughly, if the acceleration due to gravity in this world was about 10m/s 2 , ignoring the factor of air resistance, he’d have about fourteen seconds before he hit the ground. A few seconds had already passed, so he probably had less than ten left.

Alright, after hours and hours of going through EVERY SINGLE chapter in the web-novel (this of course includes the JP raws that aren't translated yet as such), and what I found is honestly flabbergasting...

This very quote here in his resistance negation:

Can pierce through 20 layers of resistance to death abilities, with each layer being superior than the other

isn't real.. To simply put, after search the keyword '20' or '二十', the very quote doesn't appear or to be shown. However, I haven't searched through the Light Novel, so It's possible, it exist there. Additionally even going through every chapter I haven't remotely see a single implication or affirmation of 20 'layers' of 'resistance' or even 'levels'. The thing that's remotely "close" is the 120 layers of walls of a structure existing in ID, not really a layers of resistance.

So for anyone wondering where it came from... It simply doesn't exist, you can't find something that doesn't exist after all.

We already said that a long time ago.

The resistance negation was related to skill resistances of other abilities and relating that to death manipulation.

Edit:

But iirc that only had 10 levels and level 10 is immunity.

We already said that a long time ago.

The resistance negation was related to skill resistances of other abilities and relating that to death manipulation.
I mean the very justification is honestly very misleading, and the fact people are still asking "where's the scan of it" even to this day, seems to not clear up the misconception.

specially, this particular quote;

with each layer being superior than the other

This wasn't stated or implied at all.

Alright, after hours and hours of going through EVERY SINGLE chapter in the web-novel (this of course includes the JP raws that aren't translated yet as such), and what I found is honestly flabbergasting...

This very quote here in his resistance negation:

isn't real.. To simply put, after search the keyword '20' or '二十', the very quote doesn't appear or to be shown. However, I haven't searched through the Light Novel, so It's possible, it exist there. Additionally even going through every chapter I haven't remotely see a single implication or affirmation of 20 'layers' of 'resistance' or even 'levels'. The thing that's remotely "close" is the 120 layers of walls of a structure existing in ID, not really a layers of resistance.

So for anyone wondering where it came from... It simply doesn't exist, you can't find something that doesn't exist after all.
Then who added it?

I mean the very justification is honestly very misleading, and the fact people are still asking "where's the scan of it" even to this day, seems to not clear up the misconception.
You're somewhat correct. 20 layers is supposed to be based on skill resistance and immunity iirc. And a skill has 10 to 20 levels.

But there's some more context to add that complicates things quite a bit. Like level resistance and god physiology. To where, gods should have the same powers and resistances of those in a lower hierarchy, but upscaled, so if both UEG and Yogiri scale to the same dimensionality and he killed her, he would still have that same negation on that dimensional level.
I literally said this 10 days ago and many times before that when it was brought up. There is no direct scan saying "There are 20 levels of Death Magic."

It's based on a completely different skill having levels and resistance for each skill level, not death magic itself. Cause no one uses death magic in-verse.

I literally said this 10 days ago and many times before that when it was brought up. There is no direct scan saying "There are 20 levels of Death Magic."

It's based on a completely different skill having levels and resistance for each skill level, not death magic itself. Cause no one uses death magic in-verse.
Then the justification should be changed then. Also you said it WAAYY after it was changed, UEG didn't even exist when it was changed actually; so meaning your explanation about it doesn't line up to what the justification said.

Regardless, as said before, level resistance alone trumps 20 layers.

In which case, I had completely forgot about this stuff, so part of it is my fault for not addressing it in the CRT.

Then the justification should be changed then. Also you said it WAAYY after it was changed, UEG didn't even exist when it was changed actually; so meaning your explanation about it doesn't line up to what the justification said.
I had nothing to do with the initial change. I gave the explanation of why currently he would scale to it, not why he would scale to those resistances 3 years ago.

I had nothing to do with the initial change. I gave the explanation of why currently he would scale to it, not why he would scale to those resistances 3 years ago.
I am aware of that. I am simply saying that we added something that's heavily used in battles and other things, that simply didn't even exist and is a misconception. Your explanation didn't even exist nor UEG when the '20 layers' were saving yogiri's butt from other characters who has resistance to death manip and with layers of it but was simply 'lower' than the initial layers of yogiri. Though he does have many resistance negation feats.

O-Oblivion?
5010961ee6e6ed21a53d3892102282e481fedfc2009dcae8e0a16518f92667f7_1_2.jpg

Well, It seems we already agreed that it's a nonexistent feat and should be changed. If someone is about to make a ID CRT, they should address it along with their contents of other changes.

20 layers of resistance was also a question for me also as I didn't found the citation. I guess it was a typo. I fixed the typo and added evidence like reference for the ability.

Last edited:
Shouldn’t we remove Yogiri’s resistance to Existence Erasure since he never really tanked that. He was able to take Mei’s punch because he killed the source of her power, the white cat/god.

Shouldn’t we remove Yogiri’s resistance to Existence Erasure since he never really tanked that. He was able to take Mei’s punch because he killed the source of her power, the white cat/god.
Agree + also we should add the scan for Yogiri Resistance to Sealing

Oh yeah btw where i can read the good translate/accurate for ID novel? I read it on NovelUpdates which in Volume 3 chapter 10 say HRE eat Several Worlds yet the real Translate say it eat "Countless" of it so i need a good translate

Actually where I can read the LN version?
Did the LN translate is accurate?
Very much so

I want to read it for free

Back