• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Injustice downgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Supes is being scaled to Zod, who has Large Planet Levels of strenght....in his Injustice 1 supermove.

These are not considered canon and as far as i remember, Zod does not even appear on the plot of neither game nor performs this move in canon.

(Its like scaling Mortal Kombat characters based on their fatality (Johny Kage plot manipulating the fight into a commercial, for example)

Wasn't Superman almost fatally wounded by a 50 megaton explosion in one of the Injustice comics?

We consider what the characters can pull off, even if they are what ifs, as usable. Zod not being there doesn't matter, that his shown level of power, and we have no reason to assume his level of power doesn't reach this level, reaches this level and people are scaleable, does.

And no, Supes pushed Mogo when he was empowered by the Yellow Ring, but that was still pushing while Mogo couldn't stop him and at FTL speeds.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
We consider what the characters can pull off, even if they are what ifs, as usable. Zod not being there doesn't matter, that his shown level of power, and we have no reason to assume his level of power doesn't reach this level, reaches this level and people are scaleable, does.
So then, as a question. Is there a single other feat preformed by Superman-level enemies, without amps, that approaches the Zod feat? Because they've been harmed by demonstrably less force.

And no, Supes pushed Mogo when he was empowered by the Yellow Ring, but that was still pushing while Mogo couldn't stop him and at FTL speeds.

He was also explicitly amped by the fear of all 7 billion people on the Earth when he did that.

Him being DLC does not matter. Street Fighters characters scale off an alternate what if scenario where Bison destroys a town, if I remember right.

And before you say "but DLC", Zod also falls into that 'what-if' hole. There's nothing at all that would give the assumption if Zod was in the story, his level of power would be different.

So, again, are there any feats that back this not being an outlier. Because in the same series Superman has been harmed by much less force and has struggled doing much less.

Exept that he is non canon since he does not appear on any of the injustice comics and base superman level enemies aree hurt by way less force that 5-A constantly.

Base superman level enemies like...? In the game himself, everyone is pretty much hopeless to do anything against Superman until the other Superman came. And again, Zod being non canon matters literally squat. If the developers think he can pull of such feats, and he would still be comparable to Superman, Superman scales.

Now, when it comes to Supes being harmed by less, that's something you should ask the people that accepted the calc. I am just saying Zod's canonicity plays no importance unless anything actually puts the level of power he displays into doubt, which in this case are the so called anti-feats. I'd recommend starting there.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
Base superman level enemies like...
Superman, Wonder Woman, Martian Manhunter, Doomsday, and the like

And again, Zod being non canon matters literally squat

It probably should considering its far better than everything else in the universe and Zod canon appearance is vastly different from what was shown in Injustice 1.

But it shouldn't be to hard to find lower showings I guess. If @Ted Ed can't do it I can help maybe.

Supergirl is told she cannot leave the fortress yet she does so in her supermove to sprint thru the entire solar system, as far as it goes, most supermoves mess with the plot.

Specially flash, since he failed to save metropolis from the joker blowing it up despite being a shit ton times faster.

I feel they should be downgraded down to 6-C or so (Possibly higher since the Injustice rossover claims Superman split planets)

Ted, again, you understand what a 'what if' is, right? It literally doesn't matter that Supergirl can't leave the Fortress yet she does so to use her Supermove, what matters is that she could do this if she wanted and nothing at all contradicts this notion.

So what you should be doubting is whether it's an outlier or not, so again, anti feats instead of arguing canonicity.

Well, i think Qaw has already proved it is an outlier, so i thought that was already behind us.

I haven't really proven its an outlier. I have stated a couple of low showings, but I haven't provided scans of said low showings. To prove something would be giving that evidence (presumably).

Proving it an outlier takes more than a singular peson saying something. As Qaw himself said, it would need the actual showing and to be compared with others. I am sure you should know, Ted, that funky business like "Batman kicks Darkseid" is not uncommon in comics.

Pushing a planet into the sun at FTL speeds would still be a Tier 5 feat but only for his Yellow Lantern key. Base key should be 6-A via Cpt. Atom stating that he can destroy a continent.

The thing is, even if you assume that it covers then entire North Pole, that is still trillions of times beneath 5-A.

@Qaw I mean, he said base Superman should be 6-A so I don't think he was using that as a supporting feat.

Probably either

• Over estimating the power nuclear bombs
  • Underestimating the energy needed to break the North Pole
  • Assuming the North Pole isn't super huge in ice area
  • A combination of the above

Maverick Zero X said:
Superman shook and threatened to destroy Apokolips in his battle with Darkseid. That's the only other feat approacing Tier 5 that I recall.
Going by our Mortal Kombat profiles, shaking a planet's core is only Low 6-B. Causing it to meltdown may be better, but that sounds like a continued chain reaction thing than a single shot AP thing. Although Low 6-B, possibly higher sounds better than just 5-A.

I would go with destroy north pole statement honestly since the "10 nukes" statement seems more likely to be an oversight.

But with the usual policy being to lowball these things, I'm not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back