• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Injustice downgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RIP my 5-A Injustice Batman profile, also Yellow Lantern Supes may be the only Tier 5 character out there.

In the mean time, we should also find feats to scale to depowered or weaker heroes like Batman without the pills.

I don't think Doomsday's super move is all that impressive really in terms of strength. The area he smashed just isn't large enough (per punch) to get a good result. The speed however, is pretty nice.

Diameter of earth is 12,742km or 12,742,000m or 1,274,200,000cm

Assuming the radius is 1m or 100cm

volume will be 40,030,173,592,041.14 CC

Violent fragmentation (69j/CC) gives 2,762,081,977,850,829j

So 660 kilotons

I know to get a proper number you'd need to scale their models, but as a rough higher end.

• PC Doomsday's height = 2.13 meters
  • New 52 Doomsday's height = 2.69 meters
  • Assuming the home's diameter is Doomsday's height and doubling the volume since he went through the Earth twice you get
  • PC end = 1497.525 kilotons
  • N52 end = 2388.468 kilotons

Yeah I was just trying to create a rough calc. Like I presumed, even with higher numbers the result doesn't reach even city level let alone tier 6.

Fragmentation values only really work down to the crust , one you reach the mantle you can't fragment anything and a better way to measure it would be using something akin to a drag force equation since those measure the force (from which you can infer energy) to move through non solid material at a given speed.

I get that for the mantle and outer core, but the inner core is solid nickel and iron isn't it?

Technically speaking even values for fragmentation would be incorrect as high temperatures tend to decrease the tensile/shear/compressive strength of all materials, then again it's extremely hard to gauge what values could be used instead because of the extreme conditions within the core.

This is getting out of control. What even seems to be the problem here? Everyone has been fighting everyone with Superman pills in the comics, which is enough to harm Superman and with Batman beating him everytime they fight.

Eficiente said:
This is getting out of control. What even seems to be the problem here? Everyone has been fighting everyone with Superman pills in the comics, which is enough to harm Superman and with Batman beating him everytime they fight.
Superman apparently doesn't have tier 5 feats in base.

That's why he scales to be 5-A, again where is the problem? This is the same guy who does everything casually and has feats such as leaving a crater on the moon and shaking a planet, him being 5-A via scaling should surprise nobody.

Because Superman being 5-A is based on a calc that is magnitudes better than everything else and is preformed by a non-canon version of a character. Their consistent stuff is in the Tier 7 To 6 range without amps.

>magnitudes better than everything else

Legit not a problem. Especially considering that everyone with pills doesn't have the range to do that and no one wants to blow up the planet nor anything like that. The one time Supes was in other planet, he shocked it. Again, everything Superman does is casually, and constantly shows far more power than what he usually does if he needs to.

>is preformed by a non-canon version of a character

He's not in the story, big deal. This is still a Kryptonian like Supes.

>Their consistent stuff is in the Tier 7 To 6 range without amps

This is practically the same as before. Consistency alone is nothing next to context, which you ignore.

> The one time Supes was in other planet, he shocked it.

That is billions of times worse than the 5-A calc. Shaking a planet is only a Tier 6 feat

> Again, everything Superman does is casually

He's been injured by far less force and when he goes all put he fails to approach the power that a non-canon version of Injustice Zod can do

> He's not in the story

It's more than that. He's different from the canon Injustice version of Zod. Even if you ignore it the other problems are all still present.

> Consistency alone is nothing next to context, which you ignore.

If they're consistently Tier 7 to 6, get hurt by Tier 7 to 6 stuff, and of their best feats are only Tier 7 to 6; then they're Tier 7 to 6. Upscaling everyone to a feat billions of times higher than every other showing is a large issue.

>That is billions of times worse than the 5-A calc. Shaking a planet is only a Tier 6 feat

This ignores so much context it's not even funny. I didn't mention that as an AP feat, just as a one time where he had the opportunity to demonstrate his power. Going by that feat as AP, it being tier 6 is kind of a low-ball as he and Darkseid were going to destroy the core of Apokolips and make radiation spread around the galaxy from its explosion.

>He's been injured by far less force

What are this instances?

>It's more than that. He's different from the canon Injustice version of Zod. Even if you ignore it the other problems are all still present.

You talk of canon as if it were all that matters. Just because there is a new looking Zod in Injustice doesn't mean that everything he showed before must be discarded. The original Zod was also in Sub-Zero's ending, which would take place after his appearance in the comics.

>If they're consistently Tier 7 to 6, get hurt by Tier 7 to 6 stuff, and of their best feats are only Tier 7 to 6; then they're Tier 7 to 6.

Consistently being Tier 7 to 6 isn't a problem as explained before, getting hurt by Tier 7 to 6 stuff is a solid reason, I would like to hear more about it. The last stuff is a repetition of the first.

> Darkseid were going to destroy the core of Apokolips

They were going to cause the core to meltdown, which would then explode and spread the radiation. It's a chain reaction feat caused by multiple back to back shockwaves and they wouldn't scale it it. Shaking a planet is a Low 6-B to 6-A feat anyway.

> What are this instances?

A 7 megato to country level explosion caused massive visible damage to Superman. Superman damaging people with Tier 6 moves when they can also damage him is also a anti-feat to 5-A

> which would take place after his appearance in the comics.

He had his head ripped off by Amazo in the comics. Makes that ending pretty hard to be canon

> getting hurt by Tier 7 to 6 stuff is a solid reason

Every Tier 7 to 6 feat in Injustice involves hurting someone who is rated or would be rated as 5-A

That's pretty reasonable. I could nitpick some things but there is no point in doing so. Personally I still disagree due the reasons explained above and nothing new, so I will not continue to discuss this.

I'm guessing there's a calc somewhere that states how much energy it'd take to destroy the Earth's core?

Ultra rough and likely incorrect rough calc

• Assuming Injustice Apokolips ia the size of Earth
  • Core volume = 7.61e+24 cm^3
  • Frag = 6.088e+25 joules or High 6A
  • V. Frag = 5.2509e+26 joules or High 6A
Of course the large issues are

• Two people did this
  • They werent going to bust the core but rather tender it unstable
  • They were only going to do that after a prolonged fight

While good, I think it has the same issues with the Darkseid feat without a visual representation. In other words we don't know how long it takes the moon to eat the core nor how it eats the core.

If there's a downgrade, Tir 6 seems more fitting (though i still think Tier 5 is still good, it can be a lower type of Tier 5).

About the super mode, i don't consider theme to be outlier. They're basically feats the characters can do whenever they want to, the fact they can't ingame is just gameplay stuff.

I'm not really against people being fast even if its really inconsistent since there's plenty of feats in the games and in the comics of them going near-light or FTL. The tier 5-A is what I have issue with since that's just really out there compared to everything else..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back