• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Information about upcoming advertisements in this forum

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
He/Him
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Hello.

I just want to inform our members regarding that currently the running costs for this site are covered by my entrepeneur friend, but in order to financially support it in the long run, so the forum can sustain itself, we will have to start to host advertisements soon.

Nothing has been set in stone regarding exactly how this will be applied yet, but we will most likely begin to show advertisements sometime in January.

Last edited:
Which sources will we accept advertisements from? And... will that affect any position of views in here?
Basically the most important thing to concern.
Like, will the sponsors be just happy to post periodic banners in our this forum and nothing more? Or will they start to "give opinions" on how the site and other profiles stand?

We will just use regular large and clean automatic advertisement services, and that's it. They will not make demands regarding our statistics.

I have been told that we will only use highly respectable sources, and if people have legitimate complaints, I will tell the people in charge of this about it, so there are adjustments.

I'm curious to know how the adds are going to be placed. If they're just adds that don't overlap with the forum, that'll be okay, I just don't want things being metaphorically shoved in my face.

Well, it will be a bit distracting, but that is unavoidable. We have to get the forum to go around financially.

I have been told that we will only use highly respectable sources, and if people have legitimate complaints, I will tell the people in charge of this about it, so there are adjustments.

Now, this is interesting, because I literally had a different forum I'm on go through the process of introducing ads with most people accepting it. This is before the ads became a very huge annoyance to many people, especially because it got in the way of certain important features, and it was eventually agreed to be removed entirely.

Still, I hope the ads can be handled here better than they were over there.

Yes. Agreed. I hope that they will not be too intrusive.

Yes, and if there are any problems, we will have to tell Community Hired to adjust them according to our specifications.

We have been told a suggestion that after enabling the advertisements, our members could have an option to pay a very small monthly fee to get rid of them.

We have already made clear that the advertisements should be from respectable sources and not so intrusive that they hamper our usual forum discussions.

However, for people who are easily bothered by ads, want them gone for a totally ad-free experience, or want to support the forum in a small way, they can use the aforementioned option of contributing a very small monthly amount.

Please note that this is merely a suggestion as of yet and nothing has been decided, so we would appreciate some constructive feedback.

Also, we do not want advertisements either, but we need to include them in order for the forum to survive in the long run, and ultimately I am not the one who am in a position to take this decision.

If anybody has some more good suggestions for how this forum can sustain its running costs, and Community Hired can cover their expenses for all of the great amount of work that they did when setting it up, they are encouraged to share them.

Last edited:
I'm just going to mention that Adblock could affect the usability of this, so some measure to punish it would be a good idea.
Don't worry, I'm immune to those measures anyways via the more obscure Pop-up Blocker

I have been told that the people in charge of this are not sure how they will deal with advertisement blockers yet.

Hello.

I have received some new information.

In preparation for monetising the forum via ads, we need to change the number of posts from 100 to 50 per page soon.

In addition, we will likely get a GoFundMe donation button as soon as possible, so non-members who appreciate our work will be able to contribute.

I have also been told that the ads will be family-friendly, safe, non-political, and with no pop-up windows.

I have mentioned DDM's suggestion to one of the people in charge of this.

Are these advertisements up yet? I've been seeing this large gap at the top of the forums which I originally thought was just the system glitching out, but then I saw a jewelry advertisement in place of the large gap for a split sec before I either refreshed the page, or it went away.

The system manager seems to be experimenting with the advertisement account of another person that he knows to see if it is possible for Google Adsense to accept us, since we were rejected earlier, so I think that the current situation will be temporary until we manage to set up something for real.

It is just temporary. I have told the person who owns this forum that people who are logged in should view a much more limited number of advertisements per page than casual visitors. Maybe one at the top and one at the bottom or so.

Back