• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

inFAMOUS Scaling/Revision 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Antvasima said:
Have you reached any conclusions about what should be changed here?
Yeah:

All infamous 1 characters will be bumped up to Mountain level based off of Spin's thunderstorm calc.

Cole will gain a new key for after he absorbs all 7 Blast Cores, as he casually performs a Large Island level feat and then states his confidence in going toe to toe with the Beast, which he follows through with by fighting the Beast and Kuo at the same time.

Cole will also be receiving Resistance to Transmutation, as he resist the Beast's gravity hole, which breakers down matter and transforms it into whatever it is the Beast is made of.

The Second Son crews stats and abilities are fine as will remain as they are unless there are any issues.

Right now we are discussing what to do regarding Cole's inFamous 2 Base stats, as he was weakened by the Beast, but by how much is unknown. We were gonna use my old storm calc for scaling, but recent criticism has put the viability of the calc into question. We were then gonna use Perps blast calc for scaling, but it doesn't look like the calc group is gonna come to an agreement anytime soon.

We are also waiting on clearance on Spin's Relativistic calc.

That's about it. Sorry for the late response, had a lot on my plate the other day.

Okay. Thanks. No problem.

Also, I was talking about making a separate profile for Evil Cole, as he is non-canon and has some abilities that Good Cole doesn't, and in inFamous 1, Evil Cole is 2x stronger than his good counterpart, as he used the Ray Sphere twice, which was stated to multiply a Conduits power.

However, after thinking about it, I figured it would be too much trouble to make what is essentially a carbon copy of his current profile but with a few differences. I think we should just put a note at the bottom of his page explaining the difference in power.

Okay. So do you need to make any changes to the profiles at the moment?

Okay. I will unlock the profiles. Tell me here when you are done.

Alright, made the updates. I'll finish up the rest of the discussion and bring up a few more points tomorrow when I get the chance. Thanks for the help.

The only notes I can really make are that we should try to see if the storm is outdated and needs a redo to scale weakened Cole and the Rel feat.

Well I talked with Kep, but he thinks it best that we don't use the assumed distance for the time being, so I guess we just have to use the clip I found for scaling, which means we need a new calc....

No, I know near nothing about Infamous. I am just trying to make sure that the wiki has reliable statistics in general, as usual.

Alright guys, almost done

All we have left is to discuss are:

Weakened Cole stats, and those who scale to him

How we scale this speed feat if it is accepted

And I want to bring up a few more points regarding the Beast, and that should be it.

Also, Spi redid some inFamous 1 speed feats that are a small but noticeable boost. Should scale to mid tiers of infamous 2 as well.

Okay so I was actually giving it some thought and something I thought of.

I think the Beast early Infamous 2 is 7A, now hear me out.

We know that Kessler was stated that he could have used it's powers to stop it but fled.

Now Normally, this is an outlier, but we know that Beast passively creates and Absorbs Ray Field Radiation overtime, thus getting stronger.

And then we have Infamous 2 early Cole fight on par and damage the Beast but ultimately loses.

So what if The Beast was 7A during it's beginning days, and that's why 7A Kessler was stated he "Could have stopped it" and when it first showed up in Cole's timeline, it also was 7A, which is why 7A Cole was able to fight and damage the thing (And blow off it's head) but eventually gathered enough Ray Field energy to become High 6C to High6A/5C

Just saying, Beast beginning as a 7A really explains both of these, whether we need a key tho....Ehhh

I'm back

Anyway, you're theory sounds good, but even if it were true, that doesn't really help with Weakened Cole's stats, as he still only fought the Beast Pre-New Marais and Post Blast Core absorption.

I asked Dark to reexamine my old storm calc, and he'd said he'd get to it if he had time

Teen recently upgraded the Second Son verse based off the fact that Delson absorbed many more Core Relays (which are basically Blast Cores) than Cole did, and performed Mountain level+ and Small Island level feat, so he should at least scale to 7 Blast Cores Cole. I personally don't see anything wrong with the upgrade.

Also, still waiting on approvals for the speed calcs.

It wouldn't help with weakened Cole's stats, Cole was not weakened when he first fought the Beast, I'm just saying Beast being 7A makes a lot of consistency.

Guess so that makes sense, but I don't think we need a new key.

Also, something that's recently come to my attention is Kessler's tiering. Since he can fight both Hero and Evil Cole, the latter of which is 2x stronger than his hero counterpart, how should we rate him? Evil Cole is in the 7A+ zone.

Also, sorry for dropping off the grid so randomly, had to deal with some IRL stuff that left me in a bit of a funk for awhile. Did I miss anything big?

You haven't missed anything.

I brought this up earlier and personally no, Infamous 1 Evil Cole is non-canon, so Kessler shouldn't be M+

Aside from that. It's good.

Good point, guess we can dismiss it.

Well, last things that need to be covered:

Second Son abilities (I think some of them need to be double checked, such as the descriptions for the mind control and I'm pretty sure the duplication justification is from a piece of concept art).

Also, Beast abilities. I think we can put his speed back to what it was, as his attacks can tag Cole, who's MHS+, possibly higher. Him not dodging can be considered CIS, and should be noted in vs matches that he is a tank by nature, not a dodger.

Also, gonna bring up his ability to absorb and brake down Cole's attacks, which are composed of pure lightning and elctromagnetism and kinetic energy.

So what are the conclusions here?

@COB

Besides stealth mastery, don't think theres much else notable.

Off topic, did you catch the latest chap of Kengan Asura 0V0

@Ant

Well, we haven't talked much, but I'm leaning towards putting Beast's speed back to MHS+, as his attacks can tag people in this range, and before someone calls attack speed only, he literally has to chuck the attack at you like a baseball, so at least MHS+ in reactions, combat and attack speed, likely Rel+ if upgrades go through.

I also brought up the need to check up on some abilities for the SS crew, as I think some of them may be mislabeled (I'm not sure if the description for Mind Control is accurate)

Also, I'm 99% sure that the justification comes from a piece of concept art, not actual gameplay.

I'm going to ask Rice to look over them, as he currently has access to the game and I don't want to rely on just the infamous wiki

Also, I was discussing a possible boost for the Beast's matter manipulation, as his gravity hole can absorb and break down Cole's attacks, which are composed of lightning. I'm pretty sure this qualifies for something around or below subatomic.

Also notable thing to note was that Cole could absorb Ionic Charges, basically ions composed of ray field energy, and can freely manipulate these charges to boost his abilities to create massive thunderstorms or freeze over city blocks or boost his bio leech ability.

I think this (an atomic level feat) combined with the Beast's ability to absorb Cole's lightning and break it down should qualify for higher matter manipulation

Do you think it's reasonable, or do you think I'm reaching?

Idk, it think im being a bit biased here.

Also, bad news for the Rel+ calc, Assalt checked it over, but is unsure how trustworthy the fictional radiation dodging is

I think it is, as its been described as such by one of the most knowledgeable members of the verse, and the radiations cause cancer and genetic mutations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back