• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

InFAMOUS discussion thread.

Also, for some odd reason, Sucker Punch really doesn't want to put pure elements (water, fire, earth, etc.) in the games. That's why they use "smoke" and "napalm" instead of "fire". Or "concrete" instead of "earth".

Or my favorite: instead of "water", we use "pressurized water".

The Christian Nerd said:
Also, for some odd reason, Sucker Punch really doesn't want to put pure elements (water, fire, earth, etc.) in the games. That's why they use "smoke" and "napalm" instead of "fire". Or "concrete" instead of "earth".

Or my favorite: instead of "water", we use "pressurized water".
Isn't electricity kinda a pure element though?

Man I'd be happy with a remaster of the first 2 games at this point. Can you imagine how sexy inFamous 1 + 2 would look with the PS4's graphics?

Mfw when Prototype was remastered but inFamous wasn't

Also agree with 2 different profiles for Evil and Good Cole.

Though I wonder, would the fact that there are several different iterations of Cole justify a composite Cole profile? There's Good Cole (inF1 + 2), Villain Cole (inFamous 1 Evil Route), Anti-Hero + Beast Cole (inF2 Evil Route), Kessler snd Vampire Cole.

Really depends on how devs treat the game TBH.

My dream is to see a Conduit whose shtick is fire manipulation and absorption, and at first you think "lol, what a basic ass power" but then said Conduit goes and absorbs a star, showing off their AP/Dura

Well, the main reason I'm torn between High 6-A and 5-A is over whether or not to show the surface-wiping and moon-busting feats on screen.

Because apparently destroying the surface of the earth in less than a minute is Large Planet now.

It's more that causing a ton of materials to move very fast as they're forcibly ripped apart from the earth is 5-A.

It would be cool to see inFAMOUS get a 5-A Surface wipe, though.

Aren't stars made if plasma? Sort of like electricity. Does this mean Cole can eat the sun now?

Lightning is plasma, but Electricity isn't

However I do like the idea

I mean considering he can manipulate natural lightning as well as cold/fire (witch also has something to do with plasma), it might not be that too far fetched

But alas, we'll never know, since he got I don't feel so good'd when he activated the RFI I'm still upset dammit

Didn't one of the dev say that the question make lightning bolt was just a red herring and that he was gone for good? Though I guess hat could still change.

I mean hey, they were oringally gonna use the Evil route as cannon, but saw that most players chose the Hero route

I wouldn't mind an inFAMOUS action RPG like Fallout 4 or (to a very lose degree) Xenoverse

I personally want to see more "superhero-esque" fights in the next game, like what we saw in the comics. Throwing each other through buildings, shaking aircraft carriers with punches, jumping and zipping around like ninjas, etc.

I also want them to take less inspiration from the Mutants from Marvel, and more from like DC's Metahumans. Like something like the origin of Conduits being created from transhumanism by the First Sons (as their goal is the advancement of humanity through technology and genetic experimentation and such), and the reason there are so many Conduits still around (besides the few that survived like Cole and Augustine) is because they were making more (which is alluded to in Cole's Legacy), while deceiving the public into believing Conduits are just random mutations (similar to the Supermen Theory from Doomsday Clock).

Hypothetical question regarding Cole returning in Second Age or a future sequel. I'm currently torn on it as I'm trying to work up a story. Should it be the original Cole MacGrath revived by the lightning bolt, or a clone created by the First Sons? Because the first one is the one I imagined for years, but it seems a little too predictable, not to mention contrived because that means he's always been around for the last seven years, and it's kinda hard to write a believable way to keep him out of the story until now.

With the clone, Delsin and Co. find him in a First Sons facility and assume it's him. After he's revealed to be a clone of the original, the First Sons take control of his mind, and Delsin has the choice to either kill him or find a way to break their influence (this wouldn't be a karmic-choice, like neither one is good or evil, which I think would also make the choice system more interesting and engaging).

I don't know, I'm torn on it. Which one do you guys find more interesting?

As for me, have other protagonist that isn't Cole is not that bad.

If we have more protagonists than just Cole alone, when the time passed, inFAMOUS universe will get bigger and bigger. I want the game I love to become more bigger.

About Cole's storm in InFAMOUS 2, is it possible to use KE for the storm he creates with Ionic Vortex (the tornado)? Because unlike the Ionic Storm, where the clouds appear instantly, the Ionic Vortex actually shows the clouds forming for a few seconds before Cole throws it.

Also

I feel like we should get rid of Evil Cole's 7-B rating

It just seems like a Lowball for no reason, he'd only need to be like 2x stronger to hit 7-A from his evil boost, and with the power increases he got in game, he should definitely be that level

City level vs City level+.

Although, should we put Good Cole at City level+ since he gets massively stronger from the substations, blast shards, training, fighting, absorbing electricity, etc.?

Evil Cole got a 2x power boost

Even then it shouldn't be a thing really

I think "At least 7-B" is enough

But yeah, Evil Cole should be 7-A outright

Back