• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Improving contents of Powers & Abilities pages

While Breath Attack is technically harmless, its space on the Wiki is ultimately superfluous. Breath Attack could be applied to Energy Projection, to Water Manipulation, to Creation, but at the same time, all said abilities would have to do to denote that they can utilized by the mouth is... state that they can be utilized by the mouth.

Yes, it seems like unnecessary work for no gain to remove it at this point.

I propose to change the image of Law hax again for this gif

Before you start to said Something Ant, it's the clearest example inside a 10-second Gif without an ultra-complex explanation.

He is literally changing the rules of the world to eliminate his enemies from existence.

It's not dark, the episode where the Feat comes from has 15 million views

and although not very serious, it is still a feat, it is like saying that we do not count reality warping from baby warping reality through his screams simply because of how it looks

I personally think that your suggestion is better than the image that we currently use, so it is likely fine to apply if you upload the file to our wiki first.

Thank you.

Which description text should I use for this animation? Meaning, which character does it feature?

Don't know if this is the right thread to ask in but would a page accounting for Wish Granting be a suitable power profile for the wiki, as a subvert from Reality Warping

Its a common power/concept in fiction even to this day, It has a lot of well-known restrictions and rules to it than other blanket-term-powers for Reality Warping, There are a lot of characters that can only 'Reality Warp' through this power and just overall seems like something that better explains to the appropriate character.

Didn't want to make a thread to discuss before some general consensus

I think that it seems like a too specific ability that is already covered by reality warping.

I think that it seems like a too specific ability that is already covered by reality warping.
Im not sure its that specific when theres many, many examples of how it could work and whats usually restricted. Its just usually reality warping but on the scale of someones(or your) request/desires. Reality Warping has currently over 3000 pages towards it, and is a rather broad term for what could be so many powers.

If Wish-granting can differentiate itself from other types of Reality Warping, and still commonly appear in other media then it shouldnt be too bad to list as a separate sub-power to it? Theres many characters that can only perform their reality warping through the use of theirs or someone elses' wishing

We try to avoid adding redundant powers and abilities pages. We are not the Superpower wiki. We have a different focus than them.

We try to avoid adding redundant powers and abilities pages. We are not the Superpower wiki. We have a different focus than them.
Well yeah the wiki should refer to common Powers and Abilities found in fiction, and list off what advantages/situations/sub-powers they can bring, as well as provide a link for Powers and Abilities categories.
Powers based on wish granting are very common in that regard, have distinct differentiations and limitations than the blanket term of "Reality Warping" (A very broad power with many, many different implications and meanings that are different to one another), and can definitely make themselves distinct enough to be considered a different power. What exactly would make it redundant? Theres a lot of character profiles here that only 'reality warp' through the use of wishes

Well, maybe we could list wish-granting as a possible use in our Reality Warping page? However, again, this is an identical power to reality warping, with certain restrictions in its usage. It would be redundant to add a new page for it, and lots of wiki pages likely link to reality warping due to wish granting already, and it also wouldn't be worth the effort to find and update them all.

My apologies, but you are not going to get an agreement from me regarding creating a separate page for this ability.

Would like to hear about the resistances. In a recent thread i talked about this, in for example because Captain America has poison resistance would not be affected by any of poison ivy's poisons which in common sense obviously doesnt make any sense but the point is with no clear levels of resistance we have no clear way to use that. Obviously this would apply for any kind of resistance having fire resistance to a big fire is not the same as having the heat of a star or something like that.

Well, maybe we could list wish-granting as a possible use in our Reality Warping page? However, again, this is an identical power to reality warping, with certain restrictions in its usage. It would be redundant to add a new page for it, and lots of wiki pages likely link to reality warping due to wish granting already, and it also wouldn't be worth the effort to find and update them all.

My apologies, but you are not going to get an agreement from me regarding creating a separate page for this ability.
Thats fine, though I really would disagree that wish-granting is identical to Reality Warping, as Reality Warping itself is an insanely broad power that can used to describe many other powers, even ones the site already possesses. Theres many different ways of 'warping' reality, andtheres many varying levels of this power that it could be helpful to differentiate variants of it from such an umbrella term. Wish-granting in itself though is a well-established variant in many pieces of fiction, is the whole reason for someone even being considered a reality warper, and a page for it could very better explain its personal restrictions and limitations than regular Reality Warping

Its fine i havent thought to make any threads or anything for any changes yet, just wanted to see opinions. Im not 100% sold on it but feel its definitely viable to link to for a lot of pages, and Wishes in themself are commonplace

The example image for Law Manipulation should be changed. For some reason the page uses in-game footage of someone changing the difficulty of their Minecraft world you cant even argue that its footage from an accepted minecraft verse, which isn't Law Manipulation, it's literally just game mechanics.

We could default to the older images we used, but the problem is they aren't good examples either. This one looks like the character is just casting glyphs with his mouth, and the other one is just an item that has the ability to manipulate the laws of the world. I think the best example we could use is maybe some panels from a comic that shows a character using Law Manipulation, and showing characters around them reacting to it or being affected by the changes they caused, but I don't have any at hand.

The example image for Law Manipulation should be changed. For some reason the page uses in-game footage of someone changing the difficulty of their Minecraft world you cant even argue that its footage from an accepted minecraft verse, which isn't Law Manipulation, it's literally just game mechanics.

We could default to the older images we used, but the problem is they aren't good examples either. This one looks like the character is just casting glyphs with his mouth, and the other one is just an item that has the ability to manipulate the laws of the world. I think the best example we could use is maybe some panels from a comic that shows a character using Law Manipulation, and showing characters around them reacting to it or being affected by the changes they caused, but I don't have any at hand.
bump

I agree with this. Also, the character who used this ability was deleted, so I will restore the older image that we used in lack of other current options, but I am very open to better suggestions.

Given discussions from this thread

Could we better clarify that Elemental Intangibility does not count in regards to Non-Physical Interaction (If a character was able to touch someone elementally intangible etc), whether thats on either the Intangibility or NPI page

Elemental Intangibility pretty much all of the time (unless the substance is completely non-corporeal but by that logic, it'd be regular intangibility anyway) is still using a physical substance, which is neither intangible, or non-corporeal, abstract, and nonexistent (As the NPI page on this wiki states), so someone being able to interact with it isnt on the same grounds. I believe the One Piece logias regard it as 'Elemental Intangibility Nullification' or something.

Elemental Intangibility is a simulation of real Intangibility and limited to partially permeable things, so Its even possible to give it a separate page entirely given Elemental Intangibility does have unique characteristics and interactions as such to real intangibility.

I think just dividing it as its own power page may be best, a subcategory sounds good on paper, but while the powers have similar premises, the methods are so different they require different answers and semantics, as much Type 5 Acausality isn't a subpower per-say.

I'd suggest for the name of the new power to be "Non-Solid Physiology" or so, it'd quickly remove false positives like characters made of "elements" that are basically incorporeal anyways, but it'd still require to note that stuff like Incorporeality and Nonexistent Physiology have already their own pages and should be indesed as such if the case fits either of those better.

I think just dividing it as its own power page may be best, a subcategory sounds good on paper, but while the powers have similar premises, the methods are so different they require different answers and semantics, as much Type 5 Acausality isn't a subpower per-say.

I'd suggest for the name of the new power to be "Non-Solid Physiology" or so, it'd quickly remove false positives like characters made of "elements" that are basically incorporeal anyways, but it'd still require to note that stuff like Incorporeality and Nonexistent Physiology have already their own pages and should be indesed as such if the case fits either of those better.
True yeah, this form of power can also delves into separate powers like duplication, regeneration, size shifting etc, not just intangibility-simulation.

Non-Solid sounds decent, though theres probably some examples out there that can just change their body into smaller solids, but either way it should work fine in the sense its changing a body's material

Characters that can just recover from smaller solids just fall as Regeneration, epecially if the solid in question is just flesh, for example.

Characters that can just recover from smaller solids just fall as Regeneration, epecially if the solid in question is just flesh, for example.
Well it wouldnt just be regeneration since it would still be used for things like Elemental Intangibility, but their mass is just broken down into a separate smaller solid. Not that i can think of any character like that rn, but other than that Non-Solid Physiology is the best one we got so far.

That'll be completely fine. Regen is just being able to regenerate or heal yourself over anything, while this is changing physiology to help with multiple different things, regeneration including. Its a power bi-product

Back