• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Important: A project to replace all Discord images in our regular wiki pages

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay. Thank you for the information. I suppose that we should use Imgur for entire comic book and manga pages then.
There's also the issue of galleries which explain an ability in detail alongside the context for it. That can't be done on Fandom, period. You need imgur or similar stuff for that.

This isn't something I have focused on as yet but I'll do a few mass-edits this morning to try and clean up the Final Fantasy pages who seem like a big offender of this.

Should take out a good chunk of them.

I have been occupied and I haven't really stumbled across any Discord images during my free time.

I will look through the marvel/dcsometimes and see if any of them have it and fix them. I know X23 does, so I will try to fix that somewhen this week.

Well, we cannot use something similar to our category intersection function to find Marvel or DC pages only, for example, although you can check through the list that I posted earlier and only focus on the shown pages that you are interested in fixing.

@DarkDragonMedeus @SomebodyData @Celestial_Pegasus @Wokistan @Mr._Bambu @Elizhaa @Qawsedf234 @ByAsura @Sir_Ovens @Damage3245 @Starter_Pack @Abstractions @LordGriffin1000 @Colonel_Krukov @SamanPatou @Shadowbokunohero @Crazylatin77 @Jvando @Zaratthustra @Just_a_Random_Butler @ElixirBlue @Tllmbrg @Nehz_XZX

This is an extremely important project. Have any of you made any progress with it?

Experienced regular members can also help out with it, but need to tell me about it here beforehand.
I mean all my profiles and pages are up to date with our standards and don't use Discord images

Okay. No problem.

This was about the wiki as a whole though, so if our staff members have some time left over to help out with this, or know of regular members who are willing to do so, please mention it here.

Kicking off a few more mass edits for the Final Fantasy pages. I'll see if I can get those cleared off by the end of today and that'll take out hundreds of entries from the list.

Thank you very much for helping out so much. You are awesome.

Big thanks to the members who are helping out with this task.

For the record, the vast majority of those links are from old discussion thread posts that are still stored in the wiki, so the task is not nearly as overwhelming as it seems from the numbers that you cited.

Thank you to everybody who are helping out here.

Sorry for butting in, but I feel like it would also be best to announce to the forum why it's a bad idea to use Discord links. A lot of our members use the app, but I assume a lot of them don't know why they shouldn't use those types of links as scans (e.g. that the links will stop working if the original message that had the link was deleted, or if the link was first posted in a server that's now deleted).

Can someone unlock the following:

Many blogspot images can be deleted in those blogs, we have a lot of dead links here and there on the wiki
Hmm. I think that most of those images have been stored at Google Blogspot by Read Comic Online, so they are unlikely to be manually removed.
Sorry for butting in, but I feel like it would also be best to announce to the forum why it's a bad idea to use Discord links. A lot of our members use the app, but I assume a lot of them don't know why they shouldn't use those types of links as scans (e.g. that the links will stop working if the original message that had the link was deleted, or if the link was first posted in a server that's now deleted).
I think that we did so earlier, but am not certain.

Do you remember, @The_Impress ?

Can someone unlock the following:
The above have been cleaned up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back