• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Impenetrability--Accelerator vs Rei Ayanami

Accelerator shouldn't be able to do anything to an intangible opponent. Haven't watched Evangelion, so I have no clue about A.T. Fields or how they would interact with Accelerator's power. Are they just energy fields?

Idk. Didn't finish Evangelion yet, @Lazy. All I know about A.T/Anti A.T Fields is that it makes people blow up into orange juice (well...LCL and out of context, but you get the gist)

Actually, now that I think about it, does speed really need to be equalized? Match is basically...who...exists better.

LazyHunter said:
Accelerator shouldn't be able to do anything to an intangible opponent.
Can't he do the trick with Remote Vector Control? since it dosen't really "touch" you or anything

looking at her profile i dont really see anything very threatening or something,she just seems like the haxxed "energy beam" user

and this entire "turning accel into a liquid" might be solved if he just keeps his distance from the field and manipulate her vectors from where he's at

i go with accel via vector hax for now

Blanked said:
Isn't she a ghost though? Vectors won't work on a ghost.
that basically makes this a stomp if that's the case since accel has 0 ways of harming her if she has some supernatural shenanigans that basically prevents her from getting her vectors controlled

and vectors are basically anything that has a magnitude and direction and that's basically what anything in the world is so i dunno why that wouldn't apply to her even with her nature as a ghost

supernatural ***** are confusing but i hope you get what im saying

Remote Vector Manipulation is basically giving Accelerator range on his Vector Manipulation instead of having to get close, but it wouldn't allow him to affect anything his regular Vector Manipulation would be unable to affect. A ghost (if that's her type of intangibility, though that sounds more like non-corporeality) would have no physical body that can be touched by physical vectors, so Accelerator wouldn't be able to harm them. He would produce the attack, but it would just go harmlessly through her.

So the series' wiki (I know, but that's the best I can do since I havent' watched the series and her page doesn't really explain her powers that well) says A.T. Fields are like some sort of energy barrier produced by the souls of living creatures and that Angels like her are simply powerful enough the barrier has a physical presence. The barrier is strong enough that most conventional weapons are useless (assuming this means up to nukes and such) but it can be affected by other A.T. Fields and some superweapons such as special bombs and powerful directed-energy weapons (they mentioned a positron rifle being used to kill an Angel). That doesn't seem overly complicated or otherwordy so Accelerator might have the same issue he had with magic and Gabriel's regular Telesma infused attacks (reflects weird but presumably Accelerator could adjust to it).

The Anti A.T. Field is described as an energy field that makes A.T. Fields collapse to free the souls of living things. This might work on Accelerator if we equalized A.T. Fields to AIM fields (not sure if this is stretching or not). Otherwise the energy would be reflected.

So yeah, depending on how the Anti A.T. Field interacts with Accelerator's power it's either Inconclusive or Accelerator soul is freed from his body or whatever the Anti A.T. Field does.

I don't remember perfectly since its been a while from the last time i watched, but i do think she has a ghost like nature.

Not sure if there is anyone who can confirm this.

Well I hope it isn't a stomp.

Rei's intangibility makes her outlast Accel before releasing his soul.

She gets utterly shit stomped without it, so I'm sure it's just descisive

I don't see how would Rei being intangible would even be relevant. First of all, Accelerator was able to guess the functioning of 25 000 energy types, so the AT fields can be also understood and reflected if they weren't included in that, because, damn, that's twenty five freaking thousand energy types, therefore he can just understand anything she does and reflect it. I do not see why "how it would interact with Accelerator's powers" is even a thing: he managed to control non-physical things such as magic before, why wouldn't he warp an A.T field's vectors? Besides, being a ghost or otherwise intangible may as well also be irrelevant: he reflects things not through physical contact, but due to the vector coming in contact with his AIM field, and even magic being affected by it suggests it does not matter whether or not the vector is physical, but whether or not there is a vector and whether or not can Accelerator calculate it.

I vote for Accelerator giving Rei a beating and reflecting all she does, even if he does not attempt long range vector manipulation: if it's a field, it may also have a vector.

EDIT: It should be added that Rei's intelligence being "average" is basically saying she won't manage to find out the counter tricks needed to beat Accelerator, so she'll just be the same way he is when countered: hopelessly getting beaten to near-death.

@Mand21

It's pretty obvious why a character who only has physical attacks will have a lot of trouble against an intangible opponent.

Telesma is just 1 type of energy. Guess what happens when White Wings + Halo Accelerator is faced with a giant mass of Telesma. It goes right through his reflection, KOing him and leaving him significantly injured. It's never been about how many types of energy there are at a time. It's always been about their complexity and how close they follow the laws of the world. Since A.T. fields don't exist in Toaru, it would of course be impossible for Kakine to have generated them as part of his plan to beat Accelerator.

Magic is not non-physical, and it's not that divorced from the laws of physics, that's why Accelerator's reflection only got wonky when attacked by regular magic instead of getting bypassed like when he was attacked by Aiwass or the Telesma mass.

Well, I don't think AT or Anti-AT fields would deflect strangely in accels vector field.

What is important is that the thing has strange vectors and it's not like simply being some strange energy indicates that. Vectors look the same for basically everything, being just some (x,y,z) things.

Having strange vectors is a far step from just being supernatural energy or being strange in behavoir. A series would have to show energy to have vectors more complicated for the assumption that it will work.

For intangibility it depends on how it works. Spatial intangibility would make it so vector manipulation doesn't work, intangibility by something like having an energy body would still allow for the energy the body is made up from to be manipulated.

Given that the stuff that happened and the end of evangelion confused me a lot and that I last watched it quite some time ago I don't really remember how most stuff worked and happened.

So I will skip voting for now.

AT Fields are generated by the human soul and are what keeps humans separate from one another. The collapse of your AT Field causes you to lose your identity, your soul leaves your body, and joins all the other "freed" souls to fuse into a single being, leaving your body to decompose into LCL.

You could probably make an argument that AT Fields are similar to AIM Fields given their association with an Esper's personal reality, and thus that an Anti AT Field would collapse Accelerator's vector shield, but that gets into weird interpretation-based stuff. I'd just go with inconclusive.

AT fields and AIM fields are very different.

I mean AIM fields in the first place are not a single type of energy, but basically aggregations of small amounts of the energies and phenomena that the esper powers posses. For a pyrokinetic his AIM field is nothing but small amount of heat around him, for a telekinetic pressure, for an electricity user electromagnetic fields etc.

And, while AIM fields can for some reason be used to influence the personal reality, there is technically nothing indicating that an AIM field is necessary to use an esper ability.

Just realize in accel page, he has macro quantum manip. From where this feat come from? And if i remember matter destruction is removed in his awakening

Trulybehind said:
Just realize in accel page, he has macro quantum manip. From where this feat come from? And if i remember matter destruction is removed in his awakening
Controlling photons and dark matter(from kankine)

Can accel really use macro quantum as an attack, because accel himself can't defeat DM kakine that made up from particle elementary

Manipulation ,not destruction he can move them , not erase them (he defeats 1 clone but as every clone is a system itself and he can create them infinitely he can't put him down)

Do we have a way to make it anywhere near conclusive whether or not the A.T field leaves Accelerator's reflection wonky or bypasses it completely?

Doesn't stop her from touching herself tho

I MEAN, her body parts should be interacting with themselves to be able to form a whole, right? He can manipulate based on just that.

That isn't exactly justification that he can control Vectors that are not physically present.

At all

Also inconclusive neither can affect the other

yea but there is litteraly no fight how do u even add this:"great fight theys stared at each other for 30 min" at least itachi vs sasuke used illusion

There isn't such a thing as the vector not being physically present just because it cannot be touched. He can reflect light as well as he doesn't need to physically touch a vector to manipulate it: all it takes is contact with his AIM field. A vector should be "physically present" as long as it is located on space, regardless of its "touchability". Intangibility isn't about not being on the place you are, it's about being something impossible to touch through conventional means.

That is pure nonsense. Sorry for the bluntness, but honestly.

<He can reflect light

Light isn't intangible, nor non-corporal, she's a ghost, he can't manipulate a vector that isn't there.

It isn't physically present if it's just a soul which is what she is.

Mand21 said:
There isn't such a thing as the vector not being physically present just because it cannot be touched. He can reflect light as well as he doesn't need to physically touch a vector to manipulate it: all it takes is contact with his AIM field. A vector should be "physically present" as long as it is located on space, regardless of its "touchability". Intangibility isn't about not being on the place you are, it's about being something impossible to touch through conventional means.
a physical vectorl apper when there is an iteraction, if shw just is perma intagible he can't interact and she can't interact

Back