• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Peptocoptr27 It was this one, and then later continued here. Omnipresent wasn't mentioned in the first one, but there were plenty of 2019 threads regarding Omnipresence and/or Nigh-Omnipresence vs Immeasurable.

Tbh, the way the new immeasurable speed standards are handled is very poor. I understand why it was changed to FTL but I disagree. Not only is that unnecessarily strict but it's also dismissive and pretty lazy.

Immeasurable and FTL time travel is a case by case thing. A verse has to establish that moving at FTL speeds would allow you to time travel.

For example: Christopher Reves uses his raw speed to time travel. However the context shows that he specifically has to move at FTL to time travel.
Verses like Dragon Ball is Sonic have characters that travel at FTL speeds. These two can run/fly at FTL speeds, but do you see them time traveling after exceeding light speed? No, since they don’t time travel when going FTL, that means whenever they do time travel with raw speed, it would be immeasurable. You can’t have FTL time travel and immeasurable speed time travel exist in the same verse fot the same reason. It's very simple, some verses treat time travel with raw speed as FTL and some treat it as immeasurable. It's our job to accurately determine which outcome is the best for each verse without being biased.

You can't have your cake and eat it too!

Tbh, the way the new immeasurable speed standards are handled is very poor. I understand why it was changed to FTL but I disagree. Not only is that unnecessarily strict but it's also dismissive and pretty lazy.

Immeasurable and FTL time travel is a case by case thing. A verse has to establish that moving at FTL speeds would allow you to time travel.

For example: Christopher Reves uses his raw speed to time travel. However the context shows that he specifically has to move at FTL to time travel.
Verses like Dragon Ball is Sonic have characters that travel at FTL speeds. These two can run/fly at FTL speeds, but do you see them time traveling after exceeding light speed? No, since they don’t time travel when going FTL, that means whenever they do time travel with raw speed, it would be immeasurable. You can’t have FTL time travel and immeasurable speed time travel exist in the same verse fot the same reason. It's very simple, some verses treat time travel with raw speed as FTL and some treat it as immeasurable. It's our job to accurately determine which outcome is the best for each verse without being biased.

I absolutely agree with this

Also that last comment I'm dying lol :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

110% this. Its very counter-intituive and contradicting to specify that time travel can be achieved with FTL speed, but we don't give time travel to every verse that births a FTL feat as they don't treat FTL, in the context of their verse and their verse alone, as enough to time travel.

I understand the basis behind the new standard change, but it shouldn't be set as a universal standard. It should be case by case. If the verse treats FTL as enough to time travel, they don't qualify for immeasurable speed. If they don't treat FTL as enough to time travel, then they can qualify.

Very simple and it throws out much of the confusions that these standard changes attempt to do without needing to give universal-treatment to every fictional series.

God damn right! I'm so glad this point is no longer getting ignored! I was getting tired of repeating it. Zamasu and Kukui worded it perfectly

Idr understand the Immeasurable standards either.

Apparently transcending space-time and moving through time with speed aren't Immeasurable but Blazblue gets it for those exact reasons, it's very.
Confusing to me.

Idr understand the Immeasurable standards either.

Apparently transcending space-time and moving through time with speed aren't Immeasurable but Blazblue gets it for those exact reasons, it's very.
Confusing to me.
They get it for traveling through Boundry I guess which is 5D.....and done through speed I guess ...... but I am no at all knowledgeable on the verse.....so take my word with a barrel of salt

I actually have a thread up that's actively trying to get higher-dimensional physical travel to be immeasurable in the standards if anyone wants to check that out.

Where is this time travel being SoL speed coming from? I don't recall there ever being a thread accepted on this.

Last edited:
Traveling through time "Via movement" doesn't grant Immeasurable speed by default. And in the Dollarean's case, it travels through time despite being only 82 MPH. But in Superman's case, it was simply an FTL feat. And no, we are not giving time travel to everyone who simply has an FTL speed rating; only that plenty of example feats are simply FTL.

But anyway, I really should refresh the thread and should start making a new OP.

Finally, new thread here, closing this one now. But I'm worried this is still far from over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back