• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Immeasurable Speed: Physically Transcending Space-Time

I’m asking this here because this was contributing to the derailment of this thread and I didn’t want to clog it up any further.

Getting straight to the point. From what I know and have been made aware of at this point, freely being able to travel through linear time, as in moving from the past to the future or the future to the past or past to the present, is a form of Immeasurable Speed. So long as it’s through actual speed and not some kind of teleportation or ability. I have 0 issue with this requirement.

However, there is an issue I have about what we currently don’t accept as immeasurable speed. And that’s space-time transcendence done through sheer speed.

What’s the Issue?​

Simply put, the main confusion with the current standards I have is that we accept freely moving through linear time at will as immeasurable speed, but for lack of explained reasoning, someone who could freely move beyond and back into linear time all together with movement isn’t qualified for the exact same rating. And because there’s a lack of explanation, this makes no sense. To make sure you get a clear picture of what I’m trying to say here, let’s use this as a diagram.

opposite-arrays.png
Let’s take this line segment shown above, with points X, Z and Y shown on the line.

X represents the past
Z represents the present
Y represents the future

And the entire line segment represents time in a linear fashion. Past going to the present which goes to the future.

What does the diagram have to do with this?​

Based on how the current standards for Immeasurable Speed work, freely moving from the future to the past or from the present to the future with any given movement would be a way to achieve immeasurable speed.

So according to the line segment diagram I gave above, an immeasurable speed character would be moving from one point on the line segment to another point freely. Moving from Point X to Point Z, or from Point Y to X. Freely moving throughout the line segment that is linear time.

Okay, so where is the issue?​

This is where the problem comes now. Let’s say Character A comes from a verse where there exists many higher dimensions, all of which are proven to transcend space and time. And Character A is able to physically travel to these higher dimensions freely, roam through them and can travel back to his 3-D realm. Again, as a speed feat and not done through teleportation abilities.

That means, instead of them simply moving between points X, Z and Y on the line segment, aka moving between the past, present and future, they are moving beyond all 3 of them entirely and into a place that exists beyond that of linear time. AND can freely travel back into linear time.

This is my main issue with the current standards. And if there’s an explanation for why we don’t accept the latter, someone please explain it to me as good as possible.

Because what I’m not understanding is how someone who is freely able to move beyond all of what linear time is cannot get the same speed rating as someone who can only move throughout linear time and not move outside of it.

IF anything, transcending space and time with your movements and freely moving back would imply you can freely move through linear time and then some anyway. Because before you can even transcend, your starting point would be anywhere from within linear time. That means you would need to move through linear time in order to then leave linear time from any given point before going on to transcending it. And in order to re-enter linear time, you would have to move through it as well to go back to your given point in time.

Example: Character A is from the present in his universe. He physically transcends time and space to enter 4-D space. And when coming back, he goes from 4-D space back into his present era.

Character A would have to move through the present to then leave the present to then transcend, and re-enter the present to come back. That would still be moving through linear time, the only difference is that Character A isn’t going to another point in time.

Tl;dr​

Freely moving through linear time is clear and I have no issues or concerns with that.

What my concern here is why transcending it with sheer speed wouldn’t be given the same rating for all the reason I laid out.

Last edited:
This actually makes sense to me. I mean this is basically applied on Wally’s page. While I am aware there are revisions going on regarding immeasurable speed, this seems to make sense to me since Wally has more than one thing going for him when it comes to traveling through time via sheer speed (and this grating immeasurable) and then when amped he can even enter the 4th dimension via sheer speed. Meaning even in fiction it’s treated as something superior.

This actually makes sense to me. I mean this is basically applied on Wally’s page. While I am aware there are revisions going on regarding immeasurable speed, this seems to make sense to me since Wally has more than one thing going for him when it comes to traveling through time via sheer speed (and this grating immeasurable) and then when amped he can even enter the 4th dimension via sheer speed. Meaning even in fiction it’s treated as something superior.
Exactly

Tbh, if it truly means trascending linear time, then it would give Immeansurable speed rating, but just "trascends time" without context can lead to Resistance at best.

What is other time than linear time? Nonlinear time? It's even a far more better feats than anything linear.

Take the linear time as the one Kukui presented, a line which has in its entirely past, present and future.

Now, we are below it, since our speed is costantly bound from it, since we're costantly in the present, and can't do nothing to change this state with our speed, even Infinite speed charas, since even they are still locked in the present despite being able to cross infinite distances / moving in 0 time.

Now, we have the ones with Immeasurable speed, who aren't bound from it and can actually go in the past/future with mere speed, without being costantly stuck in the present, being so above both the definition of space and time in their speed ratings.

Time on it's own already encompass all of that though. Kukui already explained that above. But i guess if everyone want to be nitpicking...

Beside, it doesn't even make sense in context. A story always involve progress, which the present will become the past as the story go and moving through the future. If a character stated to transcend "time" without the linear part, wtf did they even transcend?

Last edited:
A story always involve progress, which the present will become the past as the story go and moving through the future. If a character stated to transcend "time" without the linear part, wtf did they even transcend?
That's just fiction logic bruh

Tbh, if it truly means trascending linear time, then it would give Immeansurable speed rating, but just "trascends time" without context can lead to Resistance at best.
My entire argument and reason for why I made this post is under the idea that “transcending time” is in the context of speed, not anything else.

Do you have any examples of which character would be upgraded if this logic is accepted?

Do you have any examples of which character would be upgraded if this logic is accepted?
Not anyone specific at the moment.

But it would be for anyone who can freely transcend time and space with movement (again, clarifying this so that the context is clearly speed and not done with some unrelated ability).

I have a bit of the problem with how you described that as technically we have accepted Transcending Time and Space through Movement as an applicable way from getting Immeasurable in the past but that's recently been questioned because it's led to numerous Character receiving Immeasurable when they probably shouldn't have.

Though from what I can understand what your proposing is something different from that and is worded a bit too vaguely above.

From what I can tell, you're saying that Characters who can through speed alone reach (Wiki applicable) Higher-Dimensions and travel back to Lower-Dimensions should achieve Immeasurable. While I can see certain people try to exploit this to get an inflated speed rating from vague and not applicable statements and feats (such as the above mentioned Nocturne). I can still support this type of feat as something that can support an Immeasurable rating if theirs other Immeasurable applicable feats.

I see what your saying Everything12, but that’s not really a counter argument against the feat in and of itself counting as immeasurable in the first place.

Because the issue isn’t whether this type of feat should count as immeasurable, but rather, the issue is how we are applying it. For instance, this:

While I can see certain people try to exploit this to get an inflated speed rating from vague and not applicable statements and feats (such as the above mentioned Nocturne). I can still support this type of feat as something that can support an Immeasurable rating if theirs other Immeasurable applicable feats.
If a verse in particular has vague space-time transcendence statements, then the issue here isn’t that transcending space-time should count as immeasurable. The issue is that the particular verse is being wanked through vague one off statements that, in actual context, do not treat transcendence as a speed feat. Instead people try to, as you said, exploit the evidence to pass it off as a speed feat when it likely isn’t treated as such.

And on top of that, even if it is treated like a speed feat, they might also try and exploit it in some ways to try hiding outliers which, as per usual, is obviously not allowed.

Basically, this is a scaling and evidence issue, not an issue with the feat. If the transcendence is treated like an actual speed feat, that should be treated as immeasurable. But what needs to be done also is to make sure that all context from the evidence actually refers to speed. And to make sure it doesn’t turn itself into an outlier.

Short answer of one Immeasurable speed is; a character who effortlessly moves, fights, and reacts, through at least one temporal dimension as a spatial dimension.

Zoom pretty much varies in speed; he can reach Infinite speed, but isn't always that fast.

If Hypertime is the same context of 4th Dimension Wally, I can see it.

It’s infinite spatio-temporal dimensions going by Princeofthemorning’s blog. So yeah same context but better.

Btw, does anyone know how add tags to the thread?

Idk how to do that yet.
I think it depends on what device you’re on. For me, I can just add tags to a thread I create before I create it, and I believe you can edit them by just editing the thread. There should be some small box about adding tags when you create a thread, though I may be wrong. I’m on an IPad currently, so it could be very different for things such as PC, but from what i’ve seen it isn’t.

Can somebody remind me with a summary of the discussion here thus far please?

Back