• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

I'm Immortal and So Are You: My Two Favorite Games Duke it Out

Mr. Bambu

Suffer-Not-Injustice Bambu
VS Battles
Joke Battles
Super Moderator
Administrator
Calculation Group
Silver Supporter
Literally hyped for this fight as these two characters are the protagonists from my two favorite video games of all time. Which means it will probably devolve horribly.

The Good Hunter now has to battle The Absolver. 7-C keys used, both are allowed their full equipment and all that (20 Blood Vials, 20 Quicksilver Rounds, all weapons in 7-C key, etc etc, whereas Absolver has their choice of armors and weapons since they really don't have much)

Speed equalized and all that fun stuff, battle is in Cainhurst Castle (no enemies about). For the purpose of this fight, both have access to their Shrines/Lanterns to resurrect.

Who wins and why?

Masked Ma:

Brutal Boi:

Incon:

Both are essentially a cointoss as to what they start off with honestly. Both are "blank slate" characters. However...

• Absolver is practically guaranteed to begin with plain out-and-out Martial Arts, and would likely attempt to disarm Hunter of whatever weapons he has. Afterwards, Absolver likely begins using Essence attacks such as Gravity (makes Gravity affect a foe for longer), Silence (negates magic/energy based stuff), Shadow Avoid (Instinctive Reaction), etc.
  • Hunter is more likely to just out-and-out attack at first, too, though with what weapon would make considerable changes. Most notably, someone will bring up the Bloodletter, which is known for mindhaxing people into going insane- however, 7-C Absolver resisted Arcell's mindhax, who was altering the minds of Absolvers across multiple realities.
TL;DR they're both more likely to just attack with the best of their melee abilities, with Hunter possibly being able to mindhax or some other ability, though this wouldn't actually work on Absolver. If Absolver opens wearing his Cursed Mask, that may work, but I don't recall if Hunter ever fully resisted the curses of the Great Ones.

FOR REFERENCE

their AP does have some disjunction in potency

Bloodborne scales to 14.06 Kilotons of TNT

Absolver scales to 68.44 Kilotons of TNT

So the AP advantage is heavily in Absolver's favor, at 4.88x, but not enough to constantly one-shot and considering Hunter's immense healing abilities that shouldn't be a huge game changer.

Do they have any way around the other not dying properly?

Potentially.

Absolver maintains their curse-gaze-thing for one mask. Whether or not the Hunter resists curses is open to debate.

Aside from that and now that Huter's soul hax is getting removed, I do not believe so.

I don't remember anything that would indicate Hunter resisting curses specifically

Great Ones. Curses come from the Great Ones in Bloodborne, and to our knowledge the Hunter was never affected by them. However, I'm not sure how we'd be sure this even ever happened, as in, a Great One cursing them.

However, even then, the Absolver's curse-hax relies entirely on the use of a singular mask out of hundreds.

Back