• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Assaltwaffle

VS Battles
Retired
Well guys, I've missed y'all, and it looks like it's time to come back. For all those who weren't aware, I left the Wiki as a stand against the apparent policy of "context doesn't matter" that FANDOM seemed to present. If they didn't blatantly show this to be false, I would not be coming back, but they did.

Kep was recently unbanned because another FANDOM employee looked over his case and decided that the punishment was not fitting considering what Kep did. From Kep's words: "The guy who replied said he analyzed it and found the original guy's reply to what I did exaggerated based on the rules."

This is a clear admission that Kep's situation (the context in which he said the ban-able word) mattered, and therefore he went against the ruling of the previous staff member by overturning the ban early.

A similar instance of acknowledging context's importance was with PaChi. He was banned for testing out the new filter system, but was later unbanned since he did not use the word in a derogatory manner, but was rather just testing the system.

If context didn't matter in either if the situations, the bans would still be in place. But, context does matter and has shown to be considered, even by a platform that previously had an employee that disregarded context. I figure I can't hold out for an outright apology, but this indirect admission of fault and the importance of context sates my desire for vindication and a justified return.

TLDR: FANDOM acknowledged context's importance so I'm back.

Nice. I assume you'll be going back to admin?

@Cal I noticed, but I was going to reply to all the staff later on, or else I'd be replying every couple of lines!

@Everyone

Thank you all. It feels great to be so openly received after a several month absence. I hope I can live up to what y'all think of me.

Give it time. Ant hasn't even responded to this, so we should just be patient.

Besides, we're already forcing Kep to hit the ground running. At least give Assalt a little time.

Back