• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

I'll Make You an Anima Sheet

Unrelated to this thread, but, if the Rayman characters possesses an accepted 4-B calc, why not use that for the rating then?

Actually, i'll just change Megiddo to lady dimitrescu if you don't mind
Good thing I didn't start creating the layout, otherwise it would have been a waste. All right then, personally, I find Megiddo a little bland (in the sense the profile does not expand in how it uses its powers or overall fights).

Unrelated to this thread, but, if the Rayman characters possesses an accepted 4-B calc, why not use that for the rating then?
Well, it’s unclear who actually scales to the 4-B feat, since it only appears in the most recent major game in the series (5 times in said game in fact). It doesn’t help that the series canon is infamously wonky.

I can find someone else if you’re uncomfortable with doing this particular series.

Well, I can limit it to the classic Rayman in any case, so whatever they scale to the 4-B or not shouldn't influence whatever sheet I made. Although, Rayman is also rated Low 7-B to 4-B and no keys at all, what makes me think that people hasn't agreed if consider that one feat an outlier or not, or whenever Legends is canon to the older games.

Good thing I didn't start creating the layout, otherwise it would have been a waste. All right then, personally, I find Megiddo a little bland (in the sense the profile does not expand in how it uses its powers or overall fights).
Well he is a side character so he is kinda bland

@Noneless21, have your vampire mommy: Lady Dimitrescu.

Originally planned to make her Lv 4, but her powers are expensive, plus as society dame, she need few skills. She is not maximized, she does not seems like the combative type and do not really bother in defending, relying more in her regeneration (1 LP per round), damage reduction and in a power that avoids her to be forced to the defensive (albeit with a minor penalty). Monster isn't too different, except that instead of having a power to not be forced to the defensive, is straight up a damage resistance creature... she also summons flies as a special attack. Otherwise, is just a giant monster that fly.

@Noneless21, have your vampire mommy: Lady Dimitrescu.

Originally planned to make her Lv 4, but her powers are expensive, plus as society dame, she need few skills. She is not maximized, she does not seems like the combative type and do not really bother in defending, relying more in her regeneration (1 LP per round), damage reduction and in a power that avoids her to be forced to the defensive (albeit with a minor penalty). Monster isn't too different, except that instead of having a power to not be forced to the defensive, is straight up a damage resistance creature... she also summons flies as a special attack. Otherwise, is just a giant monster that fly.
Alright cool, thx man

@XSOULOFCINDERX, its the oversized iguana's trun to roll the dice: Godzilla.

Quite enjoy creating oversized monsters. Decided to deviate from the tipical claws + bite combination attack, now he now attack with both at the same time, suffering a minor penalty when charging the atomic breath, that is not only is superheated, but also cause raioactive damage. Otherwise, is just a giant monster that cause a lot of damage.

Ok, @Crowman123, have your blonde brat: Star Butterfly.

This is my first attemp of a user with Natural Magic, that is like materializing whatever you want through magic instead of sticking to a magic path, that I believe what Star does with summoning a blast of cupcakes or unicorns, and spider machinegun and etc. Magic nature is not very viable unless one possesses high Power, so I gave her few extra level (notice she is not that much maximized in combat). Then you have her meberty form, that gave her as a level adjustment, although with a cost (don't known if she have actual limits in this form, but those are more for balancing purposes).
Thank you very much.

@Mantidil, there you go: Reflux.

Most of his powers can be represented as psychic powers, most notably fire and electricity manip, although they are quite simply as they are just projectiles and AoE attacks; he also possesses Telekinesis for his environmental control... and more projectiles. This must be the first time I used a psychic pattern on someone (they aren't very effective for the PC honestly), Psychopathy in this case grants bonuses when doing something with the end of causing harm, but a penalty when doing basically everything else. The rest are moster powers, and made Lepty's Orb as a separated artifact.

@Mantidil, there you go: Reflux.

Most of his powers can be represented as psychic powers, most notably fire and electricity manip, although they are quite simply as they are just projectiles and AoE attacks; he also possesses Telekinesis for his environmental control... and more projectiles. This must be the first time I used a psychic pattern on someone (they aren't very effective for the PC honestly), Psychopathy in this case grants bonuses when doing something with the end of causing harm, but a penalty when doing basically everything else. The rest are moster powers, and made Lepty's Orb as a separated artifact.
Thanks for taking the time to do this. This is well thought out and awesome!

@The_Axiom_of_Virgo, the new Kimetus no Yaiba character seems promising: Zangetsu.

Now, you must be wondering why I didn't gave him magic with the onmyodo theorem, this is because Zangetsu's ofuda use is pretty limited, is mostly elemental attacks and few offensive powers, stuff that can be replicated with ki. So I made him as an acrobat, he has elemental attack and unusual weapon module, so he can attack with the different types of attack... for free! He also has batto-jutsu cuz that is what samurais tend to have (no penalty when unsheating or changing weapons) and accumulate projectile for attacking with a volley of kunais with no penalty to attack (although now the penalty is to initiative, but that is not that much of an issue considering his speed).

Now, the ofudas her behave as artifacts, they are kind of expensive to active if you plan in using techs (reason why he possesses the improved ki regeneration advantage, and Caelum, that supply your ki when you are nearly dying), and being honest not sure if one can create artifacts with art pieces (although is not farfetched), but it checks out. I feel he could use some Technician levels to supply more ki points and save me the MM advantage, but in this way he is more acrobatic and overall better in combat.

@The_Axiom_of_Virgo, the new Kimetus no Yaiba character seems promising: Zangetsu.

Now, you must be wondering why I didn't gave him magic with the onmyodo theorem, this is because Zangetsu's ofuda use is pretty limited, is mostly elemental attacks and few offensive powers, stuff that can be replicated with ki. So I made him as an acrobat, he has elemental attack and unusual weapon module, so he can attack with the different types of attack... for free! He also has batto-jutsu cuz that is what samurais tend to have (no penalty when unsheating or changing weapons) and accumulate projectile for attacking with a volley of kunais with no penalty to attack (although now the penalty is to initiative, but that is not that much of an issue considering his speed).

Now, the ofudas her behave as artifacts, they are kind of expensive to active if you plan in using techs (reason why he possesses the improved ki regeneration advantage, and Caelum, that supply your ki when you are nearly dying), and being honest not sure if one can create artifacts with art pieces (although is not farfetched), but it checks out. I feel he could use some Technician levels to supply more ki points and save me the MM advantage, but in this way he is more acrobatic and overall better in combat.
Thank you very much and I appreciate the additional attention to detail with how his skills would work in the Anima setting.

Hmm, that profile is kind of lacking considering that she comes from a well known novel serie. In general, I'm not as eager to go for novel characters (still with a bad mouth flavor due the canadian drow and the chinese man), but given she only appeared in one book, I may accept her.

Hiwever, my internet is having issues again (what a surprise!), so I'll wait for it to fix before creating more sheets.

All right, I finished my first adventure for the Adventure Contest of the ABF Discord, plus my internet has been working fine the last weeks, so I believe I can resume this thread, but the limit per user remains the same.

Furthermore, I gonna ask: would you rather have a character that can be build in-game as a PC (playable character), or want to still create their characters as if they were NPC (nonplayable characters)? The difference is that, as a PC, you wouldn't choose custom abilities, and you are bound to create a character following player rules. For example, if I made Steven Universe as a PC, it would have level adjusment, and rather I'll choose accesible abilities to emulate his powers, such Creation magic, Blood of the Great Beasts so he can transform into Stevenzilla, and maybe even make him a fitting race (such [nephilim] Jayan for his inhuman strength).

Naturally, this would only affect humanoid characters, and monsters such dragons and such, keep the sheet creation methodology.

All right, I finished my first adventure for the Adventure Contest of the ABF Discord, plus my internet has been working fine the last weeks, so I believe I can resume this thread, but the limit per user remains the same.

Furthermore, I gonna ask: would you rather have a character that can be build in-game as a PC (playable character), or want to still create their characters as if they were NPC (nonplayable characters)? The difference is that, as a PC, you wouldn't choose custom abilities, and you are bound to create a character following player rules. For example, if I made Steven Universe as a PC, it would have level adjusment, and rather I'll choose accesible abilities to emulate his powers, such Creation magic, Blood of the Great Beasts so he can transform into Stevenzilla, and maybe even make him a fitting race (such [nephilim] Jayan for his inhuman strength).

Naturally, this would only affect humanoid characters, and monsters such dragons and such, keep the sheet creation methodology.
If my last request is still being considered, I am personally fine with you doing the Anima sheet the same way. Feel free to do whichever method is easier for you though. Thanks!

Few sheets here were made in that way (not taking equipment into account), being viable for players with minimal intervention of the GM. I ask in case some of you would like to emulate the character for future games, something that may be difficult if I give you a sheet with few "gifts" (not like any of you play this game either way...).

As for the last request, I would avoid novel characters from the time being (oh, the chinamen and the dark elf gave me some bad mouth taste), so if you have any other request in mind...

Few sheets here were made in that way (not taking equipment into account), being viable for players with minimal intervention of the GM. I ask in case some of you would like to emulate the character for future games, something that may be difficult if I give you a sheet with few "gifts" (not like any of you play this game either way...).

As for the last request, I would avoid novel characters from the time being (oh, the chinamen and the dark elf gave me some bad mouth taste), so if you have any other request in mind...
Understood. I will let you know if I think of someone

Anima, or Anima: Beyond Fantasy, is a tabletop role playing game (or ttrpg for short), kind of like Dungeons & Dragons, but uses d100 instead of d20, and is considerable more crunchy and weeb.

A sheet or statblock, is basically a game profile where you see the stats and abilities of the characters.

sure, ill say jotaro kujo or jonathan joestar, either is fine, deku, and sans undertale

all except maybe jonathan are technically modern but none rely on tech other than dekus special shoes and arm bracers, though those arent necessary or all too advanced, and sans lives in the underground where the only real advanced tech is in one lab

deku probably does count as a long running series so feel free to reject him, though i can provide whatever i know for your research, jotaro might also count but to a lesser extent

i dont have any respect threads on hand but im decently knowledgeable on all of them, especially jjba

Jotara wouldn't translate good enough since the whole Stand subsystem, Deku is kind of simple, although comes from a long running serie, as for Sans... he is kind of weird honestly, few of his powers are kind of meta... plus I recall already rejecting him within this thread.

But Jonathan is simple enough, I can handle him. If curious, I made Kars long time ago.

the only weird ability of sans' thats really necessary is his soul manip, he does have some weird spatial stuff but its not super ingrained in his regular fighting style

First Cool Jojo incoming: Jonathan Joestar.

Breaking down the sheet, the main combat style of Jojo is a barrega of strikes, something that is the basis of the Kempo martial art, that decrease the penalty of multiple attacks, plus can declare an additional attack of what his attack ability allows him. Next is his Zoom Punch,: the game does not differentiate much in the range weapons unless its an area attack (something Jojo does not do a lot), but giving the principle of extending the arms is to reach the face of the target with more ease that, in some way, means more accuracy, something that Sambo in the highest degree do, by reducing the penalty by aimed by 1/2 (that in top of being unarmed attacks, is a 1/4 in total); the martial art also allows to perform area attack with more ease, as well to disarm and knock down with reduced penalty (something appropiated for a Rugby player).

Other martial arts involve Boxing... cuz Jojo actually practice boxing, but also because is the martial art that grants more damage in his repertory, as well to bonuses to counter attacks and improved speed. And finally we have Xin Quan, a combat style used in one-to-one combat, that allows the Jojo to apply a bonus to one attack when attacking a single target. He also uses a sword, but unfortunately, neither of his martial arts are related to using longswords, so he uses the weapon with a minor penalty.

Then his Hamon, that is represented a bunch of ki abilites. In that way he can damage energy (NPI and Dura Neg), has his damage improved, improved his reactions, can heal and even get people of of a dying state, walk through water, reduces negative caused by pain and fatigue, and imrpove his stats; He also can attack with fire and light elements, so you can kill some vampires or any other undead (although in Anima most undeads aren't weak to sunlight). However, he can not magnetize nor... control snakes, that would be already beyond the uses of Ki.

Since third and last season of Mob Psycho 100 is coming this october... How about Lord Psycho Helmet
For context it's an entity born from collective belief towards the divine tree (wich is a multi city block covering skycraper sized giant Broccoli stalk that got supercharged with Psychic energy) that acts as it's avatar. The divine tree itself is passively growing by absorbing nutrients from the soil and faith from it's believers and will kill the flora in a city wide radius by draining their lifeforce (and of anything that touches it's roots) as well as nutrients from the soil in a few days. It also eats evil spirits that are attracted by it's energy, and if a humans enters inside it the tree will begin to slowly drain their psychic energy.

The divine tree is also passively emitting a brainwashing wavelength that turns people in it's believers and then uses believers as routers to further increase it's range and potency, at it's weakest it only affects weaker minded individuals and can eventually breakthrough esper mind resistance at it's peak. Eating products made from it will result in a stronger mindwashing attempt.

For the avatar itself, while it's spiritual if not abstract in nature it only attacks by creating bodies that are made entirely out of broccoli from the tree, the avatar is bound to the tree and cannot leave it. it also attacks with striking/shapeshifting and creating restraining vines from the divine tree, can regen from the tree and make additional copies to strike. They are rather fragile due to being made out of broccoli. The avatar can also repair the divine tree by spending some absorbed energy. It will weaken heavily and eventually die if it runs out of believers and it's roots are kept away from the ground.

@Mantidil, The parasite-undead duo itself: Squigly.

Not much special things about this sheet, Leviathan basically works as natural weapons, causing both thrust and heat damage, and also have his final attack a hooming attack that obtains a bonus when the target tries to dodge (just as the Guardian Totem). Her sonic form is basically Etheral Form (form of air), and since I didn't see much of her using that power, I made it defensive-only.

The special thing was her musical attacks, so I though to use Virgo, that is basically an attack using music. Naturally, and given its ki based, and undead such Squigly would be unable to learn, so I spent few additional DP to gave her the power (albeit with few limitations gonna need the extra DP). Curiosly, there's someone in Anima that do the same, some Idol (yes, those exist in Anima as well) that was passed through some experiments, and now uses Virgo with her voice.

If you do not knwon what Virgo is, here some result: Nearly invisible long-distance attacks that cause pain due ear rupturing and ignore armor, the limit is that the attack ability is limited by the music skill of the wearer (but is only 10 pints of difference, so not the big deal).

As for the other users, gotta revise them tomorrow as its already late. Isn't Mob Psycho some long running serie tho?

Mob psycho manga has 100 chapter ended a long time ago and the anime will end this season, not sure if that counts as long running

@InfiniteDay, this thing do not seems like a bird: Apocalypse Bird.

Its one or two level above of what I wanted to be, but is not quite maximized. Its the kind of creature you through at [relatively] low level PC for them to destroy the eggs to get rid of the creature. Made it darkness elemental due its power being related to darkness in some way, and some minor psychic powers to teleport away, in that way it may compensate its awkward locomotion.

As for the other users, I think I may pass through Mob Psycho and MHA characters from the time being, although I can take care of Captain Falcon if that is your choice.

Not sure if you’ll take another from me but

Olimar and his Pikmin could make for a kewl profile. You can just cover his base key, since the S.S Dolphin both exceeds your tier limit and is a bit too futuristic for the setting.

Back